Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

Am I the only one that did a double take at the title of this update? It was the first thing I read when I woke up, so I rubbed my eyes a little bit to make sure it didn't say something else.

Well, it certainly doesn't sound like any Xbox Live, but it's better than nothing. It still means I can play against my friends in Phoenix, Omaha and Sioux Falls who have a Wii and are likely to get Smash Brothers. And perhaps some of you guys. Though, once you taste Xbox Live, it's hard to pull those expectations down.

It could be a point tournament instead of an elimination.

Stock matches, the winner gets as many point as he has characters left. Then the first 4 end up in an elimination round, best versus worse, middle versus middle, then we have a final for third and fourth and finally one for first and second. Hopefully people can watch in spectator mode. (as in hopefully there is a spectator mode)

Thinking about it, it could be 4 way timed matches... and you get 4, 3, 2 or 1 point depending where you rank.

Wow, and of course on game blogs, people are still whining. "FRIEND CODES ARE SO LAME".

Honestly, it's not that bad.. you enter it in once and you're done.

Do people honestly want voice chats? From my experience, voice chat can be pretty annoying, especially when people just put music up to the mic.

I guess I kind of figured people would complain if it has online play or if it doesn't have online play.

People wonder why Nintendo won't allow messages or names to be display while playing against someone random. I guess people don't know that kids do play video games, and I don't think some child's mother would be too happy walking by and see "FUCKYOU420" or something. Same goes with the messages.

BardicKnowledge faces:

Cocklick

Gokuvegeta666

FairyFlowerTemptress

Ah yes, a real added value.

My friend and I loved seeing the names of players who played Halo 2 online.

POTSMOKER420

XXXHARDCOREXXX

420STUNNA420

I may not be exactly precise with the names, but you get the idea lol. We'd be like "oh snap, it's another player from the 420 clan" haha.

People should be going crazy with joy that Brawl even has online in the first place, but oh well.. can't please everyone I guess.

Leaderboards would actually suck. The people would simply try to disconnect to avoid losing. People don't play fair online, we've seen that too often.

That is a very simple problem that has been fixed. A disconnect, be through lag or intentional, the remaining person uploads the game to the stat server as a win.

All I cared about was playing with friends, so I am now completely satisfied. Ice climbers are back, new play modes are available, nothing looks like it's being lost, just reworked and new stuff added. I can now say with full confidence that this game will rock.

All I cared about was playing with friends, so I am now completely satisfied. Ice climbers are back, new play modes are available, nothing looks like it's being lost, just reworked and new stuff added. I can now say with full confidence that this game will rock.

WHERE lS CAPTAIN FALCON?!?!