Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

I just noticed that. That means Pits got 2 stages in the game. This one and the one with a statue of Atlas in it. Quite a dent for someone who's been out of action for so long. Sakurai must think of him as an important character, despite that.

Thats a fire emblem stage, in the background the drapes have a symbol from fire emblem on them

Thats a fire emblem stage, in the background the drapes have a symbol from fire emblem on them

Pray tell, what symbol are you talking about? The one we already discussed many, many pages ago, where it wasn't even close to any Fire Emblem symbol?

I mean, yes, it's quite possible that it's a fire emblem stage, but we don't know for sure.

Pray tell, what symbol are you talking about? The one we already discussed many, many pages ago, where it wasn't even close to any Fire Emblem symbol?

I mean, yes, it's quite possible that it's a fire emblem stage, but we don't know for sure.

It looks more like a FE stage than a KI stage, IMO

Just a thought, but wouldnt it be cool if Samus could transform into Dark Samus (MP2 and/or MP3) and use her Phazon abilities when using her Smash Attack?

This version of Samus is supposed to be more from The Metroid Prime series than the old series, so the Smash Attack could be Prime related.

I know each faction in the FE games had a symbol, and while they weren't exactly that one, they were verrrrry close. It could be the one from the game coming out soon on wii. In my eyes it has to be a Fire Emblem stage simlpy because what other nintendo game involves castle sieges with catapults and flags with symbols on them. *shrugs* I guess we'll find out "officially", but my money is on FE.

Links Final Smash, well I suppose its balanced to strike only one target but always hit, marios final smash moves fast enough that you can dodge roll through it
Light shoots out from the Triforce on the back of Link’s hand, striking his opponents!

Note the plural of opponents. I think anyone who gets hit by the triforce gets stuck in it, so if he hits all 3 people with it, then they all get mauled.

It looks more like a FE stage than a KI stage, IMO

Just a thought, but wouldnt it be cool if Samus could transform into Dark Samus (MP2 and/or MP3) and use her Phazon abilities when using her Smash Attack?

This version of Samus is supposed to be more from The Metroid Prime series than the old series, so the Smash Attack could be Prime related.

Technically, I dont think Samus could go Dark as of MP/MP2, since Dark Samus is just Metroid Prime re-incarnate(or whatever term you want to use), correct me if I'm wrong, please.

And I agree with the Final Smash being Prime Related, if not SM related with the hyper beam, which it very well should be, but the annihilator beam would be my second choice imo...

Note the plural of opponents. I think anyone who gets hit by the triforce gets stuck in it, so if he hits all 3 people with it, then they all get mauled.

Opponents could just mean that it is an attack that can be directed against them, not necessarily all of them simultaneously

The plural in opponents means that Link is competing against more than one person in the Smash realm...not necessarily that he'll be able to hit multiple people with his final smash. This does bring up an issue, however.

From what I'm seeing, this final smash involves a cinematic. I'm not exactly for nor against having cinematics in fighting games, but that does have the potential of not only screwing over the person who's getting hit, but anyone who isn't mentally capable of the whole stop and go part of cinematics and could lose a combo over it or just outright die because it gave their opponent the edge he/she needed.

The plural in opponents means that Link is competing against more than one person in the Smash realm...not necessarily that he'll be able to hit multiple people with his final smash. This does bring up an issue, however.

From what I'm seeing, this final smash involves a cinematic. I'm not exactly for nor against having cinematics in fighting games, but that does have the potential of not only screwing over the person who's getting hit, but anyone who isn't mentally capable of the whole stop and go part of cinematics and could lose a combo over it or just outright die because it gave their opponent the edge he/she needed.

I don't think it will stop the flow. Too much is going on in a 4 player fighter to do that, for the reasons you described above. For a 1v1 fighter it works, but I think they're just making it dominate the camera because either

1) The camera is only set to be as wide as it needs to be and these are the only players active or

2) They hardwired it to do that to show more detail on the screenshots and trailer.

Imo it should be interruptible, but for something like Link's the interrupting blow would have to be from someone other than the guy stuck in it.

Also we don't know about the item that activates it. It could be that their next forward smash becomes a final smash. KOing them before they do one could be considered an "interrupt" perhaps.

I agree, if these super smashes do enable cut scenes throughout a fight I'll be disappointed. I want nonstop fluid action and perhaps someone else (a teammate) being able to hit the person doing the super smash on your teammate which will stop it before it does more damage. Hopefully they are showing it this way just so you can get a better look at it.

I am agianst the idea of having cutscenes in 4 player mode. In single player or 1 on 1 it wouldn't be so bad, it would actually look pretty cool. But like people said before, having a cutscene during a 4 player could screw up someone's momentum, break a combo, or cause someone to die and that would be quite irritating. I think the screens where zoomed in to show the detail of the move. I doubt it will be like that in the actual game but who knows for sure until it comes out.

Imo it should be interruptible, but for something like Link's the interrupting blow would have to be from someone other than the guy stuck in it.

Also we don't know about the item that activates it. It could be that their next forward smash becomes a final smash. KOing them before they do one could be considered an "interrupt" perhaps.

That sound's like the logical thing to do. Plus it adds a strategy to that mechanic. It will be interesting how it will be implemented.