OCR02919 - Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past 'Justice for All'

djpretzel

I liked the dynamics. The break down in the middle of the piece was beautiful. I agree with the judges that the brass and string samples sounded a bit "synthy" and a tad repetitive with the percussion; But overall a win. The style felt like a movie trailer so if that is what you're going for then you did well. Welcome to OCR and thank you for this piece. I'm looking forward to hearing more from you. :mrgreen:

-Derek

This is indeed wonderful on the arrangement side alone, and I really love the huge sound as well. This is from someone who generally dislikes "epic Hollywood orchestral" style music.

Loved the sparingly used electronic elements, plus I actually like how the sequencing feels like an electronic track (maybe not a compliment if the artist was going for a realistic feel), it makes the piece feel more relentless.

The approach fits so well it makes it seem easy, while it's obviously not. Makes me want to grab the guitar and try how the arrangement would work for a rock band. Also gets time signature bonus points from me!

One of my favorite themes from one of my favorite games, I was really impressed with this remix. The orchestral sounds are amazing, and I really like the use of 7/8 meter throughout. Key change at the end was awesome - really got me pumped!! Well done arrangement. Excellent adaptation of the theme.

Grand, tense Hollywood like take Death Mountain, now this is cool. If this was used for a Zelda movie trailer, I'd have loved it. The change at 1:38 was a nice touch and I enjoyed the less booming section near the end as play-off to the rest of the mix. You could really feel the energy in this one. Solid debut.

I had this remix on repeat at work last night. Have to say when the song "drops", it gave me chills. The good kind.

Really loving the intensity of this piece as it flows with a great tri-force. It, without a doubt, feels like a movie trailer quality track. If there is ever going to be a Legend of Zelda movie (I'm sure someone will screw that up.) this would fit it perfectly. It can even fit for an action scene.

Amazing. Simply amazing. I'm going to go listen to this on repeat some more.

Whoa.

Okay, now that I've caught my breath, I can safely say that the whole "epic" thing was achieved. I quite like how the melody was teased and hinted at through a good fourth of the song, only to come in with fists flying over and over again until the end. Definitely hearing the sequenced nature of the song, but like evktalo, I'm cool with it.

But man, what a ride!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...

Holy shit, how could I miss this epic piece? Absolutely stunning and jaw-dropping wok right here! Certainly love the dubstep-ish drops - very neat and very unexpeted. It's cool how they make you think "Ah, it's gonna be EDM now, right?" But then it instantly comes back to agressive orchestral action :D It also sounds like there're bits of some DKC2 themes thrown in (Kannon's Klaim and Lockjaw's Saga). But maybe it's just me :P Anyway, very nice job!