BadAss: Boss Themes: Volume I - History

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think some people missed the part where I said that I'd add more bosses as the project went, & artists wanted to do them. I really want SoR2's boss themes in there as well, someone just has to say they want it, & show me a wip.

i just really put the bosses off the top of my head on the list, I really hope this gets bigger & gets more obscure boss themes.

i just really put the bosses off the top of my head on the list, I really hope this gets bigger & gets more obscure boss themes.

Works for me! I guess the only thing I'd say there then is that we keep it focused on boss themes rather than the themes of certain bosses (if that makes sense).

I guess the only thing I'd say there then is that we keep it focused on boss themes rather than the themes of certain bosses (if that makes sense).

I don't know what you're talking about, but I agree completely nonetheless.

Still, I can't help but feel compelled to

boss

Maybe inspiration will strike, who knows?

I don't know what you're talking about, but I agree completely nonetheless.

If we keep our focus to specific bosses, that's inherently limiting. Rather than saying, "Oh, I like this boss character. I wonder how many times we fight him and what the music is when we do," we should say, "These are some kickass boss themes. We should totally remix them." Many of the boss themes I linked were "regular" boss themes and not associated with any particular boss. And also, it means that lesser-seen games which have awesome themes have the chance to be remixed, rather than the already famous boss themes and characters everyone knows.

That would open the project up a lot, and I think that's what the Joker wants.

Just a few suggestions:

Eternal Darkness:

Sonic Adventure 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHE4ddQmaAk&feature=related

Viewtiful Joe:

Paper Mario:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhWvs0rccAI&feature=PlayList&p=CEC67A2ED4EF7E2C&index=4

Pokémon Stadium:

Kirby Canvas Curse:

Final Fantasy VIII:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka2Ek-g8Sxk

Yoshi's Island:

Super Mario Galaxy:

House of the Dead:

Many of the boss themes I linked were "regular" boss themes and not associated with any particular boss. And also, it means that lesser-seen games which have awesome themes have the chance to be remixed, rather than the already famous boss themes and characters everyone knows.

Exactly. Like the Zelda OoT mini boss theme is not specific to anyone, but it's still a boss theme, so I'd take it.

Also, BGC, that's awesome. If you could do anything, that'd be sweet, if not, it's still cool you checked us out.

I do have a pretty groovy rendition of a Mega Man 3 Dr Wily part + the general boss tune from the same game nearly finished. It's gonna be on my upcoming album, and I don't wanna "out" it before that, but I might do a mixdown and send you a WIP. I like this idea for a project!

Seeing as everyone is tossing out suggestions/ideas, I'll toss in some for inspriation.

Paper Mario: TTYD (Doopliss)

Metroid Prime Final Battle (Prime Head)

Super Mario RPG (Fight Against An Armed Boss)

Super Paper Mario (Bleck)

KOTOR (Darth Malak)

and the Great Giant Poo.

I appreciate everyone giving suggestions, but the only way they're making it on, is if someone claims them, & shows me a good wip. Get the word out!

Oh we understand, but there's no reason not to drop them here for some possible inspirations :)

In the last incarnation of this project, everyone was throwing around boss themes. Most of them were pretty cool, the the most importnat reason is that we have remixers that are passionate about remixing a theme. So it's up to them to come up with something good

I'd just like to toss out a few more ideas/suggestions/inspiration sources/etc.:

1. There's a platformer for the SNES that was never released stateside until recently called DoReMi Fantasy: Milon's DokiDoki Adventure,

which is the sequel to Milon's Secret Castle on the NES, and it singlehandedly has one of the best soundtracks of any game on the SNES.

, example, boss fight example.

But what bothers me most extreme is that I can't find any quality example of the Boss Music I'd like you to hear. :banghead:

It's the boss of the forest world (the first world), and its the music for the Wood Robot.

2. The concept of "Vs."

Why limit each track to a single boss theme, why not meld or mix two (or more) together?

e.g. Who would win in a fight: M.Bison or Ganondorf?

What if Dr. Wily and Dr. Robotinik teamed up to make the ultimate robot of destruction?

2. The concept of "Vs."

Why limit each track to a single boss theme, why not meld or mix two (or more) together?

e.g. Who would win in a fight: M.Bison or Ganondorf?

What if Dr. Wily and Dr. Robotinik teamed up to make the ultimate robot of destruction?

Nobody says it's not allowed. If you can mix these themes together in good way, you're free to do so I think

• Liontamer changed the title to BadAss: Boss Themes: Volume I - History