BadAss: Boss Themes: Volume I - History

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting how many are eager to point out boss music that should be remixed but so few actually join the project and want to remix anything.

plenty of people have memories of boss music. plenty of people don't have musical experience.

its a pretty simple concept

Interesting how many are eager to point out boss music that should be remixed but so few actually join the project and want to remix anything.
I really want to remix on this project, but I have to graduate college first (May 17).

10charmyass

plenty of people have memories of boss music. plenty of people don't have musical experience.

its a pretty simple concept

This. Just this. I love video game music, but I don't know the first thing *about* music, let alone composition and execution. Short of actually taking a class or being taught by someone else, I don't think all the online tutorials in the world would help me out here. It's why I've not attempted to mix anything at all. XD

But for the overarching project, I think this is a really good plans. And might I say that I'm especially looking forward to seeing what Joker does with Gruntilda's theme from the Banjo series? That was one of my very favorite villain leitmotifs out there.

I'd love to join up, but I already know I won't be able to meet the desired standards for this project.

Yeah, so get those wips in!

The Coop, would you be interested in doing a coop with someone polishing up the production side? I listened to your posted ReMixes and your arrangements seem solid enough (actually, your PS4 ReMix is quite fantastic, I really appreciate the restraint in it).

I might also whip up a wip.. I'm concerned about my ability to produce something worthy too, so you're not alone. :D

--Eino

Yeah, so get those wips in!

The Coop, would you be interested in doing a coop with someone polishing up the production side? I listened to your posted ReMixes and your arrangements seem solid enough (actually, your PS4 ReMix is quite fantastic, I really appreciate the restraint in it).

I might also whip up a wip.. I'm concerned about my ability to produce something worthy too, so you're not alone. :D

--Eino

Thanks for the comment on Wounds of the Past.

Regarding a co-op, as much as it makes me sound like a control freak, I prefer to work on my remixes myself. I'm all for feedback and everything, but when it comes to actually working on them, I keep it "in house" as it were (for better or for worse). I do appreciate the offer though.

If you're interested, I have an updated version of Bio Tech (v3, less reverb-laden and distant, a bit louder, a few other tweaks), as well as some other, newer remixes on my site (click my sig). I intend to put up similarly tweaked versions of "Wounds" and "Fallen's" as well at some point in the not too distant future.

Regarding a co-op, as much as it makes me sound like a control freak, I prefer to work on my remixes myself. I'm all for feedback and everything, but when it comes to actually working on them, I keep it "in house" as it were (for better or for worse). I do appreciate the offer though.

Yeah, I can understand that. Personally the best experiences in making music have been collaborations, but I can definitely relate, there is sometimes a feeling of loss of control or it just doesn't gel.

If you're interested, I have an updated version of Bio Tech (v3, less reverb-laden and distant, a bit louder, a few other tweaks), as well as some other, newer remixes on my site (click my sig). I intend to put up similarly tweaked versions of "Wounds" and "Fallen's" as well at some point in the not too distant future.

Thanks, I'll check them out. Bio Tech, playing now, sounds pretty nice, definitely an improvement over the earlier version.

cheers!

--Eino

Also, if, like the coop & evktalo, you wanna remix for this project & think you might not be up to the task, send a wip anyway. The idea & the arrangement might be awesome enough that we can find a way to boost the production value as time goes by.

Like I said, there is jo list. Those bosses are just off the top of my head. I'd really like for artists to have the flexibility in this project to remix a boss song of their choosing, from any game, as long as it's a boss fight. Like, say, if they ever wanted to remix that mini boss theme from SMB3, they could do it. It's not on the list, but it's a boss theme, so it's good.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I know things have been quiet round these parts. Not much to report. I basically knew I was just setting a foundation, & I'm hoping it kicks up during the summer months.

Now on to new business. I think I've settled on a name, but I'm not sure. I'd like the opinion of the other artists on this project, so, yeah, both those with wips, & those undecided, head to http://kngi.org/forum, & read the thread. Then, gimme your opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

So, as you can tell from the first post, we've got an official name! And it kicks all sort of Buttocks! Also, it's BadAss, because that's what this project is.

Also, We've got another addition to the casuse, Children of the Monkey Machine has joined, but is still decideding on a track. Also, summer is pretty much here, so, it's time to gear up for ass kickery. So keep your eyes open, & if you feel like joining the cause (of awesome badassness) then send a pm, & we'll discuss that mug.

There have also been some developments over at the forums. Head on over & read the battle plans. It's time to launch the attack, and it will be gloriously BadAss!

Please someone do a rendition of "Illusionary Dance" from Castlevania. It actually became associated with Dracula for more than one or two games, which I loved because it's a great tune to begin with and because I think there's so much power in "Boss Themes" with games.

Allright! Time to support this joint!

June being Boss month, it will be a pretty auspicious time for making some more kick-ass boss remixes.

In the meantime, I made a provisory banner for anyone interested in supporting/advertising for the project.

The Joker approved the art so here we go:

bdsprojban03.png

Don't forget to link it to the 'Badass' thread too! ;-)

Please someone do a rendition of "Illusionary Dance" from Castlevania.It actually became associated with Dracula for more than one or two games, which I loved because it's a great tune to begin with and because I think there's so much power in "Boss Themes" with games.

Hell yeah.

I also want to claim MetaKnight before anyone else.

• Liontamer changed the title to BadAss: Boss Themes: Volume I - History