OCR03263 - Super Mario 3D World "Caravan Bowser"

Liontamer

Electro-Swing! Electro-Swing! Electro-Swing! That opening...I can't help but see the needle drop on one of those old wind up gramophone record players, it just sounds so much like it's spinning, as matter of fact I feel like I'm spinning while I listen to this track and that guitar is the channeled spirit of Django Reinhardt, everything that is old is emulated perfectly and everything that is new is on point! I enjoyed dropping in on Felxstyle's twitch sessions when he was mixing this and I've been waiting for this one....must...resist....urge to...Charleston....

• 3 weeks later...

I would love to play this in a club just to see the reactions. Excellent job fitting sax into a dance mix so prominently. I love whatever happened at 1:18. Great clarinet work with the title theme, don't even need to look at the remixer roster to know who it is. Stellar mix, colorful as hell.

The hell is this style haha. I love it though, perfect mix of Flex and XPRT's styles, with Flexstyle's electronic chops and XPRT's quirky creativeness. If I had to critique anything, I felt the guitar playing could've been more "stylish", like using slides for the chromatic licks or stuff like that. It sounded a bit boring for such a fun mix, ignoring the crazy bumblebee-esque thing at 1:17. Sax playing was, as always, spot on.

This is awesome and I hope we get a blues/jazz/whatever remix of this source next haha.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR03263 - Super Mario 3D World "Caravan Bowser"
  • 1 month later...

Oooooh, yes this is so jazzy and funky, I love it! A good ol' electro-swing beat with some powerful underlying blasts full of energy, god it's really hard not to dance to this ReMix. You almost HAVE to at the very least tap your toes or nod your head to this. If you don't feel like The Mask in the club listening to this, then somebody must have stopped ya! Great mix, fellas.

• 5 months later...