Final Fantasy VIII: Collision Course - History

Brandon Strader

Whooooaaaa this is super exciting! I've been waiting for an FF8 album to come out of OCR for a while now. Brandon, you're constantly doing new album projects. What a bad ass.

I know I haven't had anything posted to the main OCR page yet. Hopefully that will change with my next DoD entry which is sounding way better than the other stuff I've done so far. But I'm doing a track for the FF3 album (I just got back from traveling for work this week too so I've been working on an arrangement that I hope will kick ass).

Would it be possible for me to claim The Landing? I've actually kind of been working on an arrangement of that for a couple of months now but haven't had a reason to move forward with it yet. Again, I'm totally find with submitting my stems for mixing/mastering. Not sure I'd be able to throw a solid audition of this particular arrangement down before MAGFest though. For the next two weeks I want to focus on the track I'm doing for FF3 and my MAGFest DoD entry. But I'd be honored to take on a track for this album.

I'm also up for laying down some guitars for anyone else's remix or collaborating in general.

31 minutes ago, Chernabogue said:

Alright, put me down for "Balamb Garden". Expect some soft rock featuring Tuberz and Furilas ^^

Ok, it's a pretty iconic track! Maybe you and Tuberz could collab on the arrangement too? I'll mark you guys down for it! Interested to hear how you 3 would handle it!

19 minutes ago, Sagnewshreds said:

Whooooaaaa this is super exciting! I've been waiting for an FF8 album to come out of OCR for a while now. Brandon, you're constantly doing new album projects. What a bad ass.

I know I haven't had anything posted to the main OCR page yet. Hopefully that will change with my next DoD entry which is sounding way better than the other stuff I've done so far. But I'm doing a track for the FF3 album (I just got back from traveling for work this week too so I've been working on an arrangement that I hope will kick ass).

Would it be possible for me to claim The Landing? I've actually kind of been working on an arrangement of that for a couple of months now but haven't had a reason to move forward with it yet. Again, I'm totally find with submitting my stems for mixing/mastering. Not sure I'd be able to throw a solid audition of this particular arrangement down before MAGFest though. For the next two weeks I want to focus on the track I'm doing for FF3 and my MAGFest DoD entry. But I'd be honored to take on a track for this album.

I'm also up for laying down some guitars for anyone else's remix or collaborating in general.

Thank you very much. Yes you can grab The Landing! Prioritize FF3 though. :P And I'd love to mix and master your stems, that'd be hot. 

Dunno if people are skimming the first half and claiming and neglecting the second half list, but there's KICKARSE stuff in the second half... 

I will admit 1 thing though the 2nd half for sure has a lot more sources I'd refer to as "brutal", but it has a couple really awesome atmospheric/avant-garde potential in "Silence and Motion", "Compression of Time", "Trust Me"... I personally have a lot of interest in the 2nd half, but I think djp claimed the only really uplifting source -- outside of Ride On, the airship theme. 

Just now, Tuberz McGee said:

Bro. I am so down for Don't Be Afraid. 
Drop A riffage up in this motherload. I've been jamming on ideas all day. I'll shoot you a WIP as soon as I get the time, but I have so many cool groovy 5/4 riffs to lay down on you. <3 xoxo

YESS You owe me Many-A-Thing, Many-A Very-Secret-Unmentionable! Thank you! :) I will mark you down!

I've added on all the claims, thank you all! I also ran out of Likes so I can't like posts anymore. :( 

I was hoping for something huge for Liberi Fatali, but not sure how that would be accomplished... I don't think bustatunez would do it :lol: But good luck to everyone who just claimed stuff. A lot of difficult and important themes!

5 hours ago, Amphibious said:

Well friggin' jeez all the good ones got claimed overnight!

Hey throw me down for "Maybe I'm a Lion"...

Something is very wrong with this post, here...

5 hours ago, Brandon Strader said:

I've added on all the claims, thank you all! I also ran out of Likes so I can't like posts anymore. :( 

I was hoping for something huge for Liberi Fatali, but not sure how that would be accomplished... I don't think bustatunez would do it :lol: But good luck to everyone who just claimed stuff. A lot of difficult and important themes!

Y'know, Liberi Fatali is a very crucial track for the album. I think making it into a super collab centerpiece for the album would be a very good idea (something like Black Metamorphosis for the FFVII album years back). I may regret it later, but I'd be super on board with helping on a collaboration of that nature for that track, Heaven permitting.

1 hour ago, Gario said:

Something is very wrong with this post, here...

Y'know, Liberi Fatali is a very crucial track for the album. I think making it into a super collab centerpiece for the album would be a very good idea (something like Black Metamorphosis for the FFVII album years back). I may regret it later, but I'd be super on board with helping on a collaboration of that nature for that track, Heaven permitting.

Hell yeah! If you need anything else than an instrument or vocalist, I'm happy to sign on :)

15 hours ago, Ivan Hakštok said:

Force Your Way is mine.

I actually had a WIP for it since I started working on it ages ago, but it's not up to my current standards so I'll be doing it from scratch.

Ok, I wrote a quick post this morning because I needed to go to work, here's a longer post:

A good remix of Force Your Way doesn't exist...yet. The Black Mages version is awful, and the Dissidia Duodecim version doesn't utilize the good points of the theme. There are a few decent ones on Youtube by random people. But none of them is creative enough. The theme has a few awesome elements that are under-utilized even in the actual theme, and that's one of the reasons I don't like Nobuo's compositions and why I rarely remix FF. But I'll make an exception this time because FF8 is the most fun FF game next to FF12 (and FFX-2 if you count spinoffs).

What I had in mind will probably require a massive collab. I'll post the exact details once I'm done with a midi arrangement. Force Your Way is by far the best boss theme in the whole FF series (even though, like I said, Nobuo fucked it up), and it deserves treatment as such.

Get ready.

Hell yes! I already have some rad ideas for The Landing that I'm going to work on once I get this FF3 track farther along. 

3 hours ago, Ivan Hakštok said:

FF8 is the most fun FF game next to FF12 (and FFX-2 if you count spinoffs).

What I had in mind will probably require a massive collab. I'll post the exact details once I'm done with a midi arrangement. Force Your Way is by far the best boss theme in the whole FF series (even though, like I said, Nobuo fucked it up), and it deserves treatment as such.

Get ready.

Well we have very different opinions on Final Fantasy games :P

But in all seriousness I'm psyched that you took Force Your Way. I can see you doing a pretty kick ass remix of that tune. Also depending on what kind of stuff you need, I'd love to be a small part of that massive collab you're talking about (like doing some guitar or bass or something).

• Liontamer changed the title to Final Fantasy VIII: Collision Course - History
  • djpretzel pinned this topic
  • Liontamer unpinned this topic
  • djpretzel locked this topic