The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

CE

Hmmm, I was thinking about the various cut scenes, and I remember something peculiar about Zant's telling of how he gained his powers. In his flashback, Ganondorf is seen telling Zant that he (Ganondorf) will house his power in Zant. Ganondorf appears as a bodyless entity, a sort of "evil essence" just floating about. In other words, Zant becomes a vessel for Ganondorf.

Now, throughout the game, Zant is very cold and calculating, even his manner of walking exudes an evil that is very self-assured and unintimidated by anything. His character is more akin to the Ganondorf we know. However, in his flashback, Zant is more of an insecure and even childish figure (stomping and hitting the floor for not getting his way, etc). In fact, even the last part of the fight with Zant, when he wields his two swords, Zant comes across as rather clownish and foolish, attributes that clash with the Zant that has been shown in all cut scenes prior to Link's arrival to Zant's castle in the Twilit Realm.

This leads me to believe that Zant wasn't merely given powers, but that he was actually possessed, to a degree, by Ganondorf (hence the "I will house my power in you" remark). I say "to a degree" because there seems to have been some shared consciousness of a sort, not a total possession, but more of two souls coexisting in one body, with Ganondorf's having more influence, obviously, but Zant's not being dormant at all (hence the "your ambitions will be my ambitions" bit in the flashback).

If this is true, then, at least to me, I get more sense when, right before the fight with Zant, Zant tells Link and Midna that they are too late because his god (Ganondorf) has already descended from the sky down to Hyrule (which implies that he took human form).

Does this then explain Zelda's possession? Except in this case, it wasn't a shared consciousness, but a total posession. Now, the only reason Ganondorf managed to do this was because Zelda had passed her life on to Midna in order to save her. Zelda's body was of no use anymore, and Ganondorf took hold of this empty vessel (Can it be said then that Midna served as a vessel for a dormant Zelda?).

During the fight with "puppet Zelda," Ganondorf is released, but by this time he has already gained enough power to materialize himself again (perhaps a stretch, but maybe the temporary possession of Zelda's body allowed him to access and channel Zelda's triforce power along with his own, and thus gain enough power to bring his true self back).

What do you guys think of this?

While I enjoyed Majora's Mask, my main issue is the boss fights being easy. Yeah, maybe they were in TP, but you know what? They were FUN. Seriously. I think that's more important than their difficulty.

Goht (MM) and Stallord (TP) are probably the most fun boss battles in Zelda history. Personally, I saw a lot of Majora's Mask in Twilight Princess, and they're two of my favorite Zelda titles.

I understand the concept of trading-in, but I was just curious as to why they were calling me asking about it. I really don't buy many games from them so it could just be I haven't encountered this yet.... I assumed it was some special thing, but if this is an ordinary occurance then disregard this message ^_~

I think that her spirit was transferred to midna. Without a spirit the body couldn't project into the twilight like the other spirits did. At first I thought she gave her triforce to midna or something and it took away her protection from the twilight and they just didn't let you sense her. But thats not the case either cause Ganon will use her triforce when he possesses her. So anyways she just wasn't visible anymore cause her spirit was gone.

• 2 weeks later...

So I found out something funny while fighting ganondorf at the end.

I was messing around with items, and I found out that casting the fishing rod in ganondorfs face makes him look at the lure (assuming its close enough to him), which allows you some free hits on him. I don't know if this was already posted or not, but I just thought Id share.

So I found out something funny while fighting ganondorf at the end.

I was messing around with items, and I found out that casting the fishing rod in ganondorfs face makes him look at the lure (assuming its close enough to him), which allows you some free hits on him. I don't know if this was already posted or not, but I just thought Id share.

Which fight is this at the end?

I recently started a new game, I'm taking my time on the game, trying to find everything before I get to the end.

Just bought some Component Cabels (the official Nintendo cables), and I can see quite a difference in the quality, though not a drastic difference. I highly recomend that if you can afford Component Cables and see them, BUY THEM!!

Just bought some Component Cabels (the official Nintendo cables), and I can see quite a difference in the quality, though not a drastic difference. I highly recomend that if you can afford Component Cables and see them, BUY THEM!!

Agreed. While it's not 760p or anything of that nature, it still looks a lot better than with regular RCA cables.

**POSSIBLY SPOILER**

On a slightly different note, has anyone in here been a victim of the canon room glitch?

**END SPOILER**

I've been meaning to get some component cables, but the big-ass TV downstairs is a bad place for monopolizing. I'll wait 'til I get my own HD TV.

Never got trapped by the cannon glitch, because there were a lot of people who sped through at about twice the speed I was going, even though I got my copy on launch day.

I'll probably play through a second time. TP lacks a gimmick collectors sidequest, aside from the Poes, though. The pictographs in WW at least gave me some much-needed eye candy. I dunno, I guess after all the time I've spent playing OoT and MM I just like the idea of fighting a bajillion Skulltulas instead of a hundred Poes or whatever. Personal choice.

Gotta admit, WW's character interaction was the most "natural-feeling" we've seen yet in a Zelda game, considering the sheer number of characters, tasks and secrets on Windfall and Outset alone. And then there was the trading sidequest with the Gorons, which I was sad had no counterpart in TP. But of course, it was the main point in MM, and MM still in my mind is the most astounding Zelda game ever. Just... so jam packed with content, but too short, really. Honestly, most Zelda games end up being A+ titles so I guess it becomes pointless to debate quantitative quality.

Ball & Chain > all, though.

One thing that just completely disappointed me, was that there's no secret bomb a hole in a wall to go on, type deals. nothing. anywhere. They give you all these bombs, but nothing worth doing with them. And no reason to go back and explore dungeons you've already cleared.

At least in OoT, there were skulltulas that were hidden away behind bombable walls. And you always had -some- way of locating them. The poes? By day, nothing. Not even a trace. Link should be able to sniff the poes out, or something, but he can't.

One thing that just completely disappointed me, was that there's no secret bomb a hole in a wall to go on, type deals. nothing. anywhere. They give you all these bombs, but nothing worth doing with them. And no reason to go back and explore dungeons you've already cleared.

What about pieces of heart you may have missed? Granted, you can get them on your first trip, but they're certainly missable.

What about pieces of heart you may have missed? Granted, you can get them on your first trip, but they're certainly missable.

I think I missed.. 2 heart pieces, located in dungeons. And one was in the temple of time. There's just not a lot of backtracking through dungeons for any collectables. They give you all these damn chests, but they're all just full of useless rupees. I could have bought the magic armor at the original price, if it was even possible in the game.