The Newbie Introduction Thread: Come on in and say hello!

Mahaboo

Hullo! :3

*switches on Fallout option: "verbose"*

I wasn't planning to introduce myself, but I after a while I had to do it - it-it's just so impolite not to! n.n

Not much to know about me... will talk a lot sometimes... and smother people with excessive smilies and exclamation marks :D yeh! though I try to stagger 'em - really! ;)

No musical talent or ambitions (ha! too much else to learn!) for me. I've been listening to OCRs for 3 years now and only quite recently realised I could gush over my favourites (!) by signing up. That's all I plan to do with this account. As for "Fun"? Well, normally I go by Skunk, but this other name may give a better impression to forumgoers. *-) *shrugs* We'll see how long it lasts. :)

My favourite remixes? The list keeps getting bigger and bigger! For some odd reason, these past few years I've become open to more genres. Sheesh, I didn't even listen to English vocals before coming here. And now? I listen to maybe 4-5 English songs XD It's great! :3

^w^ *gratuitous smiley*

EDIT - and I am not looking forward to being a "Dan Hibiki" X3 I'm a Makoto girl all the way! :P Ken is cute, though. ^_^

Greetings “Fun”,

Welcome to OC Remix. I see that like me you have known about the site for some time now. It’s great to see more and more people becoming members, commenting and letting the remixes’ know how much we enjoy their work.

See you around!

hello all, been a fan of ocremix for a long time but just now registered. started producing in fruityloops when FL4 was the newest version, whole reason i started producing was to remake music from a certain game on the n64. many years later i'm finally getting around to it lol. figured id post here get my post count up a little bit. i look forward to posting some of my work here, maybe get some tips.

hello all, been a fan of ocremix for a long time but just now registered. started producing in fruityloops when FL4 was the newest version, whole reason i started producing was to remake music from a certain game on the n64. many years later i'm finally getting around to it lol. figured id post here get my post count up a little bit. i look forward to posting some of my work here, maybe get some tips.

Welcome!

Whenever you're willing to share your works, in whatever stage of completion they are in, don't forget to take a visit to the Workshop forums!

be seeing you around!

Anorax

Welcome!

Whenever you're willing to share your works, in whatever stage of completion they are in, don't forget to take a visit to the Workshop forums!

be seeing you around!

Anorax

oh ya i posted a thread with a WIP in it if people wana check it out i want to collab with somebody at some point on some n64 choonage. the only DAW i know how to use is fruityloops.

http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=41007

Hi Zanquino :3 Nice to meet you!

I think I'll be Skunk before long, but should stay put after that. 8)

I agree: it's nice to finally sign up and give positive feedback to the site and all the remixers who thanklessly make awesome and free music. I'm not sure about you, but initially I just went to my favourite games... however, once I started checking out games I hadn't played or even hard of, I saw how few comments there were (even in popular games, some of the remixes have few comments). That must change! ^-^ Shiny mixes should be given more and more shiny stars! :3

Super Mario RPG? Yay! :D My favourite soundtrack and game is Secret of Mana. ^_^

You are absolutely right. At the beginning I only visited OCR and enjoyed remixes of my favorite games. Then I started to listen to the remix albums and I was amazed at how organized and professional the releases and content was.

I agree with you, it is a great thing to give positive feedback and let the artist know (with words not just downloads) how much we enjoy their work and how thankful we are that the share it with the world!

Regarding Secret of Mana I have not had the chance to play it **shame on me** lol. It is definitely on my to do list!

See you around Fun, have a great week!

Hey everyone, I'm Linkandzelda and I decided to join this forum. I'm not that good at introduction posts so, I guess I'll start with what kinds of things I do and why I joined.

In my spare time I enjoy ROM Hacking and creating various different Pokémon games. I currently have 5 projects in the works and they are as follows: Liquid Crystal, Emerald Dreams, Metallic Fusion, Yellow Advance and Platinum Origins. If you guys like, you can google those for more information since I don't want to overstay my welcome by making a post full of links lol.

As well as that, I also have websites I run. I have a Pokémon forum, a news site and a web hosting business. Either way, just other things I like to do in my spare time. If you wanna check them out, my homepage tells everything.

Now why I decided to join here at OCRemix, is because I also enjoy making music, specifically Video Game Guitar Covers. I started over 2 years ago with recording for an album I named First Step Back. Since then I've done 22/23 of the tracks I planned to make and have learnt a whole lot about equipment and home studio recording. I'm mainly here because I would like to get some feedback from some real professionals around the site as to what's good, bad and needs work. I've already spoke to a few guys on the IRC and they say the music is good but needs some work. I know my stuff needs work but I've reached my limits of what I can do without learning new stuff and delving into new topics like Mixing and Mastering. I mostly use Garageband to record my tracks and then use Logic Pro to spice them up a bit.

Well, that's it for me and why I'm here. I hope to see everyone around as I get to know the place better!

~Link

Howdy I'm Ciredn pleasure to meet you all!

Well now I think this is the first time I've ever posted on a forum. (Huge lurker here). But anyways I've been coming to this site for many years. I think at least seven years... And have enjoyed quite a few remixes from the talented artists here.

I've just started learning to make music and thought I should come here to learn how it all works. I haven't remixed anything yet. Have a few things in mind though. Just been trying to wrap my head around the DAW im using. Though my biggest foe would have to be synths. I'm absolutely horrid with them.

Anyways time to jump into the fray! Allons-y!

Howdy Ciredn and... Linkandzelda?:lol: Surprising that you're remixing pokemon instead of zelda ;-)

So you're both into remixing, eh? Try the workshop system as the first step to being and OCR artist one day! We also have competitions like "Remixing with the stars", in which unposted mixers get a posted artist to help them out with things they're having issues with.

Anyhow, welcome and enjoy your stay.

• 3 weeks later...

This appears to be correct place for new people to post. I am new. I am still catching up on the forum rules, so I'm going to try my best to lurk and get a feel for things before making a complete ass out of myself, but no promises.

I'm joining because I finally feel steady enough in my skills to start working on a particular arrangement I've had in my head for years. Hopefully until I've decided whether to post my (really, really shitty) test/concept recording to start getting advice from there or not I'll use good etiquette and start paying attention to what's going on with various peoples' mixes and such.

...I got up at two in the morning this morning, so if this reads as extremely dumb pretend that's why?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys!

I'm Ingen. Two years ago I discovered glorious bush raves and my life was radically changed as I became impassioned by electronic music culture. I'm 20 years old now and I've been learning to produce on Ableton Live for almost a year and discovered OCRemix through one of Zircon's amazingly helpful Zebra2 tutorials! Being an avid gamer, this community seems to perfectly fit my groove!

I think it's absolutely fantastic that you guys exist and provide such a constant stream of quality music and discussion. After working as a paralegal-graphic designer-web designer/admin in an office for 3 years I've come to realize that the 9-5 desklife is not for me... music is what I want to do, and I aspire to be a sound designer/producer, and have been slowly teaching myself in my spare time... the learning never ends, and the feels are amazing.

Here's some general stuff about me, for kicks:

Favourite Games:

Day of the Tentacle

Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon

Majora's Mask

Half-Life 2

Pokemon Blue

Final Fantasy X

Mass Effect

Battlefield 2

Kingdom Hearts

Favourite Music Genres (though I'm open to anything):

Psytrance

Ambient

Minimal

Classical

IDM

Stuff I'm Into:

the Universe

SPEHS (a little bit Metroid-esque, no?)

Nature

Goodfeels

Animals

Film

Vidya

Art

Meditation

Exercise

Dancing

I've stalked OCR for more than a year now and decided only recently to join. I'm not a remixer or anything but a lover and admirer to music and those who play it. I can play piano and drums but nothing as great as what I hear on here, haha.

I'm more of a thinker - an ideas man! So don't be surprised if I put up some project ideas. :D

Hello and thanks for having me. :)

Hey all, my name is One-Winged Angle. Probably like a lot of you, I have been lurking here for a while. I've downloaded Remixes for about a year and a half, but only recently have come to the conclusion that I would like to get more involved with one of my favorite websites than just passively taking! Hopefully there are some ways I can give back to OCR, because I listen to OCR remixes a lot :P It's my "homework music."

At some point in the near future, I'd also like to get into remixing, but I really don't have any kind of musical background other than choir - I can barely read music. So, that looks to be a ways off. But maybe someday I'll be good enough to submit some stuff to OCR. In the meantime, however, I can definitely tell people when I think their stuff is good!

Can't wait to meet everybody and get to know all of you!

Hey all, my name is One-Winged Angle. Probably like a lot of you, I have been lurking here for a while. I've downloaded Remixes for about a year and a half, but only recently have come to the conclusion that I would like to get more involved with one of my favorite websites than just passively taking! Hopefully there are some ways I can give back to OCR, because I listen to OCR remixes a lot :P It's my "homework music."

At some point in the near future, I'd also like to get into remixing, but I really don't have any kind of musical background other than choir - I can barely read music. So, that looks to be a ways off. But maybe someday I'll be good enough to submit some stuff to OCR. In the meantime, however, I can definitely tell people when I think their stuff is good!

Can't wait to meet everybody and get to know all of you!

People always need vocalists - you might check into the majora's mask vocal project in the recruit and collaborate forum, or just hang around and see where you can help.

Also, I dig the screen name. Welcome to OCR :)!!

Hello, I've been a long time gamer and admirer of the remixes and remixers emerging from this community.

I would consider myself an amateur when it comes to production but I'll divulge some details. I use FL Studio though I'm interested in incorporating or switching to Reaper in the future, and style-wise I gravitate towards dance, breakbeat and new age (ironically contrary to my nametag, haha.)

As I fail to have any attainable ideas of my own at the moment, I suppose I'll be browsing through the requests board and making note of applicable tips in feedback to start with.

Hello, I've been a long time gamer and admirer of the remixes and remixers emerging from this community.

I would consider myself an amateur when it comes to production but I'll divulge some details. I use FL Studio though I'm interested in incorporating or switching to Reaper in the future, and style-wise I gravitate towards dance, breakbeat and new age (ironically contrary to my nametag, haha.)

As I fail to have any attainable ideas of my own at the moment, I suppose I'll be browsing through the requests board and making note of applicable tips in feedback to start with.

Hi Turbo. Please have a good stay. Make yourself at home!

1 question tho. Why change FL studio for Reaper?

Hi Turbo. Please have a good stay. Make yourself at home!

1 question tho. Why change FL studio for Reaper?

Thank you :)

The routing seems more malleable, but I wouldn't be surprised if I overlooked some functionality in FL which diminishes the differences. It might be something trivial in the long run, but I'm somewhat meticulous.

Hello all. I've been a fan of OCRemix's work for a long time, and as a result I was inspired to follow in the footsteps of fellow remixers/composers. Music is a serious passion; I have a music background (bassist over 10 years, and vocalist over 5) and I also love video games. A goal of mine is to compose music for games one day, and my first step towards that goal is joining this community for advice and guidance. Some of my favorite composers are Nobuo Uematsu, Yasunori Mitsuda, Yoko Kanno, Yuki Kaijura and Koji Kondo.

my favorite composers are Nobuo Uematsu, Yasunori Mitsuda, Yoko Kanno, Yuki Kaijura and Koji Kondo.

Those are some great choices for favorites you've got there - most are mine, too. :-D Welcome to the community - I hope you find the community a big help on your road to becoming a composer.

(Also, as a side note, if you're looking to start contributing musically right away, I know there's several projects looking for extra vocalists. ;-) )

Long time fan of the music here, ever since I found out about relics of the chozo. Figured since I've graduated from school and might finally have some free time on my hands I'd try and contribute something to the site.

I mainly play guitar (acoustic, electric, bass; all sorts of styles) and sing (baritone/tenor range), but I also dabble in electronic stuff (mostly to add "atmosphere" to guitar-driven music).

My favorite video game music is mostly from the SNES/n64 era (a.k.a my childhood), especially:

zelda (lttp,oot)

donkey kong (country/64)

super metroid

final fantasy(2,3 or 4,6 depending on your perspective)

chrono trigger

mega man x,x2,x3

earthbound (hence the name :mrgreen:)

actraiser

but I enjoy arranging all types of stuff for guitar/vox so even if I've never heard the music before I'd like to help (who knows, I might discover a new game I've missed out on)