Photo

New zircon album: Unearthed (ft. Jillian Aversa, Jeff Ball, BGC & Skrypnyk) #2 on Bandcamp!

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 zircon

zircon

Balance and Ruin Director, Voices of the Lifestream Director

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,973 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:38 PM

Unearthed - new zircon album!

Hey everyone! I'm very excited to announce the release of my latest album "Unearthed", available now at Bandcamp! This is a compilation of 14 tracks I've written over the last five years, all never-before-released on an album. From dance and vocal trance ("Just Hold On", "Shadows", both feat. Jillian Aversa) to heavy breaks and dubstep ("Devil's Spirit", "Firewall") and chill atmospheric cuts ("Over Easy", "Cubic Movement"), there is something for everyone on this disc.

Buy now for $5.99!

Posted Image

Also included on the album are previously unreleased remixes by Big Giant Circles and Skrypnyk of my songs "Mindbender" and "Warhead" (respectively), two excellent tracks that definitely deserve to be heard. There's also a new mix of "Star Trails" featuring the violin talents of Jeff Ball.

"Unearthed" is available at Bandcamp as lossless FLAC digital for $5.99+, or you can preorder a physical copy for $8.99+ship. Physicals will ship in 1-2 weeks, and in the meantime you'll receive a digital copy as well.

Thank you to everyone in the OCR community, and the site itself, for helping to build me up as an artist, both in terms of my production skills and fan base. I really appreciate your support and hope you'll enjoy this album! :D
Original albums, tutorials, videos, free music at zirconMusic

Kontakt samples for composers & remixers: Impact Soundworks

My music gear recommendations for $99 or less!

twitter | facebook | youtube

#2 BlackPanther

BlackPanther

Kirby (+1500)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,579 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:43 PM

You got a lot of music I can listen to to chill and read a book to. I will be buying this when I get the dough!

"We are not wise enough yet, nor are we civilized. As long as there's prisons, police, armies, navies, we are not civilized. When the world joins together, and agrees to use the Earth intelligently...That'll be the beginning of the civilized age" - Jacque Fresco

#3 Sam Ascher-Weiss

Sam Ascher-Weiss

Robo (+700)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 704 posts
  • LocationNew York, N.Y.

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:48 PM

This is really cool

#4 SuperiorX

SuperiorX

Temporal Duality Director

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,271 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:55 PM

Listened to the first couple tracks streaming so far. Sounds really good. I plan on purchasing this soon! Your tracks with Jillian are always my favorite, the two here are great too. Nice job!

#5 Benjamin Briggs

Benjamin Briggs

M. Bison (+7000)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7,434 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Florida, United States

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:39 AM

oh hell yes. didn't even know this was coming, but somehow it feels like I've been looking forward to it :D

#6 Sappharad

Sappharad

Chocobo (+20)

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:27 AM

I think it's a bit misleading to say that the "previously unreleased" tracks were unreleased. I've had them for over 4 years, you posted them along with the rest of the entries to the Antigravity remix contest you had back then.

That hasn't stopped me from purchasing it, of course. Thanks for finally releasing another album.

#7 zircon

zircon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,973 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:38 AM

Thanks for the kind words all!

Sappharad: OK, fair enough; but relatively speaking, maybe 0.1% (or fewer) of my fans were aware of that contest and participated, so the number of people who knew about and downloaded the remixes is fairly low - plus they weren't lossless, like they are on this release. I suppose previously unreleased properly would be more accurate :<

#8 Gollgagh

Gollgagh

Mega Man (+15000)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,540 posts
  • LocationJust hanging around, y'know, like a dingleberry.

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:03 AM

totally buying a coaster
Posted Image

#9 GravitySuitCollector

GravitySuitCollector

Goemon (+300)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 332 posts
  • LocationAlbany, OR

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:17 AM

:shock:

totally buying a coaster

:-D I can't wait to keep my table watermark free.
Nothing here for now.

#10 OutSpoken

OutSpoken

Goomba (+100)

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington, USA

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:37 AM

Thank you! I was worried this was going to get released just after I had left for my trip. This'll definitely get a ton of plays while I'm on the road. I love your prices as well; that's insanely cheap (in my book) when it comes to preordering a physical album.

As if I wasn't excited enough for your latest releases. I cannot wait for your next album. I'll be spreading the word about this whatever way I can.

#11 zircon

zircon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,973 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:41 PM

Album is now #2 on Bandcamp.com! Pretty cool, so thank you for all the support :D

Also, the album is on iTunes:

http://itunes.apple....hed/id516739283

However there was an error and tracks 10 and 11 are duplicates. This should be corrected soon but in the meantime I can send you the correct version if you purchase on iTunes.

#12 Calum

Calum

Little Mac (+550)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 550 posts
  • LocationBrighton

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:04 PM

Always an inspiration in your success! What i've heard of the album (on soundcloud) so far has been greet. Good job Zircon.

#13 linkspast

linkspast

Strider Hiryu (+2100)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,121 posts
  • LocationSalem Or

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:18 PM

Between Bandcamp and iTunes which supports you more.. I dont care which one I buy it from so I figured If one gets you more money or whatever ill get it from there. Just wondering.
and does it profit you less if I get a physical copy?
Posted Image
A man lasts a generation. However his name lasts forever

#14 zircon

zircon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,973 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:56 PM

Bandcamp is better for me at the moment - plus you can tip, if you so desire :-) As for physical vs. digital, I don't make any extra on physicals due to cost of printing + shipping, so whatever works for you!

#15 Doulifée

Doulifée

Competitions Moderator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9,774 posts
  • LocationRazgriz Straits, North Anea.

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:18 PM

i bought a physical copy (so i can add it near anti-G and impulse)

the payment+ shipping cost was a bit confusing so i hope everything is ok.

#16 RoeTaKa

RoeTaKa

Wario (+4000)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,211 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:34 AM

Listened to some of this the other day, been checking out the rest. I was really diggin' Devil's Spirit love the groove's and motifs in that. Above the city has a great mood too with classic zircon snyths. Very enjoyable album.

#17 WillRock

WillRock

Judge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,449 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:14 PM

Yep I can dig. Guys this album is awesome and well worth your money... and mine :D

#18 Chernabogue

Chernabogue

Legacy Co-Director

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,164 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:22 PM

zirc, you're a genious! :)

#19 RedFusion

RedFusion

Alex Kidd (+200)

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:51 AM

Hooray!

Just one night after being amazed by watching Jillian perform live in front of a crowd of 5,500 odd people down here in Melbourne, with the MSO, I'm so pleased to find a zircon album here for my listening pleasure. :D

Been a while since I've visited this site but I'm glad I came back now.

PS: SO proud of you Jillian, if you're reading this. It was AMAZING seeing you live. I hope you get to perform in front of many more people, the world needs to hear more of you.

PPS: +1 for bandcamp. I hate itunes.
Posted Image
RedFusion <<

#20 StreetFlare

StreetFlare

Goomba (+100)

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:47 PM

Hooray!

Just one night after being amazed by watching Jillian perform live in front of a crowd of 5,500 odd people down here in Melbourne, with the MSO

Wait.... Jillian's down HERE? Melbourne, Australia??? And I haven't heard about this??? Damn, wonder if she'll be anywhere near Supernova...?
There are three types of dubstep - the type that offends the producer, the type that offends the listener, and the type that offends everybody. Guess what that last one was?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

games | mixes | artists | albums