OCR01467 - F-Zero "Voices Broken"

djpretzel

Reminds me of some of the Pixies instrumental tracks. I like this a lot - not something I would ever expect from JJT, though.

I'm a big alt rock/garage fan, so I dig this. I'd like to see more of this style from JJT; he has a great grasp of the sound/style. Maybe some (more) vocal collabs with Vig? ;)

Sounds like Sonic Youth if they traded in Steve Shelley for Matt Tong (Bloc Party's drummer). The guitar sounds almost shoegazer-ish. Maybe the drum levels could've been balanced better. Doesn't bother me though. Great mix!

I was actually trying to model the drumming after William Goldsmith (Sunny Day Real Estate / Foo Fighters / The Fire Theft), but I'll still take that as a compliment.

Sounds like Sonic Youth if they traded in Steve Shelley for Matt Tong (Bloc Party's drummer). The guitar sounds almost shoegazer-ish. Maybe the drum levels could've been balanced better. Doesn't bother me though. Great mix!

I was actually trying to model the drumming after William Goldsmith (Sunny Day Real Estate / Foo Fighters / The Fire Theft), but I'll still take that as a compliment.

Oh. Yeah I can see that too. They have sort of similar styles I guess. Matt Tong is slightly more...mechanical I guess.

Either way, the drumming kicks ass.

Yeah, I actually thought of Foo Fighters' drums when I listened to this. That's a good thing. I personally thought that the drums were the best part of this mix. I wish people would turn up the volume on the drums more often.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01467 - F-Zero "Voices Broken"