• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#1 djpretzel

djpretzel

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 8,745 posts
  • LocationFairfax, Virginia, USA
  • Software - Preferred Plugins/Libraries:[Plugins]: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Trilian, Battery, Reaktor, Sylenth1, Zebra2, Hive, Alchemy [Libraries]: Spitfire Albion & BML Series, Heavyocity, Impact Soundworks

Posted 26 November 2007 - 09:17 PM

I'm starting this thread so those who wish to can express their condolences to Reuben Kee's family.
  • Please refrain from discussion and only direct your post to his family
  • Responses will be compiled and, if/when logistics allow, communicated to Reuben's family
UPDATE: I've contacted Reuben's father with printouts of this thread as well as a link. If you haven't commented yet, please still feel free, as we will leave this thread up as an announcement indefinitely, for all to see.

#2 big giant circles

big giant circles

Chrono (+3000)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,750 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 26 November 2007 - 09:21 PM

A sad loss to our community. Though I did not know him personaly, RK's music has been touching and inspiring to me and many others. We're all thankful for the music he left us to remember him by.

May this time of grief pass quickly, and your sorrow be replaced by the good memories he left. My prayers go out to you.
"The Glory Days" album is pre-released! (officially out 2/14/14) Click below!
Posted Image

#3 Xbob42

Xbob42

Eggplant Wizard (+50)

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationHayward, CA

Posted 26 November 2007 - 09:22 PM

Once more I'd like to iterate that our thoughts and prayers go out to Mr. Kee and his family as well as his friends.

Those lost with him as well, including their friends and family.

Too sad an occasion.

#4 Trenthian

Trenthian

King Dedede (+2400)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,445 posts
  • LocationRoaming

Posted 26 November 2007 - 09:25 PM

Reuben was a wonderful young man.
It is most unfortunate for all of us to lose such an amazing person.
Myself and many others will never forget him.
I cannot begin to imagine how this tragic turn must make you feel, but please allow me to express my most sincere sympathy.

Reuben will always have a special place in the hearts of many.
Trenthian
Posted Image

#5 Draak

Draak

Snacks'N Jaxson (+1)

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 26 November 2007 - 09:26 PM

Words can offer no true meaning in the face of such sadness. I would like to extend my deepest sympathy and sadness. Reuben was an inspiration and an artist worthy of praise, so it's only fitting that he's in our hearts and in our prayers now.

He will truly be missed.
There's no sweeter chorus--
>>>>>>>the screams of a thousand voices, all in unison.

#6 Admiral_C

Admiral_C

Goemon (+300)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 26 November 2007 - 09:30 PM

My condolences. Reuben will be missed.

#7 Katsurugi

Katsurugi

Luigi (+750)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 783 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 26 November 2007 - 09:37 PM

Reuben Kee's commitment and contributions to a small budding community such as OCRemix has revealed much about himself as a musician and a person. I personally have always been excited to see his works become released on the site. It was probably his remix from Street Fighter that motivated me to collect more his songs. As a fan, he has done more for me than I could have ever done for him. I can say with some confidence that he is certainly a source of influence for aspiring musicians and will continue to be for years to come.
Now (re)playing: Pokemon Diamond

Posted Image

#8 The Author

The Author

Dark Force (+35000)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,513 posts
  • LocationSomewhere

Posted 26 November 2007 - 10:25 PM

I am saddened to say I only knew Reuben through his music. I feel that my words can offer little comfort in light of this tragedy, but I offer you my sincerest condolences.

Insert signature here.

#9 richter

richter

Hedgehog Heaven Director

• Members
  • Pip
  • 552 posts
  • LocationSilicon Valley

Posted 26 November 2007 - 11:30 PM

I remember assisting reuben with a 20mb remix upload onto vgmix, really incredible. His was an enormous talent. I'll be enjoying his music for years and years to come.
I put together Hedgehog Heaven a billion years ago. These days I make games.

#10 Forty-second

Forty-second

Meat Boy (+250)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationAround

Posted 26 November 2007 - 11:32 PM

I mainly knew Reuben through his music. His music moved and inspired me countless times. This is truly a tragic loss. He will live on in his music.

#11 OMGitsDarkMatter

OMGitsDarkMatter

Slime (+5)

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 11:34 PM

I'm very sorry to hear about this. I only knew Reuben through his music and he was a very, very talented musician. My heart and sincerest condolences go out to you all.

#12 mattoco

mattoco

Goomba (+100)

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 11:52 PM

I have always felt Reuben's work carried with it such fervent emotion; for that it has and always will find a place with me. His talents were truly amazing and his passing can be summed as nothing short of a devastating loss for both his family and the communities he was involved in.

#13 Sixto

Sixto

Chun-Li (+1000)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 27 November 2007 - 12:01 AM

While I never got to know Reuben as well as I would have liked, it's obvious that he was an incredible musician and a very friendly guy. I only pray that his friends and family make it through this tough time and hope that his music continues to touch and inspire people. My deepest condolences.
Posted Image
[14:05] <@djpretzel> whites mostly, but throw in some blacks
[00:25] * +Brandon (~Walt@184.13.136.28) Quit (Network ban)

#14 Turraken

Turraken

Octorok (+25)

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 27 November 2007 - 12:13 AM

Like many I knew Reuben only through his music, but even that has touched my heart many times.

My sincerest condolences to his family and friends.
How do you know this post exists?
Maybe the board doesn't exist...

#15 DiggiDis

DiggiDis

Goomba (+100)

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 27 November 2007 - 01:02 AM

My deepest condoleances to friends and family.
www.diggidis.com
www.diggidismusic.com

#16 Azure Prower

Azure Prower

Alex Kidd (+200)

• Members
  • 217 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 27 November 2007 - 01:05 AM

Reuben died doing the thing he loved and he will be missed by many. He will be remembered here as good musician and to his family I give my deepest regret.

#17 siven7

siven7

Dan Hibiki (+75)

• Members
  • 88 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Posted 27 November 2007 - 01:06 AM

Many condolences to his friends and family - Reu left some amazing music and his legacy will be remembered... until next time.
Posted Image

#18 DragonFireKai

DragonFireKai

Strider Hiryu (+2100)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,142 posts
  • LocationOregon State University

Posted 27 November 2007 - 01:07 AM

I would like to extend my condolences. Reuben was an exceptionally talented individual, who's art has influenced the lives of many people. The world is a lesser place without him. His memory will live on through his music, and in the hearts of everyone who listens to it.
Posted Image
Sig by Doulifée
Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!

#19 DrumUltimA

DrumUltimA

Donkey Kong (+2600)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationNew Haven, CT

Posted 27 November 2007 - 01:11 AM

I really love Reuben's music, I find his piano playing quite touching. He will surely be missed by this community, and our thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.

#20 DDRPriest

DDRPriest

Snacks'N Jaxson (+1)

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 01:26 AM

I registered on here just so I could say this.

I have tears in my eyes writing this. I discovered and downloaded Reuben's Ryu for Four Pianos a while back and never knew his name. It saddens me to only discover his name after he died. This song was always one of my favorites and I felt such compassion and power though it. I played fighters competitively in the past and this song always reminded me of the good old days of my life in the past. This hurts me more then I think it should.

Maybe it hurts also to know he was the same age as I am. To think of passing away so young...it's tough to even think about.

I will continue to enjoy all of his music. I have Ryu for Four Pianos on loop right now, with my heart broken.

He will be missed. My heart goes out to his family and friends, whether they knew him personally or through his music like myself.

Rest Well Reuben, you left a great mark on many people.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

games | mixes | artists | albums