Forums

1. Community

1. Announcements

Site News & Updates

Discussion of the OC ReMix community, video games, music, and other related topics.

Ludomusicology, analysis, research, & discussion of VGM

Design, database, & associated technical discussion of the OC ReMix website.

1. Music Composition & Production

Discussion of making music, including composition, production, and gear.

Post your works-in-progress or completed remixes of video game music here for feedback.

Post your works-in-progress or completed original music or remixes of non-VGM here for feedback.

Post your original non-musical work, including drawings, photography, writing, and videos.

Participate in various remixing competitions, or start your own.

Discussion of OC ReMix projects, including albums and community initiatives.

Recruit for a project you're starting, or find someone to collaborate with on a remix!

Request a song that you'd like to hear remixed.

1. ReMix Reviews & Comments

Review and comment on OC ReMixes.

Review and comment on OC ReMix's albums.

A public viewing of the Judges Panel's decisions on submitted ReMixes.
      See our Currently in the Judging Process dashboard for a live view into what's on the Judges Panel.

• As promised, I said I would update things here...instead of bombarding Discord #Workshop threads like a madwoman. xD As it currently stands, this is probably my last iteration on the song, fully done now and updated with everyone's kind feedback in mind and actioned--inclusive of the old critique from the past rejection. It is unmastered, and I'm sliding it in here to see if The Sages or @Dj Mokram or @Emunator has any further ideas to glint. More-so, I think...I'm just trying to catch people for a final vibe-check (in case my ears are shot), and see if it's ready for the Panel again, regardless of result. Dunno how to necessarily master it, but I mixed it to the fullest extent I could after doing a lot of research and video watching on orchestral composition/arrangements (and practice with other work), and limiting/reassessing the reference scope to primarily TSO with hints of Tchaikovsky and Chopin. I'm being hopeful...and trying to find and instill the confidence in my solo projects to try again. As most people are aware, I've been hammering at this in-between nonsense for a good long while throughout the process since the reject. I hope...I've compressed the lump of coal into an unprocessed diamond, and now have given it the cut and polish to push it over the goal-line. :)   VQ - Sorrowful Bellows WIP (UNMASTERED).mp3
    • Hello! I am currently reworking my remix of Life is Beatutiful for submission to OCR. Heres the original: On prior versions of this track I have had the following feedback: The kick drum was not easy to hear. Too conservative on the changes from the original. A bit hot/cramped on the mix. Sound pallete was very static throughout. More changes in dynamics. Besides trying to adress the mixing issues I did the following changes to the arrangement: Wrote an interlude loosely based on the original melody to introduce more changes. Added two lightly distorted guitars that also play the repetition of the A section and improvise some of it. Added an electric piano to get a more childish toy-like vibe. It plays the melody in the first half and the harmony in the second. Removed the whistling in the second half and only bring it back at the climax of the piece to play alongside the guitars. I would appreciate to know how well I have addressed the issues so far. :) Waltz is Beautiful Render (mastered).wav
    • Hey, I've been downloading tunes from OCRemix for some years now. Just now decided to actually participate. Anyway, this song is an extended remix I made for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild. To be specific, it's the final boss battle of the BoTW Expansion DLC. Anyone who has fought this guy, or at least heard his theme music, would know about the techno-like build up at the beginning. In my personal opinion, that beginning was the best part of the song. For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, here's that boss battle:   So, without further adieu, here is the extending remix I made. Now, I wanted to create a build up similar to the original song, and I didn't want it to sound any different than the original. So, I've sampled the original instruments and other sound samples (such as the background Ooooooohs, and the shrine-battle tunes). I wanted it to sound as authentic as possible while keeping to the original composers initial vision. Later, I converted the transition of the original song at the 1:14 mark to segway into the main drop of my rendition of the song. From there, I tried to keep the adrenaline high but adding a few mix beats. I also tried to shorten the pauses as much as possible to keep that adrenaline going (I.E. 1:37 [which is arguably a build-up], 1:56, 2:13). Toward the end, I brought all the instruments together at 3:05 to ultimately conclude the song. Wanted to make the listener aware that I didn't forget the soul of the song - so I brought everything back full circle.   Anyway, please enjoy!        
    • If only the first song were in the original Link to The Past! Very nice sounding. Sounds like you slapped some funk into that one.  
    • I see you tried to capture that 80s drum & bass feel of the SOR soundtrack. Then you incorporate that Sega Genesis Yamaha YM2612 synthesizer. Very nice!
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Popular Contributors

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    DJ Que