OverClocked ReMix Forums

OverClocked ReMix Forums (http://ocremix.org/forums/index.php)
-   Community (http://ocremix.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   3DS: Friend Codes on First Page, OMG THE THIRD DIMENSION (http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=33117)

EC2151 02-27-2011 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overflow (Post 757400)
I've never had a problem with any of the hinges of any of my Nintendo handhelds. Mine all still work perfectly. Maybe I just take better care of my stuff :?

I take obsessive care of all my electronic items, but that doesn't stop the shoulder buttons from breaking consistently on my handhelds. I just must not want it enough.

FireSlash 02-27-2011 09:42 PM

hinges and shoulder buttons are both very common issues with the DS Lite. To a point where it could be considered a weakness or even design flaw.

I'm just hoping the 3DS hinges solve this issue.

The Damned 02-27-2011 11:28 PM

NeoGAF members are starting to report battery life and settings.

Quote:

Got 5 hours 15 minutes, give or take, this time. Again, that's with occasional 3D slider gameplay, about 45 minutes of Wi-Fi, brightness 1, power save off, 30 minutes or so of AR play.
Quote:

And I just hit the battery halfway mark after playing a couple online matches. That's nearly 4 hours now. ^^
So, really, no clear answer still.

Malaki-LEGEND.sys 02-27-2011 11:42 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't enabling the 3D force the game to draw the same images twice? It makes sense(at least in my mind) that this would lead to decreased battery life, as well as the brightness setting(assuming that 1 is the strongest).

I'm willing to bet that with 3D and brightness off, the system can easily hit 8 to 10 hours.

The Damned 02-28-2011 12:12 AM

According to tests and Nintendo's own comments, the system renders both angles all the time any way. The power draw on the 3D effect is from both 3D screens running at the same time, not from having the screen being rendered twice.

And so far, no concrete answers on low settings so far. It's been more than a day, you would think someone would have tried it by now.

Mirby 02-28-2011 01:53 AM

I know that it blocks most DS flashcarts...

The iEvolution seems to work though.

Bleck 02-28-2011 01:56 AM

If the battery lasts longer than three hours, that's enough for me.

Gollgagh 02-28-2011 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleck (Post 757531)
If the battery lasts longer than three hours, that's enough for me.

yeah same

I don't have that much time to be playing handhelds for hours upon hours, and if I did, I'd be at my desk anyway.

oh that reminds me, is this thing confirmed completely inoperable during charging

Strike911 02-28-2011 02:04 AM

Battery life seems better than I was expecting. I'm used to my battery eating (nay devouring, nay destroying) cell phone. This will work.

I want a 3DS pretty bad but I'm going to wait and see how the launch goes before I buy one. I really don't need it immediately. Pilot Wings is really tempting me though.

The Damned 02-28-2011 02:17 AM

Personally, I need to see if I can stand the 3D effect. I don't like 3D movies that much and I'd hate to get a 3DS and not use the 3D at all. It seems like such a waste.

But those AR card games are looking pretty cool. They alone might be worth getting a 3DS now.