OverClocked ReMix Forums

OverClocked ReMix Forums (http://ocremix.org/forums/index.php)
-   Recruit & Collaborate! (http://ocremix.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   [RECRUITING! Next Check-In: Jan. 29th! 8 songs unclaimed!] Jigsaw Memories: A B-K Series Album (http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37758)

Kirvee 03-07-2012 08:35 PM

@Hoo: Sure! Do you want both of those featured tracks and a bonus song with Tooty's Theme or just those two featured tracks?

HooNose 03-07-2012 09:06 PM

I'd like the featured tracks and the bonus, but if others really want it, I'd be fine sticking to Showdown Town and Tooty's theme.

Cuz I really like Tooty's theme. :p

Kirvee 03-07-2012 09:51 PM

Well, no one that I know of has asked for it, so I'll put you down for all three then.

Just keep the deadlines in mind =).

HooNose 03-20-2012 10:23 PM

Oh, and if you need some ideas for album art, I can draw too.

http://epicguitar.deviantart.com/

Angry Ancestor 03-21-2012 12:10 AM

We'll need an album name first of course. We're still throwing around ideas.

Kirvee 03-21-2012 03:57 AM

@Hoo: Ooh, thanks! I'll check that out in a bit =).

@Ancestor: Yeah....I'm still liking "Jigsaw Memories", but I'm open to other suggestions. We could maybe have a poll of it later if multiple people like different suggestions.

Kirvee 03-22-2012 02:19 PM

Since it's 6 days before the first check-in deadline, I just want to say a few things regarding it:

- I'm probably going to start sending out PMs/e-mails the day before (on Tuesday) but you don't have to answer them until the day of Wednesday unless you want to.

- I don't need to be shown WIPs, I just need to know that you're working on your tracks and if you've made progress, even if it's like a few miliseconds of progress.

- If you DO have a WIP you want to show me, you're welcome to just know that any WIPs I'm shown will be given to people to QA and leave feedback on which I will then give to you. So I'd prefer you only show me something you really want/need feedback on.

- If you've made no progress at all, but still intend to work on your tracks, then don't worry! Just have some progress made by the next deadline.

- Now is a good time to tell me if you have to drop a track/can't work on the project anymore.

- Some of you have already been PMing me with WIPs so I won't need a progress update from you for this deadline since I already know your progress. Though do keep me posted, please.

That's all =).

Sometime next week I'll start asking for and collecting album titles that people like and put them together in a poll on the first post to see which one people like the most. I'll probably also be sending out another wave of recruitment PMs after this deadline passes, since we still have 8 unclaimed tracks.

Which reminds me, if anybody who's thinking of joining this is reading this, don't worry if you join close to or after this deadline! We'll be recruiting as long as there are tracks unclaimed, so don't worry if you're missing this deadline. There's three more deadlines after this one and then there will be 3 or 4 after that, so new recruits will have plenty of time.

Kirvee 03-29-2012 03:55 AM

First check-in deadline has passed! I've updated the topic title with the next one.

I've PMed everyone already and have heard back from a lot of you.

Those who've read the PM but have yet to respond have til the weekend to respond to it. If I don't hear from you by 12AM EST Monday morning, I'm going to assume you're dropping (although you're free to reclaim your song if you want).

Til April 25th! We still need more people to do the unclaimed songs.

alfredofreak 03-30-2012 07:22 PM

Short version: I need someone to help me with my track.

Long version:
I would still very much like to contribute to this project, but I need to face the fact that I don't have enough musical knowledge to make an arrangement anywhere close to OCR quality. I've got more than enough resources to teach myself what I need to know, but music education is one of the lower priorities in my life for a while.

That being said, while I can't contribute much to the melodic arrangement, I'd love to offer anything else I can do to anyone willing to collaborate with me on Rusty Bucket Bay. This includes stuff like drum programming and possibly mixing / mastering if you're willing to let me give it a shot.

For those curious if I've had any ideas so far, I've only come up with the (what feels like) impossible task of capturing the sound of the Knife Party remix of Unison. :tomatoface: However, I'm open to more logical takes on the theme.

Let me know if you're interested!

jnWake 03-31-2012 03:06 AM

I like this project, since the Banjo series has amazing music.

Sadly, I don't think I'll be able to do an arrangement since I'd need to learn how to mix/program. I know how to make MIDI arrangements, but I have no clue how to make them sound good...

Anyway, good luck!