OverClocked ReMix Forums

OverClocked ReMix Forums (http://ocremix.org/forums/index.php)
-   Projects (http://ocremix.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time ReMix Project - On Hold (http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38453)

C7 01-15-2012 06:54 AM

I plan on getting a wip together for a track or two for this soon (along with everything else I plan on doing :-P ), but I want to put myself down for trumpet playing. Here are a few examples:

Zelda: Majora's Mask - Healing Majora (posted on OCR)

Mega Man - Riding the Avalanche

Mega Man - License to Chill

Mega Man - The Filler

I'm not sure what my wife is willing to do at the moment, but she's the clarinetist in License and Riding.

EC2151 01-15-2012 07:58 AM

While indeed I am continuing to work on my FF6 track, I'm starting to put together an audition track for this project for the Temple of Time. While that should by no means frighten off any more talented musician from wanting to take the iconic track, hopefully I can submit something and see if it's up to snuff. If not, it's off to the workshop, I suppose : p

evktalo 01-15-2012 10:16 AM

I for one would love to hear some CN vocals (I liked that PRC entry you did a while back) on a track, so this is getting better and better! (:

--Eino

CN 01-15-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theophany (Post 835748)
CN, sounds like you can sing pretty well man. I'll mark you down. I was listening to deep memory and thought of the new Deus Ex OST. Vocals like yours could sound really cool on a Temple remix or one of the darker ocarina themes. Are these forums the best way to contact you? Also, nice name. My family is from Toronto... :)

So ironic since I actually live there, yet not many catch on to that! But it's also just my name abbreviated; real clever, right?
There should be more Canadian presences around here (nevermind Toronto) !
But for now, I guess all I have is this site or my e-mail...which isn't any more quicker than the site, anyway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by evktalo (Post 835772)
I for one would love to hear some CN vocals (I liked that PRC entry you did a while back) on a track, so this is getting better and better! (:

--Eino

...Wow, I completely forgot about mentioning that! I'm certainly better since then, and glad you still like it.

Phonetic Hero 01-16-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C7 (Post 835753)
I'm not sure what my wife is willing to do at the moment

I hope it's butt stuff

...Too far...?

Anyway, this sounds like a fun project. I'll check back in a couple weeks to see if you guys still need remixers, cause I'm musically swamped with the last round of the WCRG since I'll be my team's primary mixer and with writing original stuff to finish up an EP, plus getting settled into the percussion studio at school/preparing for placement auditions. So yeah, I'll check the thread or PM someone or whatever in a couple weeks to see if there's still a spot. Laterz!

kevincharm 01-16-2012 04:06 PM

I think I will be joining in the fun after I'm done with my current workload! 8)

Theophany 01-17-2012 04:11 PM

Hey guys, there's been a little delay with responding to auditions but I tend to be really busy during the week. We've had a few awesome auditions from people like Doc Nano, Abadoss, and Sir Jordanius so far. I just want to encourage everyone to link people who might be interested in the project. If you can attract new talent to OCR even better. If you have a recommendation for someone who should be on the project, let us know and we'll check them out! We're still looking for musicians (guitars, brass, strings, woodwind, world instruments, vocalists) as well as artists.

I want to encourage more remixers to audition, too--I know people are really busy with work and other projects but auditions are for getting your concept across, not subbing a completed mix. You can include a little writeup to help explain where you want to take your track if it helps. We also want balance between cinematic and world fusion type tracks and more traditional OC remixes with solid style, groove and energy.

We're always open to making a cool idea work for the project.

Matt E. Waldman 01-19-2012 10:23 PM

If it's not too late, I'd like to claim Lake Hylia (TP)! I have a few good ideas for that. I might be able to send an audition through this weekend.

Edit: Whoops, probably should read the first post more. I'll send in a WIP/audition as soon as possible!

Also, that is a very sexy banner.

HitoriJaNai 01-19-2012 10:43 PM

I never thought I'd be saying this again... but this project... Its so enticing, I'm gonna try my hand at arranging Temple of Time. One of my all-time favorite Zelda songs... I'll be sending my audition along soon, although I will definitely say that both samples and production may hold me back slightly... :whatevaa: Hopefully that won't be too much of an issue to work past.

Farkle 01-21-2012 01:22 PM

Like to contribute to the Ocarina project.

Hi, everyone!

Farkle here, I'm a new sign-on, but many of the OCR crew know me as Mike Worth (old friend of Zircon and PixieTricks); I've been meaning to sit down and get into the OCR community for a couple of years now, and now's the time to do it! :)

I would love to contribute some remixes to the Ocarina project; as one of the other posters also does, I sing this music to my 5 year old daughter.

There is a lot of competition for the remaining tracks, I'll help fill in the blanks. I'd love to remix the Fairy Fountain, the Nocturne of Shadow, and/or the Bolero of Fire. If those are taken, I'll happily do the opening Deku Tree suite.

With the short melodies, Nocturne and Bolero, is it okay to expand them a bit, into a more symphonic piece, melodic/harmonic variation, some key change moves, etc?

Thank you all for letting me be a part of this community and this project!

Farkle