Old 08-07-2009, 03:49 PM

Send a message via MSN to Trouble
You know what, i remember i didn't liked this song the first times
I'm writting with the song playing behind right now and whoooo i like it so much, it's become my anthem
When i do jogging at night, i put it, running along the streets, the beat helps me going, the voice and musics calm me down, and at 3:00..alone on the city ..donkey with me..i feel so good
Thank you so much

Should i add that the beginning is magic, like poetic ?

Last edited by Trouble; 08-07-2009 at 04:09 PM.
Sponsored Links

Please join us the next two weeks supporting our sponsor, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call™!!
Old 09-06-2009, 10:05 AM
Little Mac (+900)

Send a message via AIM to Kinslayer Send a message via MSN to Kinslayer Send a message via Yahoo to Kinslayer Send a message via Skype™ to Kinslayer
I just wanted to say that this is absolutely one of the best renditions of Donkey Kong's Fear Factory theme, I have been a long time fan of the Donkey Kong soundtracks for a long time...and you delivered a beautiful song. Injury's vocals are superb, and the background music is really good, one note though, the guitar was a little too rough, I would have went with something a little softer...keep 'em comin' Nicole...I need more music from you before I go deaf listening to i.transmit.this back to 1946
Old 09-19-2009, 10:19 PM
Eric Mikols
Goomba (+100)

This mix is great. I was so immersed into Donkey Kong Country as a kid, and I think one of the things that did it was the ambient soundtrack. Fear Factory was such a cool song, not to mention levels. But this mix really does add something else to the song.
The song does kind of sound sad but these lyrics really change the way I see the stage. It helps that the vocals are up to par as well.
A very good mix of a very cool song.

Enjoy our videos at Red Raptor Productions! http://www.youtube.com/duskvstweak
Old 12-08-2009, 10:28 PM
Wes M., Double the Trouble! Director
Luigi (+2000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

At first the pacing/timing of the vocals threw me off, but I've REALLY come to like this track a lot. Nicole's backing instrumentation is really mellow and the use of the electric piano especially evokes a very solemn mood that's ultimately reflected in the lyrics. I'll agree that the guitar solo sounded a bit out of place, but only because of the harsh tone compared to the silky smooth texture of the rest of the mix.

This one's got me really excited for your collab, "A New Place" off of Serious Monkey Business. You've both set the bar high, but for everybody's sake I hope your next mix is even better!

· OCR Staff · Judge· Double the Trouble Director · ARMed and DANGerous Co-Assistant Director · Zelda: Ocarina of Time Project Co-Director
Old 03-11-2010, 11:33 PM
Bad Dude (+500)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Love the many change ups, synth design, sohpisticated arrangement, vocals. I can feel a lot of different influences at work here. I really appreciate the attention to detail too, lots of variety in the sounds and arrangement. Building a remix around vocals is pretty hard, I think. But you two pulled off something stellar. Instant favorite :D

Wild Arms / DK3 / Link's Awakening / SD3
Old 04-24-2010, 03:10 AM
Jeremy

Hey! Another one I like! I guess it's mainly the lyrics and... well... now that I think about it... all of it is pretty darn good. Sounds very... official. All I have to is nice work!
-letterONE (that's right, new way of writing things, yo!)
Old 08-16-2010, 04:19 PM
Andrew Luers, Judge, Unsung Heroes Director
Big Boss (+6000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

A really great vocal mix, with a very solid backing track, and excellent effects. Pacing was perfect, and there was a lot of really nice touches in the production. Lyrics were both thoughtful and well performed. An excellent mix that really showcases some serious talent.
Old 05-30-2011, 12:01 AM
Kougar Singh
Akuma (+1100)

This was one of the first remixes I listened to from the site, and It's still a favorite. The lyrics and singing are great and the music is just...so awesome! (I had actually never heard the source when I first listened to this, but after hearing it I must say that the music is very unique!)
Old 12-17-2011, 01:03 AM
Jim Hebert
Tanooki Mario (+1500)

Great mix. Thought provoking lyrics and awesome voice. Fear Factory is a fantastic source, and this song is an exceptional adaptation.

Alias: Cash and Change | SoundCloud | Twitter | Facebook
Check out this Kickstarter: Bacon Man: An Adventure
Old 12-17-2011, 02:50 AM
Wesley Cho, Moderator, Maverick Rising/Serious Monkey Business Director
Sheng Long (+10000)

This is a pretty awesome take on the Fear Factory source! I feel like Nicole & starla did a better job on the Hot Head Bop source, but I could be biased . Anyhow, this is a pretty creative twist on the original, as the original was more dark & gritty, so you'd think industrial or metal when you think of it. I've said it before, but Nicole shows that she is excellent at building songs around vocals, and this song is no exception! Great job to the duo here!

Tags
collab, singing, synth, vocals-female, electronic