Old 02-24-2013, 09:48 AM
Dracula (+2750)

Send a message via AIM to The Derrit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unstable Hamster View Post
You know, I agree, but I'm still glad I beat that game in the end. It didn't itch the Paper Mario crave I've been waiting for, but it was something new and they put a lot of good work into it. Kinda insane logic behind some of the puzzles though.
i'm with you. some of the things that i got stuck on the longest were like 'oh yeah there's a hidden block here you have to hit with your hammer. duh.'

i also was sad they decided to put pretty much no story into it. bowser talks zero times, and after world 2 they just stopped putting in quirky and fun dialogue sequences that involved anyone but kersti and kamek (and wiggler, but that was for one world). they could have easily fleshed it out into something memorable, but seemed to choose not to, and in my opinion they chose not to because they wanted to make it 'handheld bite sized.'

that's a very scary prospect; i'm also nervous about this happening in luigi's mansion.

Sponsored Links

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:08 AM
Taylor Lyndis, Audio Engineering Director
Big Boss (+6000)

Well Fire Emblem certainly isn't "handheld bite sized," so I'd hope they continue down that path with providing experiences that aren't so fixated on the fact that game is on a handheld system.

<+overcoat> I am totally a weaboo fangirl | Share & Enjoy now available! Click above! | <jeffball> my balls are everywhere
Old 02-24-2013, 01:51 PM
Mario (+1400)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Derrit View Post
i'm with you. some of the things that i got stuck on the longest were like 'oh yeah there's a hidden block here you have to hit with your hammer. duh.'

i also was sad they decided to put pretty much no story into it. bowser talks zero times, and after world 2 they just stopped putting in quirky and fun dialogue sequences that involved anyone but kersti and kamek (and wiggler, but that was for one world). they could have easily fleshed it out into something memorable, but seemed to choose not to, and in my opinion they chose not to because they wanted to make it 'handheld bite sized.'

that's a very scary prospect; i'm also nervous about this happening in luigi's mansion.
If the whole game had been like the forest area it would have been great. It was one of the the only parts of the game that really felt like paper mario other than having my stickers turned into sandles.

I'm not too worried though about future games- at least if nintendo values its feedback and reviews. It seems like most reviewers and players that have a problem with the game have the same general issues.

Hey but the music was pretty good...

I do have a question about fire emblem though. Is it possible to turn off the weird sound snipits of grunts/affirmatives/negatives/whatever the characters give at the beginning of every single piece of dialogue? Something about it makes me want to pull all my hair out.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:56 PM
Dr. Wily (+1300)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobaltstarfire View Post
I do have a question about fire emblem though. Is it possible to turn off the weird sound snipits of grunts/affirmatives/negatives/whatever the characters give at the beginning of every single piece of dialogue? Something about it makes me want to pull all my hair out.
*Chrom voice* Really?

- But seriously, I don't think there's an option for that. Maybe you'd like the Japanese sound clips better? You can change the vocal language in the options. Hmm.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:16 PM
Strider Hiryu (+5000)

There's an option for that in the in-game menu I believe where you can turn voices off.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:22 PM
Mario (+1400)

Cool, thanks guys. Now I know when I get the game I won't have to mute it.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:35 PM
Big Boss (+6000)

I feel like the only person who likes those little snippets.
so lonely...

<+overcoat> I am totally a weaboo fangirl | Share & Enjoy now available! Click above! | <jeffball> my balls are everywhere
Old 03-01-2013, 12:09 PM
Strider Hiryu (+5000)

I also liked those snippets. Game is great!

Also, so Castlevania Lord of Shadow: Mirror of Fate plays pretty nicely/ Gonna be grabbing that ASAP.

Also Etrian Odyssey IV has been grabbed, and I'll comment on it once I get a chance to play more than 10 minutes! Go go, 3DS library!
Old 03-02-2013, 06:12 PM
Big Boss (+6000)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDFF Twitter
久しぶりにTwitterにアクセスしました。外国の方の声、ちゃんと届いてますよ! I accessed Twitter after a long absence. A voice of the foreign one arrives properly! ※翻訳ソフトを使用してます
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDFF Twitter
海外の方からのコメントがとても多い! 皆様に遊んでもらえるようがんばります! There is very much comment from overseas one! I do my best to have all of you play! ※翻訳ソフトを使用してます^^;
Source 1
Source 2

hints of bravely default's localization? :D

Old 03-02-2013, 07:00 PM
Philip
Goomba (+100)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirby View Post
Source 1
Source 2

hints of bravely default's localization? :D
Aw come on, don't get my hopes up like that! It will be all the more tragic if nothing happens...