Old 04-21-2004, 01:23 AM
Bradley Burr, Thieves of Fate/Threshold of a Dream Director
Ganon (+8000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

oh yeah

I say it once and forever - THE PROPHET LIKE PERCUSSION no matter what kind (i like percussionists too) and thats why this is my fav remix on the site (with Megaman Circuit Breaker, of course). Atmosphere is great, and I love the tuned xylophonery throughout the middle section. Great job Bart!
Sponsored Links

Please join us the next two weeks supporting our sponsor, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call™!!
Old 07-01-2004, 06:23 AM
Red Mage (+400)

I first heard this on one of my friends cds he burn anf when i found it here i almost bowed down to my computer. good mix, one of the best.
Old 07-01-2004, 07:55 AM
Ghaleon (+2250)

Bart did excellent work capturing the desert/sci-fi atmosphere of Dune. One of my favorites.

Funny side-note: Klepka sounds a bit like Klepacki, don't it?

(Frank Klepacki composed the original Dune music, along with several other Westwood games)

Follow along with my attempt to finish 100 games before buying any new ones at my blog!
Old 01-12-2005, 09:18 AM
Goomba (+100)

Send a message via ICQ to Jupiter Knight Send a message via AIM to Jupiter Knight
Not just several other games, Frank created all music for Westwood Studios and their games during the 1990s.

art.deviance
Old 01-26-2005, 12:20 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Not Leedar Send a message via AIM to Not Leedar Send a message via MSN to Not Leedar Send a message via Yahoo to Not Leedar
FYI, the original Dune video game music was not created by Frank Klepacki. Exxos (Stéphane Picq and Philip Ulrich) of CRYO Lab Studios are the true artists (Westwood had nothing to do with this game; CRYO were the developers).

The rare official soundtrack 'Dune: Spice Opera' has become quite valuable, and for a good reason besides its very limited run packaged in a 'special edition' of the game. You can find it in MP3 form at … well, it used to be easy to find but now you'll have to trawl the P2P system (or Google a bit harder than me :P).
Old 04-09-2005, 12:01 AM

I've heard the Spice Opera soundtrack. It's crap and not nearly as pleasing to listen to as the original "cheap MIDI" versions.

This remix, on the other hand, is very nice and has the spirit of the original imo.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:32 PM

This is wonderful

I've been listening to it over and over again, just the entire feel of it just clicks with me
The percussion is -GORGEOUS- :D
Old 12-25-2006, 04:01 PM

Very cool. I never played the games, but I have read the books and seen the movie. This does indeed invoke imagery of the Dune universe. Good job.
Old 05-28-2008, 03:42 PM
Andrew Luers, Judge, Unsung Heroes Director
Big Boss (+6000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Percussion on this is super catchy and carries the piece pretty decisively. The melody is very subtle, but to be totally honest, there really isn't much room in here for a melody with all the rhythm madness going on. Synths are pretty decent, but unremarkable in general, as they are only prominent at the beginning, where they set up a wide, expansive soundscape.

The mix never seems to grow past a certain point though. Once everything gets built up, it doesn't shift much, and I think it could build even further. I also think the ending could have been a bit more elegant in it's execution; a more defined ending would have suited the piece, or better still, a breakdown of elements going back to the sparse synths. I think that would complete the feel of traveling through a desert.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:32 PM
Red Mage (+400)

Those D Dd d d Drums

Defintinely the kind of mix that transports you. I can't decide whether it's more evocative of dune or jungle crossing tho'.