Super Smash Bros Brawl

Arek the Absolute

hahahah, i love being lucas against ZSS

what i typically do is bumrush her with shorthopped nairs and PSI magnets. my friend plays a dsmash-heavy ZSS (in fact, he's the one that won the tournament mentioned earlier) and i typically just jump right into his dsmashes with the magnet; they heal me and knock him away. switch up the nair and magnet and he'll have no idea which one is coming next, making it difficult to punish you

keep in mind this will never, ever work at the pro level, but it's good for pissing off the ZSS for a few rounds!

EDIT - i would agree to play him, but i'm not throwing a match that's worth 10 bucks. i like the idea of not taking the match seriously, i might just do that :x

You know what really cheeses people like that off? Agree to play them, like it's some huge big thing like, "Ok you can get your revenge" blah blah blah, then completely throw the match. Don't even bother playing hard. Talk to your friend and look away from the screen constantly. Play with one hand. Make them see that if they're gonna be a whiny bitch about playing you, that you aren't even going to dignify it with an effort playing them.

I like this idea.

hahahah, i love being lucas against ZSS

what i typically do is bumrush her with shorthopped nairs and PSI magnets. my friend plays a dsmash-heavy ZSS (in fact, he's the one that won the tournament mentioned earlier) and i typically just jump right into his dsmashes with the magnet; they heal me and knock him away. switch up the nair and magnet and he'll have no idea which one is coming next, making it difficult to punish you

keep in mind this will never, ever work at the pro level, but it's good for pissing off the ZSS for a few rounds!

wut dsmashes heal lucas?!!?!!

and your right i didnt nair at all that match...no clue why

did you like my music?

you cant possibly still be flustered after hearing that song

EDIT: Dervish, whats also funny is if you stand up while playing, walk behind him, and take your hand off the controller, timing it so that he kills you. While he kills you, you take your nuts out and put them on his shoulder.

it gets them every time

i didn't use nair as lucas a lot when i played him as a main, but it's essential when i play him now as my second/third...one thing i'm working on incorporating is full-hopped dairs, they basically suck someone up for the entire four hits and if you DI back, you can get away without being hurt. it's real nice. also if you can and if you don't use the c-stick, try out b-sticking...it's really neat :D

i like how you twig'd her items back at her, i do the same thing to my buddy. learn what he does with his items (most ZSS' i talk to have a set plan with them) and beat him up for it.

anyway yeah, ZSS' dsmashes heal him, so just rush him with both those moves and see if it works. usually ZSS' tend to either stun gun or dsmash when you get close, and surprise surprise, BOTH HEAL HIM :o

i didn't use nair as lucas a lot when i played him as a main, but it's essential when i play him now as my second/third...one thing i'm working on incorporating is full-hopped dairs, they basically suck someone up for the entire four hits and if you DI back, you can get away without being hurt. it's real nice. also if you can and if you don't use the c-stick, try out b-sticking...it's really neat :D

i like how you twig'd her items back at her, i do the same thing to my buddy. learn what he does with his items (most ZSS' i talk to have a set plan with them) and beat him up for it.

anyway yeah, ZSS' dsmashes heal him, so just rush him with both those moves and see if it works. usually ZSS' tend to either stun gun or dsmash when you get close, and surprise surprise, BOTH HEAL HIM :o

thanks. i already knew about the column dair (my little name for it), but the downside is that it must be started from right next to the opponent in order to suck them up. my fav is the sh nair to full hop nair, especially if they have vibrate on, because it annoys the hell out of them.

also if you take your balls out =D

Yeah ZSS's dsmash heals Lucas. The Dsmash is actually like like a little projectile- it doesn't cause any hitlag for Zamus(the lag for both characters when you connect with a move), on top of it's other weird little properties.

which is why she can follow up with another attack so quickly. i never made that connection before

learn something new everyday...

to spike with lucas with the bair, do i have to sweet spot it when he's at the "parallel to the ground" angle? (sorry i just took a midterm so my brain is sorta dead)

and, what's b-sticking?

Edit: what he said, specifically question B.

b-sticking is the act of changing your c-stick to do special moves, basically making it a *ta-da* b-stick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEW9MdImbgc

i didn't actually watch this, but i assume it shows some of the cool things he can do. there are two great things in this game: suiciding a tether character with DDD's giant divebomb spike, and doing an outrageously pointless zap jump.

EDIT - i edit a lot!

i should also probably mention lucas gets the most benefit out of this. in fact, he might get the only practical benefit of any character? WB'ed PK fires are a great GREAT spacing tool.

b-sticking is the act of changing your c-stick to do special moves, basically making it a *ta-da* b-stick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEW9MdImbgc

i didn't actually watch this, but i assume it shows some of the cool things he can do. there are two great things in this game: suiciding a tether character with DDD's giant divebomb spike, and doing an outrageously pointless zap jump.

EDIT - i edit a lot!

i should also probably mention lucas gets the most benefit out of this. in fact, he might get the only practical benefit of any character? WB'ed PK fires are a great GREAT spacing tool.

Lucario and Marth are the only other characters who get any benefit from it. Everyone else gets either no benefit or a marginal benefit.

eh, still the best PT i've ever seen. nice handling of ivysaur, at any rate :o

also, for someone who's such a prominent figure like Ankoku, i somehow imagined he'd be better. huh.

i'm almost tempted to post him boning me up and down with his Shiek for the next two games but i don't think i will

and thank you :D

In my case, it's because my friend doesn't have a stable wireless connection (doesn't have the wired adaptor) and can't seem to connect to Brawl online regardless. On that note, does the Wii have to be updated fully before it allows you to use the online mode? If so, that would explain why we can't Brawl to work online yet...

In my case, it's because my friend doesn't have a stable wireless connection (doesn't have the wired adaptor) and can't seem to connect to Brawl online regardless. On that note, does the Wii have to be updated fully before it allows you to use the online mode? If so, that would explain why we can't Brawl to work online yet...

A firewall maybe? From what I know, I don't think you need an update at all. You just might have to shell out 20 bucks for the ethernet adapter, it's a lot better to get that for future online games anyway.