Super Smash Bros Brawl

Arek the Absolute

went to a tourney tonight!

played a bunch of matches--got knocked out immediately in doubles, my teammate doesn't have a wii and hasn't played in weeks. was gonna partner with someone else but felt obligated to bury five dollars in a teammate who used to be good :I

singles, i did okay? i guess? won my first match and then had to fight fucking AZEN. and YES, he's that good. he effectively 2-stocked me the first match and 1-stock the second, which was to be expected.

won a few matches in the loser's bracket, then fought another DDD...since i fucking hate DDD dittos (first to grab wins!), i picked olly in the hopes of CP'ing him, then just played dumb. he's a good DDD, i'm a mediocre olly, so eh.

finished 25th out of 50. i'm mid tier!

in any case, i played a few friendlies with people who're pretty good and didn't lose any. i might go to another tourney every once in a while, but i'm definitely not gonna become a regular.

Well thanks! I bet I surprised you when I won that first one :P. I will admit though, that if I have a choice, melee wins over brawl. Also, the lag and the giant buffer window brawl has hurt me a bit, as I rolled into smashes more often than I had wanted ("stand straight up. no, no...don't roll to the right...dead" the reason i rolled was because I was using the control stick to DI to the right, but with the lag, the game thought I let go of right later than I did, and with the buffer window being huge, counted it as me wanting to roll). No johns though, no johns, as I'm sure you had the lag as well.

Fun matches, would play again.