Super Smash Bros Brawl

Arek the Absolute

As other comments echoed, play Super Smash Bros. Brawl on Wii, JDP. The game is a Nintendo fanboy's dream come true. Plus, Solid Snake is a guest character alongside Sonic. :)

I have to disagree. If brawl had Simon Belmont, then it would be a fanboy's dream. At least, this fanboy. :puppyeyes:

I have to disagree. If brawl had Simon Belmont, Megaman, Phoenix Wright, Viewtiful Joe, Klonoa, Ryu Hyabusa, de Blob, Travis Touchdown, KOS-MOS, Jade, Pac-Man, Sora, and Cooking Mama, then it would be a fanboy's dream. At least, this fanboy. :puppyeyes:

There. Fixed for almost everyone.

I have to disagree. If brawl had Simon Belmont, Megaman, Phoenix Wright, Viewtiful Joe, Klonoa, Ryu Hayabusa, de Blob, Travis Touchdown, KOS-MOS, Jade, Pac-Man, Sora, and Cooking Mama, then it would be a fanboy's dream.
Only my opinion, but anyway:
  1. Simon Belmont: Maybe, but maybe not, since he's not a Nintendo native, so it's a stretch.
  2. Mega Man: same situation as Simon Belmont; a bit of a stretch.
  3. Phoenix Wright? I don't know if he's a Nintendo native, but HELL YEAH! Captain Falcon: Show your moves! Phoenix Wright: OBJECTION!
  4. Klonoa: as a secret character, perhaps...
  5. Ryu Hayabusa: cool, though a stretch.
  6. de Blob: nah...
  7. Travis Touchdown: heh, that'd be interesting.
  8. Jade: from...
  9. Pac-Man: NO.

10. Sora: from... Kingdom Hearts? Hmm... nice, though a stretch
  11. Cooking Mama: what fanboy dreamed of this? What's she going to do? Cook a big meal? Whoop people with spatulas? Invite her friends to dinner?

It's mostly/all my opinion, but anyway:

Why do you say "not a Nintendo native"? Sonic and Snake aren't Nintendo natives are they?

No, they aren 't. I stress "not a Nintendo native" because the ones who aren't Nintendo originals would only be suitable in the game if there was a good reason for them being in it. The theory of Sonic and Snake's presence will be explained in the next paragraph.

I do recognize that the makers put those two in SSB because of clever marketing, as well as the longing for people to see Mario vs Sonic, two primary icons. So, it was not just for the hell of including Sonic and Snake.

The rest just seems like a bunch of wishing without realizing the relevance of Snake and Sonic. Snake came along because he represents Playstation, being the least expected (and the most badass), representing the more serious gaming of Sony. I guess it's because he would appeal more than the geeky Crash, or the other guys like Spyro and Tomba.

I don't think it'd be a bad idea to put in secret characters that aren't strictly Nintendo (such as Simon Belmont, which'd be damn cool), but the game could get sidetracked if the developers overdo a good idea. Hey, they can do what they want, but I'm just trying to talk in practicality.

I thought Sonic was in because he was the most requested by fans, and Snake is in because Sakurai and Kojima are friends or something. Also, Snake was supposed to be in Melee, but they ran out of time? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Snake is in Brawl because Kojima wanted Snake in Melee, but it was already too late to add another character when he brought it up with Sakurai.

1. Simon Belmont: Maybe, but maybe not, since he's not a Nintendo native, so it's a stretch.
  3. Phoenix Wright? I don't know if he's a Nintendo native, but HELL YEAH! Captain Falcon: Show your moves! Phoenix Wright: OBJECTION!
  4. Klonoa: as a secret character, perhaps...
  5. Ryu Hayabusa: cool, though a stretch.
  6. de Blob: nah...
  7. Travis Touchdown: heh, that'd be interesting.
  8. Jade: from...
  9. Pac-Man: NO.

10. Sora: from... Kingdom Hearts? Hmm... nice, though a stretch
  11. Cooking Mama: what fanboy dreamed of this? What's she going to do? Cook a big meal? Whoop people with spatulas? Invite her friends to dinner?

de Blob is MY dream character. I love the guy. Jade's from Beyond Good & Evil. And Cooking Mama was added just because, but she will invite her friends... to your FUNERAL. Also, she has shown she can be a crazy beeyotch when portrayed by a certain crazy animal rights group...

I seem to recall playing CastleVania on the NES...as well as two of the better titles being GBA exclusives. While we're at it we might as well suggest Arthur from Ghosts'n'Goblins (or if you're a picky bastard, Super Ghouls'n'Ghosts), the dude from Contra, 8-bit Link, and pretty damn much every other popular character to ever appear in a nintendo game.

The thing with Smash Brothers is that it isn't really about who would we like to have in the game, it's more about who would be fun to play within the game's limitations and without severely tweaking or disrupting their characterization. You aren't going to just suddenly put someone from an FPS with no melee attacks whatsoever into the game, nor are you going to grab licensed characters that you'd have to spend a good deal of your production budget on in order to use.

So while people may want, say, Conker in the game, they won't because he's owned by Rare (and Microsoft wants the guy for their own purposes). Similar with anything owned by Square-Enix. There may be a slew of releases that were exclusive to Nintendo systems but would they be worth having in the game? Is having your Final Fantasy personages really that important?

I stress again that the character selection isn't about popularity but about playability. Right now the lineup may mostly be Classic Nintendo but you can't deny that when you get in a four-way match and people are playing to enjoy the game as much as they are to win that the game is FUN.

I stress again that the character selection isn't about popularity but about playability. Right now the lineup may mostly be Classic Nintendo but you can't deny that when you get in a four-way match and people are playing to enjoy the game as much as they are to win that the game is FUN.

That's not exactly what I was saying, but I agree. It would be a fanboy's orgasmic dream to have Cloud from FF7 in there (remember, the Brawl Taunts vid?), but some of those too-good-to-be-true additions could actually screw up the game if they're pointless.

Cooking Mama's a biyatch? Ah, she may be, but no female can hold Sheik.

I thought Sonic was in because he was the most requested by fans, and Snake is in because Sakurai and Kojima are friends or something. Also, Snake was supposed to be in Melee, but they ran out of time? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

There's relevance there, and I admit, what I thought was theoretical.

Well, we'll let Hal and Nintendo do the rest. Question: if the next SSB (if there'll be a next) is too much like SSBB/SSBM, will you keep on with the series or lose faith? I think I'd lose faith.

4. Travis Touchdown: heh, that'd be interesting.
  5. Jade: from...
  6. Cooking Mama: what fanboy dreamed of this? What's she going to do? Cook a big meal? Whoop people with spatulas? Invite her friends to dinner?

all of these characters made their first appearance on Nintendo consoles

Really... We`re back to this again. even with all the character confirmed for months ( a year?) we are still playing the "If it were my brawl id have _________. (s)he is so cool. Id love nintendo forever..."

Brawl kinda is lame... Melee seemed to hold my attetion so much longer, not sure why. But it seems like Brawl was way over hyped..

all of these characters made their first appearance on Nintendo consoles

Including Klonoa? Also, Simon (and Ritcher) Belmont appeared on the NES/SNES series, but they were made by Konami, not Nintendo itself.

But it seems like Brawl was way over hyped

The transition from SSB to SSBM was beyond what I could imagine; from SSBM to SSBB was cool at first, but led to a few disappointments. I did like SSBB, but I expected more. The transition didn't seem big enough, apart from the new items/item edits (some are more detestable, yippee), extra trophy things and new characters. Not to mention, the Wi-Fi online play, which is what gave SSBB one true advantage to its elder.

They should have souped up Mewtwo. If he was a beast in the movie, he could have been a beast in the game.

Including Klonoa?

the reason I did not include Klonoa in the list of people who made their first appearances on a Nintendo console is because Klonoa did not make his first appearance on a Nintendo console

also as much as I hate to admit it, I played melee with pretty much the same amount of vigor for almost eight years - and brawl held my attention for maybe three months at most

yeah still play it but it's just not as lasting and brawl is way too unbalanced