zircon in Heroes (4/10 - and the Wheelman)

Theory of N

Bitchin. Good to see you getting some much deserved exposure. Heroes is a pretty big network television show, too. Grats.

Maybe I'll start watching Heroes again.

Volume 2 (Generations) was okay. Volume 3 (Villains) was absolutely horrible. Volume 4 (Fugitives) actually has some direction now, and last week's episode (Cold Snap) was amazing; like as good as some of the best Season 1 episodes. This week's episode (Into Asylum) wasn't as good as last week's but it was still pretty great. It feels like the show is finally back on track after such abyssmal storylines.

Volume 2 (Generations) was okay. Volume 3 (Villains) was absolutely horrible. Volume 4 (Fugitives) actually has some direction now, and last week's episode (Cold Snap) was amazing; like as good as some of the best Season 1 episodes. This week's episode (Into Asylum) wasn't as good as last week's but it was still pretty great. It feels like the show is finally back on track after such abyssmal storylines.

You can thank the writers guild strikes for the lack of good stories. Though sometimes I think the writers are off kilter now and then.

I don't have any background whatsoever reading comics, so I'm curious: what was so horrible about volumes 2 and 3? I'll admit that I liked volume 1 best, sure, but didn't find 2 and 3 to be that bad.

I haven't watched any of Volume 4 yet (going to wait until it's finished and watch it over the course of a couple nights).

I don't have any background whatsoever reading comics, so I'm curious: what was so horrible about volumes 2 and 3? I'll admit that I liked volume 1 best, sure, but didn't find 2 and 3 to be that bad.

I haven't watched any of Volume 4 yet (going to wait until it's finished and watch it over the course of a couple nights).

I believed it would be best compared to an anime. There are episodes that focus on the story line, and then there are fillers. Fillers are generally... well... there to fill the series with unrelated pieces of story to make the series seem longer. I'd say most people don't like them, others do, so it really just comes down to preference. Trust me, I don't think a company would want a series that makes them so much money to end so quickly. Same applies to anime, hence the comparison. But that's just my take :<

The pacing of 2 was bad and flyboy West was probably the worst character ever introduced in the series, and it didn't help that he actor playing him couldn't act.

Still they introduced some great characters, like Adam Monroe and Elle.

Volume 3 tossed consistent characterization to the winds and killed off anyone interesting from Volume 2 (Adam and Elle). They would also introduce an interesting story idea and immediately resolve it (or forget about it) by the end of the episode. They didn't let anything play out; it was constantly shifting gears and had no clear direction.

Volume 4 is a nearly complete 180 from Volume 3. They've picked one storyline and they're pretty much sticking to it, which is nice because you don't have to constantly re-adjust to characters deciding they want to be good guys this week instead of bad guys like they were last week. The character development actually makes a little more sense this time around. Plus it has Zircon music, so how can you go wrong? :|

And yes, it's mostly due to Bryan Fuller returning to the show as a consultant/writer (he wrote last week's Cold Snap, which was just amazing). It's almost worth losing Pushing Daisies for. Almost.

yes i'm still bitter at you ABC :whatevaa:

That Hulu site won´t let me see the episode cuz I live outside USA, thank God that Youtube exists!!! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01xmRv0LC6w

From 1:45 till 2:00 ;)

Oh, and btw, congrats to Zircon, the new "Man" OF ocr! (heck! he's overshadowing the pretzel! :o )

Having never "Warheads" and seeing this clip, my first thoughts were of "We have explosives" by Future Sound of London..

edit: No.. that's not it.. I meant "Loops of Fury" by Chemical Brothers. Both were on teh WipeoutXL soundtrack.

Today I finally got around to watching the latest episode. The clip's a teasingly short 30 seconds or so, but it's sweet. Certainly never expected to recognize an OCR artist's music playing on a popular network TV show!

Here's to hoping there's a big fat check on its way, at the end of the next 6 months. ;-)

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/47784.html

Warhead is also going to appear (under the name "H-Bomb") in the new Wheelman game from Ubisoft. You can hear it in this trailer (thanks Hy-Bound for the link!) - they liked it so much that they used it twice.

This reminds me why I like GameTrailers so much more than G4. Funny how everything in the game got mediocre responses, with the sole exception of the stellar soundtrack! Again, congratulations. KF