OC ReMix BitTorrent Distribution: Issues; also SEEDERS WANTED

djpretzel

I apologize if this question has been asked before, but I didn't want to read through twenty five pages. For the record I did read through the last one.

I downloaded the torrents for the first 1500 mixes, and only have 1390 files. I redownloaded them to the same folder and I'm not getting any more. Is this a common problem?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Well i am dling the torrent and well like almost all the songs sort of got mixed together like i will try and listen to it and its like at least 3 other songs smached together soo umm yeah ... did i do something wrong in dling them some how?
http://bt.ocremix.org]Do not try to play ReMixes while the download is in progress. The songs you listen to will very likely be messed up and sound like they contain pieces of several songs in them. Once your bit torrent client finishes the download, all the songs downloaded will sound like they are supposed to. Seriously. Have some faith.

• 2 weeks later...
Now that I've moved into the city and have a great high-speed cable connection(10Mb down/1Mb up), I can seed all the torrents permanently! It's the least I can do for the community that;s given me so much aural enjoyment over the years :D

I read "aural" as "oral". Man I'm perverted...

I'm not seeding right now because I'm on vacation back to my house, and because I always leave my torrents up until my ratio hits 10.0 or more. I may put them back on when I get back to college.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I use Azureus v 2.5.0.0 on this machine, and every time I try to open the Kirby's Adventure - Rise of the Star torrent file that is linked on the front page, I get a "Wrong Parameter Usage" error.

Is this just me?

Every other torrent is working fine...trying to get this on another computer, and manually downloading the tracks is ENTIRELY too much work.

:P I was being sarcastic. If it's not working by tommorrow night, I'll go download them myself.

I downloaded the latest version of Azureus...two days ago? Yeah. Thursday.

I'm just wondering if it's just me or if it's an issue with the .torrent file - was trying to see if anyone else was having problems.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to ask this question, I tried looking around but I couldn't find any information on when a new torrent would be released that would contain the next 500 mp3 remixes. I love the OC Remix music, but I hate having to go by each individual song and download it - it's very convenient to just be able to do a mass torrent download of all the songs. So, I was curious if there was an estimate on when the next torrent pack would be released. The current two seem to have been out for quite some time now, so I thought that perhaps the new torrent would be released soon. I also realize that there are other torrents out there for specific compilations, but I'm talking about being able to get another massive 500+ songs from various games added to my music library.

Thanks for any kind of response! :)

• 3 weeks later...

All of the downloading that I've done from the site has been on an individual song basis. I've reached the point now that I'd like to wipe the slate clean, so to speak, and download all the songs from this site.

Is there anything like that?

I have tried using torrents, but for some reason, they don't work on my computer. It's a Mac Pro.

Is there anything like that that I can use to get all the songs off of OCR?

On second thought, I may have just answered my own question

TRIPLE POST!!!

I do hve a question though. On the bittorrent download page for ocr, it says not to seed too much. I'm completely new to this. Wikipedia definitly helped me understand what a peer, seeder, etc. is, but I don't know how to manage my seeding, if that makes sense. I'm using the mac bittorrent client.

What is a good seeding range, so to speak? What about peers? Any general info would be wonderful!!

At this moment I have 5 seeds and 8 peers for the 1-1000 song list. It's been hovering around this the entire time so far. Anything I need to do to help it move along?