OC ReMix BitTorrent Distribution: Issues; also SEEDERS WANTED

djpretzel

If you're actually willing to wait that long for the next torrent (1601-1700 won't be out for a few more months at least), then you can use uTorrent or Azureus to download it, and then set the priority to "Delete" for the songs you don't like.

Otherwise, downloading each track as it comes out is fine. Using the Last.fm link might help, but I don't know if you can actually download from it.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I have been trying to run the torrents on my vps server, and the trouble seems to be that i am not getting enough peers to seed to.

I am trying to figure out if this is a trouble with my config, or if its part of the the tracker here. I am only able to see 1/4-1/2 of the peers that the web page of the tracker is reporting.

Why i am bothering with this?

I have not been able to upload at the fullest rate, only about 1/4 of my actual bandwidth

(e.g. my connection supports 1.35 Megabytes per sec upload, and im only uploading about 300 Kilobytes/s)

ive been seeding the OCR00001 to OCR01000 torrent, and today (about 12 hrs) i was only able to upload 31 gigabytes, instead of the max of 60-70.

Anyone have any ideas what might be wrong?

• 2 weeks later...

I have no clue whether or not this has yet been pointed out or if this is like a 'duh' moment.. I searched the forum for anything resembling my commentary but found 50 pages full of nothing. So.. here goes.

I recently downloaded the torrents, all of them actually. (Say, in the night of yesterday to today. XD)

But there's two.. no, three things bothering me.

OCR0001 to OCR1000... Contains 868 songs, not 1000.

OCR1001 to OCR1600... Contains 591 songs, not 600.

That means that from the first torrent, 132 songs are missing, and the second torrent misses 9, bringing that to a total of 141 missing songs.

The third thing bothering me is actually a weird problem.

I cant download the Kirby album. Firefox tells me it's the 'wrong parameter'... while other torrents download just fine.

I downloaded the Kirby album song-by-song from their webpage's media mirror, but still it's weird the torrent wouldn't work.

EDIT: Never mind the missing song question, I seemed to have found my answer on http://www.ocremix.org/info/ReMix_Changelog ....

Though, the Kirby question still stands.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm assuming that you're saying that you have say...all the songs up to 1500 and you want the newest 100. If that's the case, you can still download the torrent and only select the newest 100 for download. Most torrent clients such as utorrent can do that.

I'm assuming that you're saying that you have say...all the songs up to 1500 and you want the newest 100. If that's the case, you can still download the torrent and only select the newest 100 for download. Most torrent clients such as utorrent can do that.

We don't make it easy to do something like that; the mixes don't have filenames showing what their ReMix number is. However, as long as you've kept the MP3s untouched, you can download the torrent into the same folder all of those ReMixes are in, and you should be able to just pick up the new ones.

Also, the ongoing OCR01000-2000 torrent is only updated every 100 mixes. We'll be updating it soon when ReMix #1700 comes out (we're on mix #1696). To download individual tracks, get to the respective ReMix page and click the download tab. Links to DL the mix should show up.

Is there some kind of ordered list though?

Because on the preview list, it's all alphabetical and it'd be a bit hard to separate them.

We don't make it easy to do something like that; the mixes don't have filenames showing what their ReMix number is. However, as long as you've kept the MP3s untouched, you can download the torrent into the same folder all of those ReMixes are in, and you should be able to just pick up the new ones.

Can you elaborate more?

Do I have to download the torrent containing the whole second batch of songs again?

Is there some kind of ordered list though?

Because on the preview list, it's all alphabetical and it'd be a bit hard to separate them.

http://www.ocremix.org/remixes/?&offset=1350&sort=dateasc

You can also sort ReMixes by system, title, ReMixer, composer, and song length. Lurk more! Click more! :tomatoface:

Can you elaborate more?

Do I have to download the torrent containing the whole second batch of songs again?

As long as you've kept the MP3s untouched, you can download the torrent into the same folder all of those ReMixes are in, and you should be able to just pick up the new ones.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I can seed; I am on a college connection that is ABSURDLY fast. The only problem is, they filter the download of .torrent files (but they don't filter torrent traffic). So if someone wants to send me the actual .torrent files via AIM or something, that'd be awesome.

Just get tor or use a proxy when you need to download .torrent files. Thats what I do.

I'm @ college as well. I'm uploading @ 400kb/s split between the two big song packs and voices of the life stream. I'll seed for a while since I'm at school for at least another month :P.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, first post, long time listener.

I have a question concerning torrents, actually. I'm a pretty computer savvy guy, so I don't need to know how it works or any of that, my question is far simpler:

Do the torrent files (that is, the big ones, 1-1000 and 1001-1700) contain ALL of the OCRemix songs on the site (excluding the ones in between the updates, a la 1709 or 1734)? That is, if I download those two torrents, do I have everything OCR has to offer?

And since I'm typing out questions, how do you guys keep the torrents organized? If I've downloaded 1-1000 once and you guys update the other to 1001-1800, I don't need to download 1-1000 again, do I? I read above that you don't make it easy to simply download the newest 100 (something I'm not sure I understand), but surely the complete big groups (the 1000s) are not messed around with at each update?

Sorry if any of this is confusing...it's like, 5 in the morning. :-/

[Edit:]

Woah for two reasons:

1) This is a sizable bump. Didn't realize that it had been a good month and a half since this thread was active.

2) The standard layout for the page has newer posts at the top. What a mindfuck.

That is, if I download those two torrents, do I have everything OCR has to offer?

And since I'm typing out questions, how do you guys keep the torrents organized? If I've downloaded 1-1000 once and you guys update the other to 1001-1800, I don't need to download 1-1000 again, do I? I read above that you don't make it easy to simply download the newest 100 (something I'm not sure I understand), but surely the complete big groups (the 1000s) are not messed around with at each update?QUOTE]

1. You will have downloaded all the main OCReMixes since the last update. You won't have downloaded the project albums, which their own individual torrents.

2. The 1-1000 torrent will remain unchanged until they decide to merge at a later date, (probably to 1-2000). They don't mess with it

One last question, then:

If I download every torrent, will that mean I've downloaded everything OCR has to offer (once again, not including the songs between the updates, a la 1734)?

[Edit:]

Editted for typo and clarity.

• 1 month later...

I'm sure this has been brought up a million times before, but can someone explain to me how to use bit torrents? I've read the instructions on the bit torrent page at least ten times but none of it makes sense to me. Maybe a step-by-step would help?

In order for you to use torrents, you first need a torrenting program. There are a whole lot of them out there, but I personally recommend UTorrent.

After downloading a torrent program, you need to next find yourself a file to torrent. For this, we will be using ocr's own torrents as an example.

Scenario:

Oh hey, I see "Relics of the Chozo". IMA GET IT!!

x0rxnm.png

Click on the link to get the torrent file. If you are using firefox, it will come up like this below.

j5utcp.png

I usually click open, but you can save the torrent file if you want. Anyway, after you open it, a screen will pop up asking what files from the torrent you would wish to download. Usually torrents are multi file, so you can choose specific things you want from it, but this torrent is a RAR, so only one file is listed.

2aflcfb.png

Click okay once you selected all the files you want to get, sit back, and enjoy!

Seeds and Leechers are important to watch for. The more seeders there are, the faster the torrent will download, but watch out for them leechers. The more leechers there are, the slower the torrent will download for you since you are also said leecher when getting a torrent. Make sure to monitor the ratio. The lower the seeder/leecher ratio is, the longer you are going to have to expect to get a torrent you want.

If you need any other help, feel free to contact me via ocr or aim.

*sorry it took me long to get back to you. had a phone call do deal with*