OC ReMix BitTorrent Distribution: Issues; also SEEDERS WANTED

djpretzel

I suppose this is what happens when we sit on our asses too long; I do appreciate the sentiment & work involved, but we manage our own torrent releases and our tracker only tracks our own, internally managed torrents. I'm closing this thread... I'd prefer the torrent be removed, but whatever - I'll try and make sure we do our own 1000-1850 torrent this weekend.

• 3 months later...

Hey, I've just registered to ask this question, but I may stick around- it's an awesome place.... I'm pretty new to the remix community, but I plan to stick around and try my hand at it myself.

Anyways, I just downloaded the two torrents of everything, (partly since it's awesome music, and partly to study how to do it myself), and I'm wondering (and maybe the information's here somewhere, I'm just missing it) when the second torrent is current to?

Basically, I just want to make sure I have everything, and I don't know how long ago I need to start searching.

Thanks!

no, those are songs that were re-evaluated after having been on the site some time, and determined that they shouldn't have made it onto the site in the first place

despite that, numbers were not reassigned, so that's how you have missing numbers

if you're still interested in them, there's a collection of a decent amount (I don't think we have all of them) here: http://www.doulifee.com/Storage/OC_Removed/

• 2 weeks later...

Whenever I try to download the 1001-1900 torrent, it starts up and then about 15 seconds later I get an Error: Access is denied. and it stops. I have all of the older remixes from the older 1-1500 torrents already in the same torrent so I'm only trying to download the newer remixes. Am I doing something wrong? I haven't been bad, have I? :puppyeyes:

Whenever I try to download the 1001-1900 torrent, it starts up and then about 15 seconds later I get an Error: Access is denied. and it stops. I have all of the older remixes from the older 1-1500 torrents already in the same torrent so I'm only trying to download the newer remixes. Am I doing something wrong? I haven't been bad, have I? :puppyeyes:

Is it an error from Windows or your BitTorrent program itself?

• 1 month later...

I was wondering how current the 2 main torrents take you. I apologize if this has been asked before I searched the fourms the best I could but couldn't find a solid answer beyond that its past August sometime :)

Anywho, does anyone happen to know what date would most recent addition to the torrent? Also I checked a few albums and they dont appear in there is this normal for all Albums?

The two torrents will take you up to remix 1900, which was posted on September 4th. The site just posted #1939 a few days ago, so you'll only have to grab 39 songs to complete your collection.

Albums have their own torrents, so they are not included in the main two.

Thank you for your quick reply. Where can you see the number associated with the song? I tried to find it on some recent ones but couldn't find it

I've downloaded the torrents for 1-1000 and 1001-1900. The download gives me 1759 files, and as I understand, the discrepancy is because of the removed ReMiX's. No prob. The problem I have is when I select all the files and drag them into iTunes, and reselect them all in iTunes, it only shows 1757 songs at the bottom. I have no idea how if I drag 1759 songs into iTunes, I only get 1757 songs. I can even drag all files onto the Winamp playlist and it will recognize all 1759.

Does anyone have any theories about why iTunes doesn't recognize the missing two? Could there be an album title discrepency because I am searching for them by "www.ocremix.org"?

• 1 month later...
I feel so stupid right now... maybe I'm computer challenged or it's because I have a Mac... but I can't seem to get these torrents to work... I'm probably not even doing this right O_o I clicked the link... it downloaded some file... I clicked that, it opened opera (which I don't even think I have, which is weird in itself-- I can't find it anywhere in my finder), and it said something about a transfer. but nothing seemed to happen. A folder suddenly (and immediately) showed up in my downloads folder, with 241 remixes, but the number didn't change, and no new remixes were added. the whole time, the progress bar said 0%, and it didn't seem to be doing anything anywhere else in the window: everywhere indicated that opera wasn't doing anything at all. I'm really confused. How is a program that's not on my computer suddenly downloading almost 250 files, yet not doing anything at all?! Did I miss something here?

It's not because you have a mac. :P

I mean, it worked for me. Google "transmission torrent" and download the program. Dunno how well Opera works as a torrent client, but I think Transmission could be easier to use.

Do you know how torrents work? Basically, the file you downloaded contains info on how to piece the remixes together from parts the program downloads from other ppl instead of from a central server (like the mirrors on the remixes' download pages).

As with any download, you need the data in it and not just the name and extension. :P Check the file sizes, they shouldn't be very large. Keep the program open for a while and it should connect and start downloading. it'll take a while tho, but you can stop the download and close the program, open it again later (eg. if you need to shut the computer at night) and it'll pick up where it was before (after connecting).

If you need more info on torrents, google it or read on wikipedia.

I've downloaded the torrents for 1-1000 and 1001-1900. The download gives me 1759 files, and as I understand, the discrepancy is because of the removed ReMiX's. No prob. The problem I have is when I select all the files and drag them into iTunes, and reselect them all in iTunes, it only shows 1757 songs at the bottom. I have no idea how if I drag 1759 songs into iTunes, I only get 1757 songs. I can even drag all files onto the Winamp playlist and it will recognize all 1759.

Does anyone have any theories about why iTunes doesn't recognize the missing two? Could there be an album title discrepency because I am searching for them by "www.ocremix.org"?

Sorry nobody's replied to this before. Dunno about iTunes on windows, but on mac there's at least two remixes that iTunes can't load, from God of War and Zelda ALttP iirc. Larry had apparently fixed a lot of mp3-related problems with the torrents, dunno if the updated torrent uses those updated ones. Check if you have a god of war remix, and post here. Larry might need to know.

• 2 months later...

Hello.

I have been here and there on this site for a year or so and I've had no problems downloading torrents from thursday and earlier.

However that has all changed tonight.

I tried every single ocremix album torrent, every file individually, together, grouped, etc. and it is not downloading at all!

It'll say it's downloading, find peers and seeds, and do nothing!

I've tried the port test on utorrent, and it says "this port is not open but you'll still be able to download."

Nothing has changed on the router or in my wireless settings. I don't know what to do!

Can someone please help? And also, I'd like to see if it's a wifi adapter/card issue before the router first please. Thank you very much.

edit: I disabled windows firewall completely, nothing happened!

Well I did install three programs earlier, enhance my 7ven, windows 7 manager, and win7zilla. I used all the optimizations i could on those three (network optimization, speed optimization, memory optimization, etc.) and then when done uninstalled them.

WLAN card: Atheros ar928x

CPU: Intel Core 2 duo p8800

Ram: 4GB DDR2 ram

HD: 500gb 5400rpm hard drive

Vid card: Ati mobility 4670

please help!

I am guessing your ISP blocks torrents, try torrenting through a free proxy(will be slow, but will work). You could also try it on another port, or download through TOR, although that is discouraged by other users of the service it probably will work. and did it connect you to any peers or seeds? It also may just be that your connection is too slow/hogged by another program/torrenter on your network. What is your upload/download speed?

ex(for no peers or seeds):

peers: 0(40) seeders: 0(10)

ex(for connections):

peers: 4(10) seeders: 2(5)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...