djpretzel

OC ReMix BitTorrent Distribution: Issues; also SEEDERS WANTED

i'm just wondering, because i'm not quite sure, but how often do you guys release more torrents?

i've been considering downloading all the most recent songs since i wasn't sure how long i'd have to wait before a new torrent with all the new songs game out.

*seeds*

Not sure if anyone else is getting this error, but I noticed about 12 hours ago http://bt.ocremix.org/announce is presenting the error 'Tracker sending invalid data: <NULL>.' (This appears in the Trackers tab in uTorrent. I'm using version 1.8.1)

The number of peers is currently displayed as '-112'.

Not sure if this is actually having an adverse effect, but I thought I should make sure just in case.

Not sure if anyone else is getting this error, but I noticed about 12 hours ago http://bt.ocremix.org/announce is presenting the error 'Tracker sending invalid data: <NULL>.' (This appears in the Trackers tab in uTorrent. I'm using version 1.8.1)

The number of peers is currently displayed as '-112'.

Not sure if this is actually having an adverse effect, but I thought I should make sure just in case.

I think Aubrey's been trying to fix it, as he was aware of whatever the problem was when it first happened last night, but no doubt about it, something got extremely funked up.

Would this website be helped by a Euro mirror at all? To host remixes I mean, not torrents...

I'm looking at a host right now that would give me 167GB of traffic every day, and the transfer speeds seem promising - at least if downloading from a computer located in Europe. Bandwidth still seems to be an issue for this website and if I could help there I'd be very happy to. I need to look up some of the details but the web host seems very very nice.

Would it be possible to get some ballpark figures of the average amount of traffic generated by remix downloads every month, in total, from all 3 mirrors (but not torrents)?

Im not sure how this with torrents work at all. I downloaded the newest Street Fighter album and my upload isnt the best.

So my question is. When i seed does it help at all or am i only "in the way"?

Every little bit helps, as far as I know. I often download things pretty quickly when there's lots of seeders that can only give me a few kB/s each.

Every little bit helps, as far as I know. I often download things pretty quickly when there's lots of seeders that can only give me a few kB/s each.

Aha okey, thanks.

I feel so stupid right now... maybe I'm computer challenged or it's because I have a Mac... but I can't seem to get these torrents to work... I'm probably not even doing this right O_o I clicked the link... it downloaded some file... I clicked that, it opened opera (which I don't even think I have, which is weird in itself-- I can't find it anywhere in my finder), and it said something about a transfer. but nothing seemed to happen. A folder suddenly (and immediately) showed up in my downloads folder, with 241 remixes, but the number didn't change, and no new remixes were added. the whole time, the progress bar said 0%, and it didn't seem to be doing anything anywhere else in the window: everywhere indicated that opera wasn't doing anything at all. I'm really confused. How is a program that's not on my computer suddenly downloading almost 250 files, yet not doing anything at all?! Did I miss something here?

I gotta question and a suggestion for torrents (and files)

Question: What is the 1700th remix? (Where does the torrent stop?) I've had the first 2 torrents that went up to like...1500 i think? I cant remember, I dl'd that torrent when it first dropped and I havent downloaded EVERY OCR since then, so I dunno where it stops on the new ones.

Suggestion: Is there any way in the future to number the tracks, or include a text file that does so (in order of the release on site).

__

I know I sound kinda retarded in what Im asking, but I have all of my OCRs in 1 folder, and I've downloaded some here and there, so I dont know how far back I need to go to get back up to date.

I don't know how to sort them in order of time, but the number of remix is in the URL... sorting them would be a nice feature, though...

EDIT: I just realized that the URL numbers actually go higher than the number of ReMixes. I'll bet it's probably due to the remixes that have been taken down for various reasons. So ignore this post.

EDIT 2: I also just figured out that you can type the number you need into the url. 1700 is http://www.ocremix.org/remix/OCR01700/ (from Ookami, if the link doesn't show up...)

Hey everyone, I was just wondering if there was any word on when a new torrent for the remixes up through 1800 is gonna show up? It's been a while since 1001-1700 got released and I was just curious if we could look forward to a new one soon or if I should resign myself to downloading the songs one at a time. So yeah, any info would be great! And yes, I searched before posting, but if I missed some relevant info, please forgive me. :<

Is something up with 1001-1700 Ive been trying to get it all day and its still at 0% I've picked up every other torrent no problem.... This one just refuses to go. More then happy to seed for a few days while i am out of town.... but I wants it.

Remind me why there still isn't a 1001-1800 torrent? Last remix to be posted was #1855...

Might just wait for 1900, or do an 1850 one, but I'm still waiting for some album art. I wanna do it right.

Are the tags going to get switched with the new torrent, so that you have to redownload all of the mixes? Just curious. I remember reading something about that a while ago.

Are the tags going to get switched with the new torrent, so that you have to redownload all of the mixes? Just curious. I remember reading something about that a while ago.

That's my plan. This would be a much more consistently tagged set of mixes.

I was wondering that very thing not 2 weeks ago. I just donwloaded em all manually, took me an hour. I'll put together a 1701-1800 torrent here, hang tight.