OC ReMix BitTorrent Distribution: Issues; also SEEDERS WANTED

djpretzel

I just finished downloading both torrents and noticed there is one remix included that is no longer on the site:

Pilotwings 64 - ClearSkies - Remix of "Birdman" by Scott Peeples.

Just thought I would bring that to somebody's attention. (My apologies if this is old news.)

Yeah, I already knew about that one. Dunno when we'll redo the 1-1000 torrent though. That'll eventually be fixed. Thanks for the reminder!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not even sure that this is still open or whatever, but I've been seeding since I've downloaded these. I think I'm at about an 11:1 ratio of seeded:downloaded...and every once in a while I'll upload at something silly like 2 megs per second (college internet is kinda odd).

So, jeah. I don't plan on deleting mine any time soon, either.

• 2 weeks later...

The tech department at this college is more likely not to know what a torrent is.

I have little faith in this college as it is, since the net is so shaky.

A little slow down is understandable, but when the internet goes down on campus for days at a time, it's just stupid.

The tech department at this college is more likely not to know what a torrent is.

I have little faith in this college as it is, since the net is so shaky.

A little slow down is understandable, but when the internet goes down on campus for days at a time, it's just stupid.

I'd like to call bs on the techies at your college not knowing what Bittorrent is. I was a tech for my college at one point and took advantage of the position quite well... They got to be hicks not to know about torrent technology...

I'd be wary of them, especially if they try to pin something on you to distract others from their "activities"...

most don't, and pretty much if you ask too many questions most will just ban your ip for a short time until you stop asking said questions.

And that is why you phone or talk face to face and avoid things like room number or computer name.

As for the crappy network up-time, it may not actually be ITs fault (not to say there isn't a good chance of it). Lack of funding to upgrade network hardware is a problem among many schools and businesses. I've known a few places where the finance department has "forgotten" to pay the ISP, or the ISP contract says once the limit is reached, the connection is pretty much cut.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not sure if anyone else is getting this error, but I noticed about 12 hours ago http://bt.ocremix.org/announce is presenting the error 'Tracker sending invalid data: <NULL>.' (This appears in the Trackers tab in uTorrent. I'm using version 1.8.1)

The number of peers is currently displayed as '-112'.

Not sure if this is actually having an adverse effect, but I thought I should make sure just in case.

Not sure if anyone else is getting this error, but I noticed about 12 hours ago http://bt.ocremix.org/announce is presenting the error 'Tracker sending invalid data: <NULL>.' (This appears in the Trackers tab in uTorrent. I'm using version 1.8.1)

The number of peers is currently displayed as '-112'.

Not sure if this is actually having an adverse effect, but I thought I should make sure just in case.

I think Aubrey's been trying to fix it, as he was aware of whatever the problem was when it first happened last night, but no doubt about it, something got extremely funked up.