Spike Video Game Awards 2009 - Tonight @ 8 ET

big giant circles

this would be a great thing if the same games weren't nominated for EVERY CATEGORY

at least 5 of the categories had 3 games from the "game of the year" category and then one other wildcard to appease people, and there are multiple categories that have the same 6 games scattered through them over and over. there is no variety to choose from.

at least they're letting people vote though

This is kinda stupid. Most of the games I see here are just ultraviolent blood-and-gore games. But fuck it, I'm voting for whatever games I know.

Edit: Quit voting after third category. It's like these lists were made by 12-year-old X-Box fanboys.

Or by Spike TV? What do you expect?

Voted, regardless. Plugged L4D2 as much as possible, of course - not that it'll do much good against Call of Doody.

Thing that annoyed me the most is that at least three of the games that were nominated came out two days ago and about a day before the awards were announced.

Left 4 Dead 2

Super Mario Bros. Wii

Assassins' Creed 2

You'd think there would be a cutoff point.

^ This. How can Left 4 Dead 2 already be the GAME OF THE YEAR, anyway?

Edit: Quit voting after third category. It's like these lists were made by 12-year-old X-Box fanboys.

I'd agree with this statement for the most part, though Dragon's Souls got nominated for best RPG. It may be deserving of it, but I really didn't see it coming considering this is an awards show where 3 of the 4 nominees for best soundtrack are music games like Guitar Hero, Rock Band, etc.

• 4 weeks later...
For people complaining about how the awards are primarily centered around the big Xbox games... who do you think the largest demographic for games is? Not us. We're niche gamers.

Also, supposedly some of my music was used for this, but I dunno where. Post if you hear it!

I can't say I heard it, but I wasn't paying attention either. That's awesome man, where did you hear your stuff was in here?

But, as previously mentioned, this is Spike. I mainly watch for the World Premieres.

That's the spirit. :)