OCR02077 - Fallout 3 "The Fallout of Eli"

djpretzel

This is awesome. The production is super slick and really fitting for the tone of the mix itself and the source material. I've never seen the Book of Eli, but I really liked Fallout 3 - it had a pretty incredible atmosphere, and this mix captures it really well. Not necessarily what I expected when I saw Mazedude's name on the front page, but I'm really impressed with the final product.

The 'original' music from Fallout 3 isn't something I would have considered particularly memorable, but I do recognize a couple of those melodies! I'm also on my second playthrough because I purchased all of the DLC. Started with it and it makes the game a lot easier. It's like maxing out your level 'before' you start the actual game. Anyway, this mix is great and put together well. I didn't notice the piano was all fuzzed out until I read the write-up. My stereo hides some of that stuff, I should have listened with headphones. :-P

I'm in the 'Wait, Fallout 3 had original music?' camp, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying the mix. The first 2 minutes or so make a really awesome atmosphere, and it picks up in a pretty satisfying way while still keeping the great piano and weird industrialish sounds. Even though I don't recognize any source in this, it's still a great track regardless. Definitely a download for me!

Who is this Mazedude guy, and why have I never heard of him? :<

I really enjoyed Book of Eli, and I'm actually currently playing through Fallout 3 for my first time right now. I really enjoyed this piece, and wow, it brought a lot to the table. Very creative stuff, and pretty unique. Very refreshing in a world of desolate bleakness (the Fallout 3 landscape, I mean).

I love how many chords are sortof smeared around to create an interesting feel. There's a split second of unease as things get sonically shifted around, but the sense of relief when they resolve is really cool. The sound palate is solid and very effective, and the arrangement flow is very fitting to what i'd imagine the game world to be like.

Soaring but desolate. Fantastic collaboration. :-)

This is one of my favourite songs to come out of this website. It really draws you into the song, and the piano is so haunting. This is an amazing remix, and should I possess any talent in music, I'd critique you; alas, I do not, but this is amazing.

Ah, the book of eli. Where the soundtrack was really the only great thing about it (other than some damn fine acting.)

What to say here, other than I am totally and unabashedly digging it? I've kind of wanted to see what the Maze Dude could come up with going a bit darker - I always found that when he had those more burtonesque stretches in his tracks where things got all dark and twisted were some of the greatest. Not to say he sounded like danny elfman, just that he could have stood in for him in some movies :D

Oh right, seem to have lost my train of thought. Oh wait, there it is.

The track is pretty cool. Not as chippy as the average maze, not that it would inherently work for this. Not really familiar with the fallout 3 OST, have friends that play it religiously but I never have had the time. So that said, no idea how well it takes the source.

As far as being a standalone track then, this is pretty cool. I love the mood set up here, the production, while not stellar, has an awesome feel to it that I can't quite quantify. Those leads are fantastic, I love the emotion in it all.

Yup, nothing constructive here except some gushing. Carry on, carry on.

Now this is something special indeed! I am so glad Fallout 3 finally got some love, and, some love it got indeed! The whole mood, and feel of the music really gets me thinking back to the wastelands...and makes me all the more excited for new Vegas!

• 2 weeks later...

On the one hand, this is not what you'd usually hear from Mazedude (of course, since it's a collab), but on the other hand, it still has more than enough Mazedude-ish elements in it to make it obvious that this his work. The choice of sounds, the feeling of hopelessness, the desolate landscapes it conjures, the creepiness. This. Is. Awesome.

The piano stands out in particular. Used very nicely, especially around 2:30 and 4:30.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

The atmosphere mixed with the piano really makes this tense in the beginning, which was awesome. A bit unsettling even. Pretty good considering the game it's ReMixed from. It's like a mechanical beauty, especially with those emotional drums. Way to bring the wasteland to life.

• 4 weeks later...

As I was playing Fallout 3, I noticed there was a lack of musical presence except every so often. When I found this track I loaded up the game and played along and it was nice to have an atmospheric piece to play the game to. The piano is one of the strongest parts of the piece and it goes along nicely with the theme of the game. As someone else said, way to bring life to the Wastelands!

• 3 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02077 - Fallout 3 "The Fallout of Eli"