Mega Man: The Wily Castle Remix Gauntlet 2013

DarkeSword

I need a good e. piano, I used a couple that come with reason factory soundbank but they weren't any good for leads so I just used it for background harmonies. Where can I find this good and free soundfont?

Best one I've ever heard is the Kontakt Scarbee Mark I. I first heard about it from Amphibious a few years ago. It's what I used in "Lights Out". It ain't free though heh :-P

Here's the one that I linked. I do hope it helps, good sir.

Much appreciated.

Best one I've ever heard is the Kontakt Scarbee Mark I. I first heard about it from Amphibious a few years ago. It's what I used in "Lights Out". It ain't free though heh :-P

Yeah I can't really afford to buy new stuff atm, as my budget is really tight and I just bought reason 7 a few months ago. Hopefully if I release something in the future and it recieves some support I may be able to buy dem expensiv samples and/or synths :P

Yeah I can't really afford to buy new stuff atm, as my budget is really tight and I just bought reason 7 a few months ago. Hopefully if I release something in the future and it recieves some support I may be able to buy dem expensiv samples and/or synths :P

Yeah it's kinda pricey. NI stuff goes on sale all the time though. When I got it a few years ago it was on sale for like $49 or something. It might have been around the holidays I think.

Yeah it's kinda pricey. NI stuff goes on sale all the time though. When I got it a few years ago it was on sale for like $49 or something. It might have been around the holidays I think.

Yup, I got both Evolve Mutations libraries for like $90. Best investment I've ever made

EDIT: The bundle's even been made pretty cheap when it's not on sale. If anyone wants cinematic stuff, I recommend it

I could use some good cymbal swell samples. Some drum samples in general wouldn't hurt

You could get that kind of effect simply by pairing a cymbal and a reverse cymbal, lining it up, and softening the transients. Other than that, if you're talking about the slow orchestral cymbal rolls, you could try the CymbalRoll_4.sf2 file from Nutritious's FL template (although it seriously sounds like one sample mapped across a bunch of keys >_>). That's what you get for free, afaik.

Edited by timaeus222

You could get that kind of effect simply by pairing a cymbal and a reverse cymbal, lining it up, and softening the transients. Other than that, if you're talking about the slow orchestral cymbal rolls, you could try the CymbalRoll_4.sf2 file from Nutritious's FL template (although it seriously sounds like one sample mapped across a bunch of keys >_>). That's what you get for free, afaik.

I would do that with the transients, but I literally can't even find any reverse cymbals in the drum sets in Logic X.X

I would do that with the transients, but I literally can't even find any reverse cymbals in the drum sets in Logic X.X

I'm in no way an expert on Logic Pro, but it sounds like you're saying there isn't a reverse function in it. If you get Audacity which is free, I guess you could use that to export a bunch of cymbals reversed. I'd expect the drum kits in Logic to reference samples from somewhere.

I'm in no way an expert on Logic Pro, but it sounds like you're saying there isn't a reverse function in it. If you get Audacity which is free, I guess you could use that to export a bunch of cymbals reversed. I'd expect the drum kits in Logic to reference samples from somewhere.

You know... Logic *does* have a reverse function, but it never occurred to me to reverse an existing cymbal sample XD

Oh, sooo close to the >1 point threshold, good job Trism!... though I'm frankly stunned that Ragebot Massacre did so poorly. It just barely missed my top 3 after a lot of deliberation.

Just submitted my entry. I honestly have no idea how it's going to be received. Wish I had time to painstakingly tweak compression and EQ, but I need to sleep and frankly I'm not that good at it anyway. Looking forward to feedback on it in any event.

Rising Noise Effect

-------------------

For Logic you can use an "ES P" for I/O with only white noise and automate the CutOff. Lower values to higher values will rise the pitch. Slap a LoPass filter plugin and automate the frequency to enhance its entrance.

EQ > SingleBand > Low Pass Filter > Stereo

On another note my track sounds different in WAV than MP3 as if it didn't use my samples for the lead instrument. Is this normal or do I have to do anything special when rendering?

Edited by shadow24

On another note my track sounds different in WAV than MP3 as if it didn't use my samples for the lead instrument. Is this normal or do I have to do anything special when rendering?

Your comment is a little unclear. Do mean they're missing? I know sometimes samples can get left out when interpolation settings are changed, or it could be some other bug. I'd try fiddling with the settings. If it comes down to it, you can also render at the highest bitrate mp3 you can, then rerender that mp3 as a wave.

Oh, sooo close to the >1 point threshold, good job Trism!... though I'm frankly stunned that Ragebot Massacre did so poorly. It just barely missed my top 3 after a lot of deliberation.

Holy shit, I didn't realise anyone had voted for me! Many thanks to those that did! :D

Looking forward to the next round, can't wait to see what twists and turns Darke has in store for us!