Games you play for Halloween?

nOkbient

I'm kind of weird. I play specific games on specific seasons. As it is the FIRST official day of Octoberween, It's not time for me to play:

Jetpak minigame on DK 64

Castlevania III and IV

Super Mario Bros. 2

Ghosts n Goblins (WHICH I'VE YET TO BEAT AAAAGGGHHH)

Chrono Trigger

Banjo Tooie

Aaaaaand the Animal Crossing games!

Does anyone have any games that YOU play during fall or on halloween?

I play (and die at) Ghosts and Goblins around this time. I also usually go through the Haunted House levels in Super Mario World and Mario 64, as well as DKC2 (darker atmosphere, kinda fits even with non-haunted areas). Anything else is coincidence for me.

Oh man, I totally have a Halloween/Harvest Festival thing every October for my game playing. I developed a weird kinship thing out of the Autumn Smoky Mountain Appalachian atmosphere and games like Secret of Evermore. Reminds me of the good old days before I went totally batshit crazy. :)

Not all my games are horror-themed but I typically try to get in any of the following:

* Secret of Mana

* Arcana (SNES)

* Castlevania Dracula X

* Super Castlevania IV

* Zombies Ate my Neighbors

* Ghoul Patrol (I don't care what anyone says, this game was as good as ZAMN)

* Secret of Evermore

* Breath of Fire I

* Castlevania SOTN

* Final Fantasy VI

* Black Sigil

* Chrono Trigger

* Beyond Oasis

* Resident Evil 4

* Super Ghouls and Ghosts

* Robotrek

* Fatal Fury SNES

Only real requirements there (and I mean total aspie requirements) are Secret of Evermore, ZAMN, Ghoul Patrol and Super Castlevania IV.

Fall gamin's include for me

1. FF7

2. Disgaea (probably going to pick up D2 next week, Sato FTW!)

3. Shenmue

4. Resident Evil 4

5. Panzer Dragoon Saga

6. The Witcher

7. Twisted Metal

8. Warhawk

9. Jet Moto

10. BUSHIDO BLADE (that's a big one)

11. Destruction Derby 2

12. Tobal No.1

13. Ehrgeiz

14. Earthworm Jim

15. Resident Evil Directors Cut+RE2 Demo

Usually I try to hit a few of these for at least a few minutes before december comes around.

Fall gamin's include for me

1. FF7

2. Disgaea (probably going to pick up D2 next week, Sato FTW!)

3. Shenmue

4. Resident Evil 4

5. Panzer Dragoon Saga

6. The Witcher

7. Twisted Metal

8. Warhawk

9. Jet Moto

10. BUSHIDO BLADE (that's a big one)

11. Destruction Derby 2

12. Tobal No.1

13. Ehrgeiz

14. Earthworm Jim

15. Resident Evil Directors Cut+RE2 Demo

Usually I try to hit a few of these for at least a few minutes before december comes around.

Aww yeah! I forgot about Earthworm Jim and Resident Evil! Those are also fall ones for me!

you know what I used to play all the time on Halloween?

Pumpkin Hill from Sonic Adventure 2. those ghosts used to scare the living crap out of me.

I also played a bit of Haunted Mansion from Sonic Heroes.

and I'd play Ghost Valley from SMK and Mario Kart Wii.

I never owned Luigi's Mansion, which doesn't make sense to me, because I remember when it was brand new and I was a little kid watching my other friends playing that game. it was tons of fun. so I don't get why I never got that one.

I also played Slender a little bit around Halloween last year. when it actually was interesting and not old. except it was already getting old because every freaking person in the neighborhood dressed up as Slenderman. that's when it got old.

Monster Party, the Splatterhouse games, and I also get a huge craving for A Link To The Past when fall weather hits. I couldn't think of a more appropriate game than Monster Party though. I think Earthbound is pretty good for Halloween too, not just in Threed, but really throughout the whole game.

I find myself playing Castlevania: Symphony of the Night whenever I'm watching the door for little trick or treaters. I ought to get a bigger October gaming list, though. I do Lament of Innocence every Christmas and Skies of Arcadia every summer, but I don't have that many things I play every year.

Its good to see I'm not the only person who has to play games seasonally. :)

I know! After Halloween I play Harvest Moon, Sim City, Demon's/Dark Souls, and Super Mario 64!

The weirdest thing is, though, is that I'm only 18, so a lot of these games came out before or right after I was born. When I was growing up we lived really close to my Grandparents and Uncle, and he would always play games seasonally. I think I play these games seasonally due to some deep subconscious nostalgia of some sort...

HAH! Twisted Metalheads REPRESENT!!

I'd love to add Toejam N' Earl 3 to the list but for the life of me I can't figure out how I am ever going to play that game again. My xbox died and they never supported it for the 360. :(

We totally need to form an internet metal band called Twisted Metalheads. We'd do like, remixes of the old singletrac games.

chrono trigger seems like a good fall game. i keep toying with that game on my phone. i should really play it through.

Id say the old 2d Zelda games. Oh and theres Resident evil 4. best fall game ever.

as the season winds down into winter, i love playing diablo style dungeon games. Darkstone, vagrant story, baldurs gate. whichever happens to capture my interest at the time.

as the season winds down into winter, i love playing diablo style dungeon games. Darkstone, vagrant story, baldurs gate. whichever happens to capture my interest at the time.

Oh man, that makes me want to dig up one of the old Dungeon Siege games. I have fond memories of the first two.