Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

Just got back from a Melee tourney, definitely the biggest one I've been to so far.

Got a chance to play chudat -- his climbers 4-stocked my doc (my main) in about 2 minutes.

Don't feel bad. Korean DJ 4-stocked me several times with several different characters.

I get 4-stocked all the time when I'm using the jigglesmeister, mainly because I try to land Rest far too often :P

Ferret will never be pro-league SSBM player. Ferret is a casual player and can hold his own against other casual and semi-serious players but the guys who discovered all the techniques and the KOREANS FOR THE LOSE will always be better than him.

Ferret is sad and wants a rematch!

So all of this talk about being four-stocked makes me confused. Is that like, you fight in a four lives vs. four lives battle (hence the name four stock)? Or is it 5v5 and the other guy just died once to your five times?

Also, what the crap is with the bag of darkness characters? I've seen 'em several times, but can't quite place 'em...

wut.png

I don't think it would really help to run around with it like Sakurai mentioned without being able to attack as well (I assume when you try, you'll just throw the ball again), but a lot of these could really screw with a match. I'm thinking Togepi's darkness move-style from Melee.

--Jack Kieser

I wonder if the smoke balls will emit smoke at a constant rate, or if there is some way to crack them open and release all the smoke at once. Should be a fun way to lure people into traps in any case... wonder why there's two colours

I wonder if the smoke balls will emit smoke at a constant rate, or if there is some way to crack them open and release all the smoke at once. Should be a fun way to lure people into traps in any case... wonder why there's two colours

The top image (non-screen) shows several different colors. I bet it's chosen at random for each ball to help differentiate between them all. For example if you've got multiple balls on the screen at one time and you plan on picking up the one you only recently tossed, you want to be able to tell immediately which one is yours as the others will have less smoke left.

Well, it also seems that some colours of smoke are more conductive to hiding things. In the images it seems that the white smoke would work better than the red, even though it also seems that the red smoke is more concentrated (I guess this might depend on the level). But from the images shown, it seems that the smoke in general is too diffuse to do much, especially if the ball is being moved around a lot...

Well, it also seems that some colours of smoke are more conductive to hiding things. In the images it seems that the white smoke would work better than the red, even though it also seems that the red smoke is more concentrated (I guess this might depend on the level)

I'm thinking both were activated at different times, causing one cloud to be thicker than the other. Not to mention, somebody's holding the white one.

Obligatory map and all one item post

So, take the smallest map possible, pick tiny melee if possible, and have everyone play as small characters. All items are smoke balls, frequency set to very high.

No CPUs, they cheat in limited view situations.

Edit: Smoke balls AND pitfall seeds. Bwahaha

Obligatory map and all one item post

So, take the smallest map possible, pick tiny melee if possible, and have everyone play as small characters. All items are smoke balls, frequency set to very high.

No CPUs, they cheat in limited view situations.

fun stuff.

I liked this item, looks fun, but only if the smoke gets very thick.