Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

Yeah, Peach is back! I was pretty sure she was still around but official confirmation is comforting. I wonder if they messed with any of her glitches. If they did, that's fine, but I wouldn't mind still being able to float cancel and stuff with her either.

I certainly wouldn't mind them changing her random foward smash, though. I can't stand having three different lengths on that.

Young Link will return. In an interview Sakurai said it...

The six characters that can be removed could be:

Marth (replaced with Ike)

Dr. Mario

Falco Lombardi

Pichu

Roy

Mr. Game & Watch / Ice Climbers (and naturally, their universe)

However...the prophecy can't be right because the "Original 12" are still there...

yeah it can't be right if it doesn't match your random conjecture

i figure it's wrong for any number of reasons, but it seem infinitely more likely than anything you said in your post

I don't care which clone they bork - we only need one extra-gravity-affected space animal with a laser, right? Who's used more in tournaments - Fox or Falco? IIRC, I've seen Fox more.

Silly Friday update. Sakurai usually gives us something strange to bicker over for the weekend.

I don't have any inside information, but the characters that should be chopped in my opinion are:

Jigglypuff, Marth, Roy, Young Link, Dr. Mario, Pichu, Mewtwo, Game and Watch, and Ice Climbers.

If you wanted to include Young Link, give Link an option to switch ala Sheik by spiking the master sword or something.

The reason to get rid of the Pokemon (besides Pikachu who is obviously too popular) is that now you got three new ones in the Pokemon trainer, plus you got all the ones in the Pokeball items, and 6 or 7 playable Pokemon is way too much.

People will hate the Mewtwo chop, but make him a rare chance to come out of the ball with the Pokemon Trainer. That would be the most logical solution.

I say keep a Dr. Mario level but he is just too redundant to keep him around. Make him an alternate costume for Mario if you want to.

Roy/Marth replaced by Ike, I really don't see a need to keep a lot of sword-oriented rpg characters in a fighting game like Smash Bros.

Game and Watch and Ice Climbers are simply victims of the newcomers from more reconizable games like Snake, Pit, Wario, etc.

I know it won't happen and people will get into hissyfits because they can't live without their Marth/Roy/Mewtwo but thats just the way I would like to see it happen.

As pointless as it is to argue over opinions, Azul, I don't see the logic in cutting characters simply because there are a lot of characters from a certain series.

That said, a special, rare appearance Pokemon from the Trainer's ball would be a neat idea. Maybe it could even be his Final Smash?

EDIT: Also, I wouldn't mind getting rid of Pichu.

I hate that rumor. Can you link to the source that makes you believe it is true please?

Also, Peach's face is something that will give kids nightmares.

Yeeesh.

I swear on my Mother's life that I heard that, but to this day I can't find a single source to prove it.... :(

Also, Peach's face is something that will give kids nightmares.

Yeeesh.

To be honest I thought it looked way way better than say, her face in Mario Sunshine, or one of the more recent sports games. I don't know why people are saying it looks so bad.

Here's a good match to play in Melee.

Choose your characters, make it a min. stock match, chose Hyrule Castle (or any other stage, Hyrule is the best one though), let the timer run out without anyone dying so it's turns to Sudden Death, then fight and about 30 seconds or a min. bombs'll start blowing the crap outta everything. Very fun and amusing if you ask me.

Allright, I played some matches with my crew mate earlier, so I;ll have some new videos to post later tonight.

EDIT-

Here's a good match to play in Melee.

Choose your characters, make it a min. stock match, chose Hyrule Castle (or any other stage, Hyrule is the best one though), let the timer run out without anyone dying so it's turns to Sudden Death, then fight and about 30 seconds or a min. bombs'll start blowing the crap outta everything. Very fun and amusing if you ask me.

Alternatively, set the stock to 50 on super sudden death, and turn on nothing but exploding items. Hilarity and cheapness ensues.

Ganon is the one character I'm glad to have to shut down all Jiggly players (seriously, Jiggly players go learn another character)

Jiggz is crucial for doubles in tournaments. Ally grabs, Jiggz rests. Actually, Jiggz rests a lot. If she misses, ally jabs to prevent extensive punishment. Jiggz great for giving extra hit to help teammate recover, and failed sing can also be cancelled by a jab, falco laser, or needle.