Nintendo DS

The Damned

I can't wait to NOT buy Diddy Kong Racing and instead buy ANYTHING else. I thought the original was the most overhyped, overrated game in Nintendo's history, even more than Majora's Mask.

Yeah, except Majora's Mask was easily one of the best, if not THE best N64 game, and DKR wasn't far behind either.

I can't wait to NOT buy Diddy Kong Racing and instead buy ANYTHING else. I thought the original was the most overhyped, overrated game in Nintendo's history, even more than Majora's Mask.

you, yeah, YOU! the one whose trying to derail this place with your little quips. stop it. now.

i think diddy kong racing would be sweet, i didn't play much of the n64 one, but it was fun when i did. they don't have mario tennis on the ds and maybe some Milo's Astro Lanes? (N64) The ds needs a good bowling game.

I very rarely check this thread. Reading this will make me check it even less frequently.

I didn't like them either.

I found the only good part of Diddy Kong Racing to be the plane. That's it. There were other kart racing games. I didn't really see any difference between Mario Kart and Diddy Kong Racing that warranted any support on my end.

And Majora's Mask... the entire game looked and felt like someone opened up a level editor and tried to use everything in it. The layout of the levels and towns, the overly vivid colors, the plain, recycled characters... everything just felt uninspired. And the whole three-days thing never caught my interest. I understand it's the entire basis of the game, but I found it frustrating and restrictive. A game series based upon exploring the world as much as you want, suddenly having a time limit? Even if you can go back in time and redo the same three days over and over... why? I ended up using walkthroughs to get anywhere in the game, and then when i read further ahead, I just stopped playing at about half-way. I felt no compelling reason to continue.

I didn't like them either.

I found the only good part of Diddy Kong Racing to be the plane. That's it. There were other kart racing games. I didn't really see any difference between Mario Kart and Diddy Kong Racing that warranted any support on my end.

And Majora's Mask... the entire game looked and felt like someone opened up a level editor and tried to use everything in it. The layout of the levels and towns, the overly vivid colors, the plain, recycled characters... everything just felt uninspired. And the whole three-days thing never caught my interest. I understand it's the entire basis of the game, but I found it frustrating and restrictive. A game series based upon exploring the world as much as you want, suddenly having a time limit? Even if you can go back in time and redo the same three days over and over... why? I ended up using walkthroughs to get anywhere in the game, and then when i read further ahead, I just stopped playing at about half-way. I felt no compelling reason to continue.

I enjoyed MM a lot, it really touched me emotionally at some points, particularly the events leading up to the final dungeon. Oddly, I never felt compelled to fight or beat the last boss.

What MM did really well was create a living, breathing community of creatures and people. Zelda TP's Castle Town doesn't even come close. I was very also impressed with the dungeon design. I would rate their designs above TP (not in atmosphere obviously). TP had some pretty bland moments.

Anyone who thinks Majora's Mask is overrated has no abillity to judge the quality of games. More Zelda games should be like Majora.

Here here!

I can't imagine anyone calling Majora's Mask OVERRATED, underrated and unappreciated for sure, but overrated?

As for a RARE game on a Nintendo console...yeah...I'm really excited after the travesty that was Star Fox Adventures (I know Star Fox was shoe horned into it but still). Anyway, DKR is somewhat overrated. Played it recently with some friends and realized just how shallow the gameplay was =/

Did hotel dusk get pushed back? i think gamestop lists it as the 22nd now. Apparently Lunar Knights is out on the 6th, i would definately get that over DKR if i had to choose but i'll probably wait on some reviews. Hotel Dusk got a 10 in egm (just from one guy) i thought that was some pretty good press for the game since all my friend have never even heard of it.

OK OK, I'm sorry about the Majora's Mask comment. What I really meant was simply that it was over-hyped, not over-rated. Everyone was expecting "Ocarina of Time 2," which it wasn't. I agree that it is under appreciated, but Nintendo didn't do a good enough job warning people that the Zelda franchise had gone (if only for a moment) in an entirely different direction. MM is great for some, but not everyone.

DKR, however, left me with a very nasty taste in my mouth. I was expecting it to be like Mario Kart with a story mode, but the game play was shallow and the multiplayer left lots to be desired. Granted, I automatically compare it to Mario Kart 64, which is the best multiplayer racing game on N64. It's not fair to hold that comparison, so the game is probably much better than I'm willing to admit.

Anyway, back on topic. Clubhouse Games is entirely too much fun considering it is a compilation of games that bored me as a kid. I highly recommend it for anyone who has a DS, especially the "new" DS gamers who aren't used to video games.

Tried it, hated it. Star Fox 64 was a brilliant game, and the most recent Star Fox game I liked at all.

Agreed. There seems to be a lot of evidence that the folks behind the game tried really hard to this the best it could be (story line, multiple paths, selectable characters, etc.), but the gameplay is just flawed. The best description I can give you is this: Remember the Fortuna, etc. levels of Star Fox 64 where you're in all-range mode shooting down hordes of enemies flying around the map? Although this is fun sometimes, unfortunately this is the entire game of Star Fox Command. There are no stages where your ship flies along a rail going through a world shooting as many things as possible that get in your way. I really like(d) the Star Fox series, but I don't plan on buying another one until I'm sure that it meets the quality of the 64 version.

DKR, however, left me with a very nasty taste in my mouth. I was expecting it to be like Mario Kart with a story mode, but the game play was shallow and the multiplayer left lots to be desired. Granted, I automatically compare it to Mario Kart 64, which is the best multiplayer racing game on N64. It's not fair to hold that comparison, so the game is probably much better than I'm willing to admit.

I can't remember the tracks as much, except that the coin challenges were kind of irritateing, but I remember enjoying the VS mode of DKR more than MK64. Atleast when playing with live people. (Never played with the npc's in dkr)

I actualy liked how it incoorporated different vehicals, the flying levels were fun, the boss battles. And I recal enjoying the space levels quite a bit. (particularly space port alpha for some reason...maybe I just liked the music... or something) Maybe I'm just weird....