Sign in to follow this  
The Damned

Nintendo DS

Games I didnt buy

Castlevaia DS

I'd just like to say, in my opinion, the 2 Castlevania DS games are the best games for the DS so far. You can arguably say Mario Kart for multiplayer, but seriously those are the best two. Amazing music as well.

I saw a pack of thin plastic shell/screen protectors at Target for $10 that looked like official-esque Nintendo packaging but also had a Hori logo on the front. It has protectors for the outside top, both screens, and (IIRC) the areas around the dpad and buttons. It comes with a small cleaning cloth as well. Are these the sort of Hori screen protectors many people here have recommended, and if so, is that the standard price?

I saw a pack of thin plastic shell/screen protectors at Target for $10 that looked like official-esque Nintendo packaging but also had a Hori logo on the front. It has protectors for the outside top, both screens, and (IIRC) the areas around the dpad and buttons. It comes with a small cleaning cloth as well. Are these the sort of Hori screen protectors many people here have recommended, and if so, is that the standard price?

Well, I saw a similar set of MadCatz screen protectors & shells at a nearby Wal-Mart for the same price. I personally would say I guess that would be the standard price, give or take $5-6. But the ones that you're referring to looked a lot like the original except a bit heavier than the official Nintendo stuff and come in three colors (I think...)

I personally haven't heard anything in like a reference to buying them, but they do look rather decent. One of my co-workers has one and she only bought it because it was the first thing that caught her eye. That DS alone has been through abuse, but it's still intact - - with the protection in place.

But it's totally up to you if you want to chuck out the money for it.

Since I own both, I can say that Cooking Mama DS is well worth your time -- great game that is good for things like the 10 minutes between classes.

The Wii edition, on the other hand, will only entertain you the first time you get your friends to play it drunk. After that, it's useless -- the controls aren't nearly as good, and the multiplayer is approaching terrible.

Also...is anyone here playing Megaman Star Force? I've got Dragon, and am looking for anyone to add as a friend (but especially Pegasus and Leo players). My FC is 206266320901, and I'm currently level 22 in the school. Any level anyone is just fine with me, just respond in this topic with which Satellite you are on and your FC.

Glory Days 2 is pretty good. It's an excellent blend of action and strategy. Like a peanut butter and pickle sandwich. Pickles are always better when you get to control a slice directly and have some peanut butter.

Alright guys, now that school is starting I want to get a handheld game because I have very little time for console games during school.

What are some engrossing, console quality handheld games that I could get for 20 and under?

Amazon.com is having a one-day sell of Pokémon Pearl for only $20. And they also hae Fire Red and Leaf Green for the GBA for $20 as well. You can get two games for the price of one, and since you can use the GBA games to transfer GBA pokes over, and make rare ones appear on your DS game... there's lots of good reasons to get them.

http://www.dsfanboy.com/2007/08/15/to-be-a-pokemon-miser-is-your-destiny/

Oh, actually I have 34 DS games. I pop through these things like gumballs...

haha, you and me both. They're so yummy!

Now I've got something like 15+ DS games on my list of games to get before the end of the year.

I'd just like to say, in my opinion, the 2 Castlevania DS games are the best games for the DS so far. You can arguably say Mario Kart for multiplayer, but seriously those are the best two. Amazing music as well.

I'm quite awful at Castlevania DS. Nice music though. My favorite DS series has to be Elite Beat Agents along with their Japanese siblings (Ouendan). I could play those forever.

How long did it take for you to get bored of it?

I really tried to like the game, but eventually lost interest after an hour or two. Some of the music is pretty nice, but otherwise the game's a generic kart racer, and a bad one at that. All the characters and places are boring and bland. Gameplay is slightly innovative with touch screen tricks, but ultimately unbalanced and unresponsive.

I really liked the N64 SBK games. Hopefully they'll show up on Wii's Virtual Console soon.

So my L-button on my DS phat just doesn't work at all anymore. I think somehow a grain of sand got stuck in the connection. Any recommendations? (Basically should I send it to Nintendo to get it repaired, and if so, how much does that cost - or do I have other options? I really don't want to get a new DS.)

Also, just in case no one's mentioned it yet, Call of Duty DS looks AMAZING. It's even better news that the controls are more or less identical to Hunters, which I always thought people complained about too much - I thought the Hunters controls were very comfortable, smooth, and even efficient.

So my L-button on my DS phat just doesn't work at all anymore. I think somehow a grain of sand got stuck in the connection. Any recommendations? (Basically should I send it to Nintendo to get it repaired, and if so, how much does that cost - or do I have other options? I really don't want to get a new DS.)
Ninty will fix it free.

Nintendo does have the best customer service, period.

Any way... Dementium: The Ward comes out on Halloween. This is a good thing, because that's not only appropriate, but also when I've allowed myself to buy another game (too many titles for too many systems this year)

Also, just in case no one's mentioned it yet, Call of Duty DS looks AMAZING. It's even better news that the controls are more or less identical to Hunters, which I always thought people complained about too much - I thought the Hunters controls were very comfortable, smooth, and even efficient.

Agreed on both counts. CoD looks awesome, especially since it's modern warfare. Hunters controls are perfect for the DS. I'm really hoping to see more FPS games on the DS with those same controls.

Well, I didn't care for the controls in Metroid Hunters but that's not what killed the game for me. I just flat out couldn't see what was happening comfortably. It's too much of a strain on my eyes to focus on shooting fast moving targets in 3-D on a screen the size of my hand. I had to give up on that game.

Does anyone here know where I can get a homebrew program that will use the microphone and record to flash memory (e.g. my R4)? It'd be useful in the next few weeks as I work on a project. Sound quality doesn't need to be great -- I just need to be able to pick up speech on it.

Anyone got a FUCKING Tauros for D/P? I've been trying to get one for a few weeks now, and I just can not find them at all.

I've got all the starters and most of everything else. If yo need something, I probably have it.

I just beat Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. I estimate it took me about 25 hours to beat. Mind you, that's probably like 20 if I didn't have to spend time translating ;-). That's still a good length for it I think. There aren't as many dungeons as say, LttP, but there's lots of stuff outside the dungeons you have to do. And unlike Wind Waker, those kind of out-of-dungeon tasks don't feel as meaningless. Control mechanics are pretty good too, and the touch screen is integrated very well. Final battle wasn't disappointing either, although like all Zelda games, it could've been a little harder.

I recommend it to anyone who's considering buying it. Solid game.

Anyone got a FUCKING Tauros for D/P? I've been trying to get one for a few weeks now, and I just can not find them at all.

I've got all the starters and most of everything else. If yo need something, I probably have it.

I have a Tauros and could breed one up real quick for you. Hit me up.