OCR01482 - Metal Slug 2 "No Need to Reload"

I'll be honest here. I thought this one had no chance in passing, as soon as I saw it on the judging queue. Roe is a good musician, but his mixes are so abrasive, this one not withstanding. It's the intro here that's a rather loud wake up call- would've thought this needed to be a lot cleaner to pass.

That doesn't mean I don't enjoy it- the composition and percussion is excellent, especially given this is a PRC entry. Just, er, bring it down a notch next time, Alex?

Congrats on making it onto OCR. And welcome back Malcos. :)

I'm so glad you finally managed to get a song on OCR after all this time, your persistence blows my mind in a big way!

Realllly seeing this posted made my decade! You are possibly the coolest person I've ever met on the internet, to the point where I've decided... I don't care how long it takes, it can be 10 frickin' years from now, I'm flying to Caimbridge so we can meet in LIFESIZE. Anyway! As for the song, Right up there with some of your recent originals in quality, you've got a GREAT ear for exactly how to deliver the energy, keep people wanting more and constantly satisfying the cravings that you create in your listener. Lots of SCRUMPTIOUS transitions, love the slap bass and OF COURSE 2:59 HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA THANK YOU FOR THAT YOU BLOODY CHAV WELL WICKED IN'IT!! I'm so happy right now, even if some people don't like this... don't worry, they have no clue of what you're capable . I Tremble in anticipation of the music you've yet to write. Considering how much you've improved in the course of a single year...... quite a terrifying prospect! Still, I can't wait. NICE WORK!

haHA! Roe! You finally made it! I knew it was only a matter of time.

This is quite awesome. Synth guitars work far better than they have any right to, nice synths, overall badass sound.

The bass is especially cool.

My only complaint is that all the sounds seem to have sort of the same edge, roughness, whatever you want to call it; it would've been nice to have a couple of smoother sounds somewhere in the middle to give my ears a break.

Roe! You did what I've been failing miserably at lately! Congratulations for getting on the site - this is some classic Roe hottness. I haven't talked to you in forever now that I think about it We used to go back and forth on the wip forums back in the day, so it was a great surprise to see you up on the front page! I love the song man, especially the drum and bass programing as JJT noted. You need to be hired to make music for matrix-esque high energy hollywood movies or somethin.

Take care,

Ravi

Oh yeah! Finally ever since I saw this on the To Be Posted I've been double checking the front page. This is so fucking awesome... The Slap Bass is so hot it melts in your mouth.

It has the energy, it has the groove, and the arrengment is very well put together.

Awesome stuff.

PS.: Where are you man? You and Shnab abandones me on AIM, we were suposed to be a family... :cry:

PS2.: The sex eyes worked.

I've never played the game this came from, so I don't know how it compares to the original song, but I really enjoyed listening to this remix. :) I agree with Geoffry about it needing some smoother sounds, though.

I've loved some of RoeTaka's stuff in the past, though I've always understood why it was rejected. Abrasive and unpolished are typically pretty accurate for his music, but really not so much when you consider that something like 99.99% of the people that post on OCR are amateur musicians.

This one's a little too dirty even for my tastes though, and I'm a big industral and heavy metal nut. Slap bass and percussion are well done, but the guitars are painfully synthy and uninteresting. It's so easy to find eager, willing and terrific live guitarists in this community. Anything less is just lazy (Protricity's songs do not count of course). ;)

Anyway still pretty good stuff! Congrats on your first!

Being the only remixer who has his own playlist on my computer (of mostly originals even) all I can say is, it's about damn time they opened the door to you around here! Hell, I just assumed you already had a song or two on the site. I loved this song the first time I heard it in PRC, and I'm glad that people who don't follow PRC are getting to hear it now too.

I guess this shows how different people's musical tastes can be. DJP said the intro turned him off instantly while the first time I heard the intro my jaw dropped and I was hooked. Go figure.

Congrats Roe-bro!

Great mix, too bad I haven't heard the original so its hard for me to review this but DANNNNG this is tight!

Of course as a bass player I always have problems with artificial slap bass, because that just ain't how a slap bass really works, but I have to swallow and admit that its an artificial one, and it works like that.

But YAY! STUFF BE GOOD. Way to go. You opened the tap and now the remixes are just gonna keep on running. Go Roe!

Roe!

I am echoing what many people have stated.

I'm really glad a song made it, although I think you should have like ten up by now.

I was especially disappointed about the Heart to Heart track, as you know what I thought about it.

But anyway, glad to see this up, though you know me, I'm all piano and pretty things, so this wasn't my favorite, but I can see why it was posted. Congrats guy!

Oh yeah! Finally ever since I saw this on the To Be Posted I've been double checking the front page. This is so fucking awesome... The Slap Bass is so hot it melts in your mouth.

It has the energy, it has the groove, and the arrengment is very well put together.

Awesome stuff.

PS.: Where are you man? You and Shnab abandoned me on AIM, we were suposed to be a family... :cry:

PS2.: The sex eyes worked.

Just adding that tough the guitars are un real, they fit the song very well and like JJT said they have a certain charm...

Finally a metal slug remix <3

Seen the metal slug tank wandering around the page here and there but no remix xD

Well, great remix! and lately been playing all the metal slug series over and over again and this remix came with perfect timing! Great job on the remix, love every second of it. This one goin straight into my special list.

Metal Slug is given proper attention from RoeTaKa! Although I'd choose Metal Slug X over Metal Slug 2, they're basically identical anyway. This remix really captures the insanity the game offers in good supply, and dare I say... enhances it? Compliments to the Remixer! Forget all about reloading and throw this remix into your favorite playlist.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01482 - Metal Slug 2 "No Need to Reload"