Sony PS3

Bigfoot

The catch? Since there is no longer a 20 gig model, you can't find a PS3 for $399. They had a $499 PS3 on launch, even though the new $499 model is all the sweeter with Wifi and other things.

Though, if you were only interested in the 60 gig model, it is $100 cheaper for you.

Sorry to break this news for ya but Ps3 is still $599. The 60GB model is not being produced anymore after July and any supplies in stores will be phazed out for the new 80GB SKU as it nets them more of a profit than making the 60GB one.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7033077&postcount=684

Link to Video of Kaz confirming it.

Soooooo.....everyone that wants a cheap Ps3 go buy one before they sell out (and before Sept ends to get the 5 free Blu-Ray movie giveaway)

Fuck.

In other news, Sony expects people to now rush out and get the cheaper version while they still can.

Hey, here's an idea: why not just keep the 60 gig systems, and sell those at the price you said? That way, you have people buying them all the time instead of just in the next couple of weeks! Yeah, people buying your product all year round! Crazy, huh?

Forgive my blatent ignorance and lack of research on the subject but this says that PAL nations aren't getting the 80gig variants or a price drop for that matter. So that means we don't get PS3's at all haha? Or does that just mean they're gonna keep making the 60 gig variants for us and make us pay the same price for it as the Americans do for their 80 gig version (and by saying "same price" I mean up to 300 bucks $A more then the US). I'm probably missing something here cuz I haven't been giving much of a rat's ass about the PS3 lately. Either way, PAL nations get bad end of the stick again.

...Kaz, time for you to be shot out of the volcano and for someone else to come in.

Seriously, maybe the reason why people didn't want the 20GB model, is because it was so heavily crippled? You know, not having half the external functionality of the 60GB model.

And now to kill off the 60GB model, completely? Oh shit, congratulations to Sega territory!

This all reminds me of one time someone said something and everyone believed it and started bitching about it when, in reality, it turned out to not be true.

I can't argue with people about the PS3's price because they're usually too young or don't have a job/don't have much income or would rather buy a console with a 33% failure rate.

This all reminds me of one time someone said something and everyone believed it and started bitching about it when' date=' in reality, it turned out to not be true.

I can't argue with people about the PS3's price because they're usually too young or don't have a job/don't have much income or would rather buy a console with a 33% failure rate.[/quote']

...What? The PS3 IS expensive, unless you have some sort of $100k+ income to throw around. And at least Microsoft has a 3 year warranty now, rather than screwing people over like Sony did over the PS2 era.

And for the record, yes, I do own a PS3, and had it for 3-4 months.

...What? The PS3 IS expensive, unless you have some sort of $100k+ income to throw around. And at least Microsoft has a 3 year warranty now, rather than screwing people over like Sony did over the PS2 era.

And for the record, yes, I do own a PS3, and had it for 3-4 months.

Sure the 360 is 200 bucks cheaper (now only $100 though), but you have to buy accessories up the ass. A charger? $25. Wireless adapter? $100. HD-DVD player? $200. New 20 gig HDD? Another $100. Xbox Live? $50 a year. Plus the HDD is 40 gigs smaller and the PS3 frickin' utilizes Blu-Ray. So, assuming you want your Premium 360 to be up to par with Sony's 60 gig console, it'll set you back $975, and that's just for one year of online play. 360 sounds twice as expensive to me. Did I mention the 360 has a 33% failure rate? Has anyone heard of a PS3 Red Ring of Death? PS3's also support SD cards! They're up to 4 gig sticks now, ain't they?

Now, with such an awesome E3 line-up, I think it's pretty clear who's winning this console war.

Also, I only have a $20K income, thank you very much :)

And at least Microsoft has a 3 year warranty now, rather than screwing people over like Sony did over the PS2 era.

I stood in line opening day to buy a PS2(ended up on the evening news and got my fifteen seconds of fame), and enjoyed the heck out of it. A couple of years later, the laser mis-aligned and it wouldn't read DVD games. It gathered dust for a while; then in the summer of 2004, I called Sony to ask them about it, since no electronics store would fix it for less than $70. They told me that it was not an uncommon problem, that I should ship it to them and they would fix it for me. Two weeks later, they shipped me a new system for free, which I still have. ~shrug~ I didn't really feel screwed by Sony.

Now' date=' with such an awesome E3 line-up, I think it's pretty clear who's winning this console war.[/quote']

Nintendo? Because they are outselling everyone combined? Because they can't produce enough to meet demand (and not an artificial shortage, either; they're pumping out hundreds of thousands a week in multiple factories)? Because the games they offer are popular and fun? Because They have the best price? Because they have the best customer service off all three companies? Because they have incredibly popular first-party titles? Because a lot of the developers that used to be pro-PS2 have switched over to the Wii?

Sure the 360 is 200 bucks cheaper (now only $100 though)' date=' but you have to buy accessories up the ass. A charger? $25. Wireless adapter? $100. HD-DVD player? $200. New [i']20 gig HDD? Another $100. Xbox Live? $50 a year. Plus the HDD is 40 gigs smaller and the PS3 frickin' utilizes Blu-Ray. So, assuming you want your Premium 360 to be up to par with Sony's 60 gig console, it'll set you back $975, and that's just for one year of online play. 360 sounds twice as expensive to me. Did I mention the 360 has a 33% failure rate? Has anyone heard of a PS3 Red Ring of Death? PS3's also support SD cards! They're up to 4 gig sticks now, ain't they?

Now, with such an awesome E3 line-up, I think it's pretty clear who's winning this console war.

Also, I only have a $20K income, thank you very much :)

Like most people who don't seem to get it, you're comparing a media center PC, to a game console. And don't forget, the "price drop" is only while supplies last.

X360 Premium lets you play all the games, no worries. Toss in a Gold membership(which you get the first month free with the system anyway, to see if you actually like it), and the.. oh, what was it? 20 A+ titles coming out in the second half of this year?

Compared to a BluRay player that has some game functionality added onto it.