Sign in to follow this  
The Coop

All Time Hardest Boss

Posted: Sun 02-2-03 3:29 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Impossible bosses? Battletoads anyone?

I second that! Did anyone ever beat Battletoads in Battlemaniacs? I couldn't get past that stupid level with the jetbike, you know the rat with his jetbike(had a buzzsaw in the front of his) chasing you through that entire level

Oh ya, Magus, God he was hard, I had HORRABLY equiped chars, it was a real pain... Felt so good when I beat him. I still have that throbing Magus battle music in my head though.

I dont know about anybody else but When i beat Xenogears i only got to the fourth combo, sad I know... it gets worse i didnt know how to use the combo command, but i did know how to use combos. Any way. There was a really hard boss on there for me. I dont know his name but he was that Floating orb gear guy that was in the shield generator cave next to Barts home town. (i frogot the town name.)

Guess what I found? It's a new handy dandy ass handing machine called... hell, I don't know what it's called.

In Panzer Dragoon Orta (great game btw), there's this cat-like skeletal thing at the end of stage 3 or 4... I'm not sure which because I've been fighting him for a couple weeks and I don't remember the level number. There seems to be a weak spot on the things face (what there is of it) that you're supposed to attack after you've blasted all the armor off from the rear. I say seems because I've hit the thing with a berzerk blast and barely saw that health bar go down. Of course, the fact that you're always dodging jelly shots and it jumping at you when you're in front of it makes this in no way any easier.

Oh yeah... hard boss...

Here's one that I guess count's as a boss... ya, well, anyway, here it is.

The boss of the game in Diddy Kong racing. God, that pig guy is impossible! I never could beat him, but the worst thing is that I heard that after you beat him, you have to race him again or something and he's even harder!

Here's one that I guess count's as a boss... ya, well, anyway, here it is.

The boss of the game in Diddy Kong racing. God, that pig guy is impossible! I never could beat him, but the worst thing is that I heard that after you beat him, you have to race him again or something and he's even harder!

Yes, that game goes on forever... I think I used pipsie or tubwhateverhisnameis on him. Yeah, it gets MUCH harder, and goes on much longer... There's one set of races where you have to do EVERY race you've done over again, only on mirrored tracks... terrible. I eventually beat it, but it was hard as fuck. You get codes whenever you totally wail on the entire game, so I played it wayyyyyy wayyyy too much to be healthy.

I doubt this one's been mentioned... Anyone here ever played (or heard of) Hybrid Heaven for the N64? It was a game that played similiarly (and pre-dated) Vagrant Story. Unfortunately it was not as interesting or well executed as VS. Anyway, I worked my way to what I must assume was the final boss, this little alien guy that zipped all over the screen and was impossible to land a hit on. I battled it for at least half an hour and hardly touched the miserable thing. Finally I quit, it wasn't fun anymore.

Actually, speaking of Vagrant Story. If you don't build up the power of your weapons or forge weapons properly, the end boss (and frankly, lesser enemies) can be insanely difficult to combat. I loved VS but I am really not into micromanagement, so my arsenal sucked pretty badly. Here's the funny thing... The only weapon I had that would even scratch the final demon was a short dagger...it's range was so short that 9 times out of 10, I couldn't reach the demon to hit it. Thank goodness for the reflect damage command. My arsenal was so poor that I was pretty much forced to master the timing required to reflect damage at enemies. That's how I won in the end...I healed like crazy and just waited to be hit so I could throw some of the hurt back in the monster's face. It took nearly a hour, but I beat the damned thing. :mrgreen:

yea, but this thread isn't a boss. No one is trying to defeat it or destroy it. This is a pretty good thread and I'm glad it's still around. Kick Ass! :wink:

Doesn't qualify as a boss, more of a forced battle.

In 7th Saga, some of the characters (that you could have chose) proceed to hand you a serious ass whoopin'. That's the only game I can remember that gave me a lot of trouble. I tried with another character, yet still no avail. It's kind of funny how I still want a copy of it and its successor on SNES.

The first Battletoads dark queen, Heck just getting through the game was hard enough, none of my friends could ever pass that bike level.

Of course this has been said many times already but Xenogears was definitely the hardest end boss for me. You couldn't level up anymore because it was maxed.

Anyone ever pass the Fantastic adventures of Dizzy for nes? If I could've saved I might have but it was too long and difficult.

This thread is OLD.

There's some pretty tuff shtuff in Skies of Arcadia (DC version).

The only ones that come to mind are Galcian and that damn bird thing at the end of Rixis, when you are supposed to get the green moon crystal. Gah. The second time through, I gained a bunch of levels, but Drachma was STILL the only one who could survive long enough to kill it.

I'm not reading through all 45 pages, so I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet. The last boss from Illusion of Gaia. It was constantly shooting high-power shots at you, it had tons of HP, and it was incredibly hard to hit without getting hit yourself. I had to use a game genie. And then the ending sucked anyway.

Kouryu...

This infestation, is the final boss in the game Last Blade 2 on the DC. This guy, is... just a complete tool.

He carries a big sword... which means he has a long reach. He's suprizingly fast for being one of the largest characters in the game. He, in traditional SNK style, does copious amounts of damage to you when he hits. Because of his speed, he can trap you in a corner very easily and just keep hitting you while you block (you move, he hits you full on... you block, you're chipped away at). And God help you if you try and jump... he follows you constantly. No breaks, no pauses... just hounding you until you're dead and done.

This guy is a pain on "3" for difficulty. "8" must be a fighting game lovers hell...

The Song "FreQ Out" - the last song on Frequency (well there's two hidden ones but I haven't played them yet...). This song has been going in my head for weeks and I've tried to beat it constantly, but to no avail.

Otherwise, ME! Sephiroth!!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! :twisted:

Sephiroth wasn't hard :P

Bloody Mary though was pretty damn hard.

Solid, WizPig was pretty easy. :lol:

As for hardest boss...tough question. But hardest game, the #1 BS Platformer of all time, Super Ghouls & Ghouls!

Posted: Sun 02-2-03 3:29 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Impossible bosses? Battletoads anyone?

I second that! Did anyone ever beat Battletoads in Battlemaniacs? I couldn't get past that stupid level with the jetbike, you know the rat with his jetbike(had a buzzsaw in the front of his) chasing you through that entire level

Yea, I've beaten every Battletoads game. It... was... so... hard...

I'm not reading through all 45 pages, so I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet. The last boss from Illusion of Gaia. It was constantly shooting high-power shots at you, it had tons of HP, and it was incredibly hard to hit without getting hit yourself. I had to use a game genie. And then the ending sucked anyway.

dude the final boss was easy all u had to do to dodge shots was to use that one ability where ur guy turns into a puddle

i dont know if anybody has said this yet, but the hardest rpg boss was that stupid secret sphere monster in ff9...this guy was made to be the hardest boss(by squaresoft at least). he had spells that would kill your whole party in one hit, even at lvl 99! i forget what he was called, but i know for a fact he is the hardest boss in the final fantasy series(because he was made to be the hardest). few have beaten him

Ozma.

You can't usually beat him unless ypu give things to all the monsters that ask you to give them stuff.

Except for that stupid cat.

yeah, thats his name....grrr that stupid cat tricked me the first time...and the first monster i beat up cause i thought it was a trick.

Obviously none of you have ever heard of or played the SNES game "Jim Powers". Not only is it the hardest game, but the last boss is fricken impossible. I used an invincibility cheat along with the ZSNES turbo button, but the boss still took at least 5 minutes of constantly using the "super bomb" of the game. along with another 5 minutes of just running through the level with the turbo button.