Nintendo Wii

Smoke

One of my friends bought DBZ:BT2 for Wii, and surprisingly enough, it is pretty damn fun. It probably has the steepest learning curve for any fighter outside of Guilty Gear, but after you get over that, there is fun to be had.

And, also unexpectedly, the battle music is really nice.

ps i think it would be ironic if we were made of iron :3

Actually, I'm pretty sure The Damned is right.
Actually, the real name of the system is just "Wii," not "Nintendo Wii." Meanwhile, the real name of the Gamecube is the "Nintendo Gamecube." Nintendo purposefully did that to break away slightly from the gaming image and to appeal to the non-gamer masses more.

There, now Fire in the Hole doesn't feel bad and everyone knows why it's ironic. Win win.

The other thing is that you would expect people who refer to GCN as "GameCube" to follow a similarly lax pattern in calling Wii just "Wii," but they instead opt to spell it out as "Nintendo Wii" (or vice versa; you might expect those who refer to Wii as "Nintendo Wii" to be stringent about called GCN "Nintendo GameCube," but they have a double standard and don't). Things don't match up with probable expectations; irony is a contrast between expectation and reality.

The fact that Thylacine, who professed to be providing the "real name" of the Nintendo GameCube, turned out to be incorrect is also ironic.

Now I feel like a prick. Time to go read some high-brow spec fic.

Convolution =/= Intelligence. This is a casual forum, not an english paper.

Heres what you said without the pointless B.S.

Definition (link):5. an outcome of events contrary to what was, or might have been, expected.

People who shorten "Nintendo GameCube" to "GCN", refer to the "Wii" as "Nintendo Wii," which is longer. You expect them to leave it shortened, when they do the contrary. Thats Irony!

I also liked how you decided to jump in on the discussion just so you could stroke your ego.

Time to go watch some low-brow T.V.

Convolution =/= Intelligence. This is a casual forum, not an english paper.

Heres what you said without the pointless B.S.

Definition (link):5. an outcome of events contrary to what was, or might have been, expected.

People who shorten "Nintendo GameCube" to "GCN", refer to the "Wii" as "Nintendo Wii," which is longer. You expect them to leave it shortened, when they do the contrary. Thats Irony!

I also liked how you decided to jump in on the discussion just so you could stroke your ego.

Time to go watch some low-brow T.V.

You think I enjoyed that? I hate pretention and all that it stands for. It's only that I hate mistakenness all the more, and when there is an obvious misconception going on I have no reason to ignore it. Irony is really one of my pet peeves.

There are two things wrong with your presumptuous attitude: one, my style is not "pointless B.S." that I artificially inject for the sake of elevating myself. It's simply how I roll, with minimal thought involved. It takes far greater thought for me to attempt the Jimmy/Yami Yoshi/pwb style. Two, I didn't "jump in on the discussion" to stroke my ego. If you look above, my first post was the third (not counting the catalyst) to join the conversation and only served to escalate it. That post was one of reluctance and regret (don't make me explain, I don't want to feel like a prick), but again--pet peeve. My second post was one of slight amusement, self-deprecating glibness and exasperation.

P.S.: Hell, if you think that was as convoluted as an English paper then you could probably use a little boost in the intelligence department. It was easily understandable and had no subtext. Also, "Here's what," "That's irony," and I'm the only one who wrote "GCN" in the entire discussion. Great continuity.

Actually, one of the words in GCN's name is all-caps, according to Nintendo. I admit that my corrections were not complete, but I was mainly focusing on the inclusion of Nintendo in the name. However, I don't wish to derail this topic any further, so let's drop it. I was in the wrong with my correction.

---

Super Metroid was submitted for ESRB rating, as is Mario Kart 64 (which, agreed, is superior to Double Dash), so it shouldn't be too far down the road.

Actually, one of the words in GCN's name is all-caps, according to Nintendo. I admit that my corrections were not complete, but I was mainly focusing on the inclusion of Nintendo in the name. However, I don't wish to derail this topic any further, so let's drop it. I was in the wrong with my correction.

---

Super Metroid was submitted for ESRB rating, as is Mario Kart 64 (which, agreed, is superior to Double Dash), so it shouldn't be too far down the road.

Looks like EU is getting MK64, OoT and even SMW, all in the first quarter. :(