Where do you get your hard to find games?

Any fleamarkets around your area? Where I live we have a pretty famous fleamarket. We're lucky enough to have a pretty cool game store. It's called the Video Game Dungeon :D

So yeah, I'd try a fleamarket.

There's also one of those privately owned game stores a few mins from my house that has a bunch of old/new games/systems that they sell.

Meh. I've had some bad experiences with ebay. Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door never came, and Super Mario Sunshine didn't even work (not to mention there was some strange substance covering half the instruction manual). The seller went all insane when I told him/her. Sigh.

We have a place called Slackers downtown. Sells used games and stuff. I usually look there if I can't find what I'm looking for at EB Games.

Mad Gear LLC:

http://www.mad-gear.com/

They're usually at anime conventions along the east coast, though they also have an online store. I've always had very good results with them, although I'm usually looking for rare import games--since you're only looking for games that are 3 years old, it should be easy to find here. On top of that, I've always found their prices really reasonable (the only place I've found with any better prices have been overseas). KF

Sometimes you can find rare gems at used video-game stores. I know that a friend of mine found "Suikoden" and "Suikoden II" at a used-game store on the Ohio State University campus. I also found a copy of "Castlevania: Symphony of the Night" and "Rhapsody" at an EB games. They're always worth a look, but finding rare games is all about luck, so you have to be vigilant.

Good luck with that.

GameXchange and Vintage Stock are where I usually go for the classic stuff. We also have a tiny shop called Gameco here that stocks some really old games (think Atari).

eBay is just a matter of getting stuff from a trusted seller (preferably with a 99.5% rating or above) and establishing good communication when things go wrong.

Any fleamarkets around your area? Where I live we have a pretty famous fleamarket. We're lucky enough to have a pretty cool game store. It's called the Video Game Dungeon :D

So yeah, I'd try a fleamarket.

There's also one of those privately owned game stores a few mins from my house that has a bunch of old/new games/systems that they sell.

Talking about the one in Waldo, or another?

We once had this badass store called Rhino Games. The prices were relatively low and they carried new and used games from current consoles to NES games (and not just commoners like Super Mario Bros. but good ones like Battletoads). Not only did they have appropriate pricing for old games (low prices for common, higher for rare games), they had buy x get x specials on games and merch. The used games were sold for lower prices than the big chains.

EB/Gamestop bought them out and opened them with their stores.

We used to have a couple of Microplays in town. Great for old games, but the prices can be a little steep sometimes (60 bucks for a game gear? Srsly?). Unfortunately I have no clue what happened to them. Now there's only one Microplay in all of New Brunswick, and it's all the way up north... :(

Other places include yard sales and thrift stores. Every so often you can find a gem at these places.

Mad Gear LLC:

http://www.mad-gear.com/

They're usually at anime conventions along the east coast, though they also have an online store. I've always had very good results with them, although I'm usually looking for rare import games--since you're only looking for games that are 3 years old, it should be easy to find here. On top of that, I've always found their prices really reasonable (the only place I've found with any better prices have been overseas). KF

Seconded!!

I go to a local shop called "Video Game castle". They have stuff all the way back the the eight bit era.

But if you're looking for 2004 games, just look through bins in Gamestop of EB.

If you get desperate, check Half.com or even Amazon might give you some results.

There's a great place in LA called Game Dude. Fantastic brick and mortar store that is huge and carries virtually every console released in the states as well as some import games. They sell games that if they're loose, then they don't have any markings, and if they have packaging they're original. Last time I was there, a few months ago, they had a copy of Shining Force III.

There's a great place in LA called Game Dude. Fantastic brick and mortar store that is huge and carries virtually every console released in the states as well as some import games. They sell games that if they're loose, then they don't have any markings, and if they have packaging they're original. Last time I was there, a few months ago, they had a copy of Shining Force III.

I've been there a couple times myself. The one with the huge NiGHTS poster on the wall right? The store's in a pretty dangerous area.

Another good place to look is Japan, but you might need a native to help you out. ;-) (my trip caught me Hoshi no Kirby, Kirby's Pinball Land , Ouendan 1 & 2, Jump Superstars and Jump Ultimate Stars)