OCR00833 - Final Fantasy VII "Otanjoubi Cid"

orkybash

Final Fantasy VII 'Otanjoubi Cid'

Erm.... well, I liked most of it. Specifically, I liked the part that was the incredibly crisp, well thought out trance that we get from Haroon. But that intro, well, ruined the song for me. There's only a certain amount of strangeness I can take from a remix before it becomes unlistenable, and for me that crossed the line.

But like I said, if the intro wasn't there it would be some really good trance.

I personally thought the intro was TIGHT! I love a little humor, as that was obviously what he was going for.....duh :roll:

It was great. Because after the little boy, this "evil" voice comes on a tells him to shut up, that's LAUGHS!! :D Then all of a sudden.....BOOM!!!! 8O LOUD HARD and KICKIN' ASS!!!!!! :D:D:D

I appreciatethis song very much, and I know it'll definitely be one of the great "Hard/Trances" out there.

P.S. Keep the intro, it totally throws you off-guard :D

Tell 'em man! People: Think humor here, okay? It's was for his friend, not you...........got it?

Um, I'm pretty sure he has a right to say whatever he wants. And no, OCR isn't a private service for one person's birthday. I doubt that was how ffmusicdj intended it. More of a dedication for one, but a song for all.

Anyways, the rest of the song kicks ass. No complaints about the music here.

Clearly, one of the greatest gems in all of OCR. Rich, and powerful, and built on the noblest of purposes; this ballad brings home the dilemma burning within Cid's heart: How to wish Barret a Happy Birthday without seeming like a sissy-pants.

I am the only one who sees where the intro was drawn from? Clearly inspired by Noriyuki Iwadare's work in Lunar: The Silver Star, that classic theme "Girl Who Won't Win Singing Contest." Brilliant.

Just thought I'd point out to frobnitz, Ebonyks, Christopher Blue, and anyone else: There are some programs (e.g. Unphuck) that you can use to chop off chunks of MP3s without decoding/recoding (which would result in a bit of sound quality loss). I'd recommend doing that instead of decoding to wav, etc. It'd be a shame to mess up the rest of the song at all.

As for the remix: Yes, the intro is kind of amusing once or twice, but not something I'd want to hear every time through the playlist. So, guess I'll just circumsize my copy. :) The rest of the song is quite good, nothing particularly wrong with it, though it doesn't really have much to make it stand out from all the other trance that exists in this world. But that doesn't keep it from being enjoyable. Nice and sonically dense, it is.

*sniff*..........................It's beautiful................ :cry:

an indirect birthday gift from a complete stranger(I think)........ wow...

my birthday was on the 3rd, and I am now 16. Yay. :cry:

now, to the mix itself: the intro is a little bit bothering, after a few listens, so, I got the free program: mp3trim off the net, cut it at 16 seconds, and voilà!! It starts right after: "I'll sing it to you", right on the laa,la,la,laaaa,la,la,*skreech*,la,la-a-a-a-a thing. it now has a very prominent spot on my top playlist! :D:D:D

exeptional job Mr. FFmusicdj! :lol:

Just thought I'd point out to frobnitz, Ebonyks, Christopher Blue, and anyone else: There are some programs (e.g. Unphuck) that you can use to chop off chunks of MP3s without decoding/recoding (which would result in a bit of sound quality loss). I'd recommend doing that instead of decoding to wav, etc. It'd be a shame to mess up the rest of the song at all.

Yeah, do a search for mp3DirectCut. It's excellent.

I like the intro, it's kind of goofy.

Well, for me, all ffmusic dj's stuff just has a real definitive feel to me . . . Ever since I've first heard his work it's really grown on me. He does a great job with making a great trance tune, but he makes it so much more than that by the way he adds in the melody, and adds in the different shades to it, and just everything. Nothing's overwhelming, everything's got its place, and sees the spotlight. It's hard to explain.

Anyways. :D Another great song of his, if you ask me. The intro struck me as a little odd when I first heard it, but it kinda grew on me, and I don't mind it now. The rest of the song is just really awesome.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00833 - Final Fantasy VII "Otanjoubi Cid"