Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bahamut

MAGFest 9 is gone - PMD sets in :(

662 posts in this topic

Yeah, there is a sliding door, but really, this is why I honestly wish that it was booked for summer or at least in a hotel with a fully enclosed pool :(

Oh, sad. I won't be able to repay you for dinner last year... :(

Hahaha, well maybe you'll get a chance to next year. :P

Gaming Intellectuals panel has been confirmed for 10 AM on Saturday. Hope to see you folks there.

The pool water was cold, but after a few minutes you got used to it. (kinda)

I'm not gonna be able to make it this year guys. Super sad! :(

I will miss everyone!

but the XENOTONES?!?!?!?!?!

but the XENOTONES?!?!?!?!?!

Oh, shoot! He's right! Alexis, is it a matter of time or money? Or both?

No swimming for me... Holy shit I hate cold water.

Oh, shoot! He's right! Alexis, is it a matter of time or money? Or both?

Pretty much both. The school where I get the bulk of my substitute teaching jobs went on strike this year from the end of October to Dec 5. They didn't come to a settlement either, so there's a very good chance they'll be going on strike again, which is why I've been working extra hours at my part-time job. I just can't afford MAGfest this year, nor can I really afford to take that many days off.

And believe me, I want to be there SO bad, especially with something incredibly awesome that's going to be happening at the OCR panel...but you guys will just have to go to find out what it is. :P

Pretty much both. The school where I get the bulk of my substitute teaching jobs went on strike this year from the end of October to Dec 5. They didn't come to a settlement either, so there's a very good chance they'll be going on strike again, which is why I've been working extra hours at my part-time job. I just can't afford MAGfest this year, nor can I really afford to take that many days off.

And believe me, I want to be there SO bad, especially with something incredibly awesome that's going to be happening at the OCR panel...but you guys will just have to go to find out what it is. :P

I was thinking that maybe we could all pitch in to get you there. After all, we got AeroZ here last year and that was from friggin Sweden!

(By "we", I mean those who donated to get him over here. I was sadly unable to contribute that time for being broke.)

This may have already been asked, but... does anyone know when the concert schedule will be going up? I'm afraid I may end up having to miss half of Thursday's concerts. KF

The OneUps play Friday. Dunno when. I know Armcannon and Metroid Metal play Friday as well. Dunno when.

I am EXCITE about the latest additions of Powerglove and Wave Theory.

Wowzers, what a show.

The OneUps play Friday. Dunno when. I know Armcannon and Metroid Metal play Friday as well. Dunno when.

I am EXCITE about the latest additions of Powerglove and Wave Theory.

Wowzers, what a show.

powerglove and wave theory are coming?!? awesome! they're probably two of my favorite vg bands to see live. can't wait to nab a wave theory cd this year.

When does the schedule usually come out for Magfest? Is it like last minute, or (hopefully) earlier?

When does the schedule usually come out for Magfest? Is it like last minute, or (hopefully) earlier?

well, you'll get a printed bulletin of events when you sign in, so it's gotta be finalized at some point that week.

9 days people! Can't wait :)

Hey guys. Attention all you musical folks who will be attending. Do any of you happen to have (and preferably happen to be bringing) an Ultimate Keyboard Stand? I'm trying to track one of these down for someone who's going to be there.

ultimate-keyboard-st-878509269.jpg

Sorry if this was already asked, but is the AVGN gonna be there?

Sorry if this was already asked, but is the AVGN gonna be there?

You bet he is. He's having a panel, and hopefully an autograph session afterward like last year.

Really soon, it's still being finalized. Last year was kinda crazy, there was some sort of problem and they didn't have copies of the schedule to give out until a day or so into the con.

You bet he is. He's having a panel, and hopefully an autograph session afterward like last year.

Awesome. Gotta find a shitty game for him to sign... salook.gif

How about a copy of Superman 64? Or Aquaman...anything, really.

How about a copy of Superman 64? Or Aquaman...anything, really.

TMNT for NES. Like there was ever a question here. ;-)

I was standing next to a guy who had all the Zelda CDi games for him to sign.

Mad Gear might have some copies of Shaq-Fu or Superman64 up for sale. KF