• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,179 posts
  • LocationSumter, SC

Posted 30 May 2002 - 06:42 AM

Final Fantasy VI 'Terra (Black Crystal Mix)'

Kaijin loves the ballads. No surprise you find sweeping strings and a
lite piano line here. Great arrangement.. I don't really like this remix, but
that's only because I'm not a fan of the genre. Great work nonetheless.

#2 BigDRS

BigDRS

Mudkip (+150)

• Members
  • 177 posts
  • LocationHudson, OH

Posted 02 July 2002 - 09:31 PM

Very nice groove. I like the strings, they have a nice texture, the drums are fine, everything is pretty good but it still lacks something.

#3 TheWired

TheWired

Fox McCloud (+1200)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,292 posts
  • LocationGranby, Quebec, Canada

Posted 11 August 2002 - 06:20 AM

I've always liked this song, even the original. Kajin sweeps me again with a swift kick in the stomach that almost feels good, by showing me what a great artist he is.

This song is faster-paced than the original song, but you know you want this song, because not only is it on piano, it also has a beat.

So please, do me a favor, and get this remix !
Posted Image

#4 Eccles

Eccles

Kraid (+12000)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,321 posts
  • LocationThe streets of Sim City

Posted 18 August 2002 - 01:28 PM

I first downloaded the MIDI of this and I thought "y'know I really hope this guy re-does this". And he did.
Its brilliant, wonderful, well worth it!

#5 Landon

Landon

Chocobo (+20)

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • LocationAlabama (YUCK)

Posted 07 October 2002 - 05:19 AM

Hmm, a little boring for the most part, but kept short so it doesn't wear on your nerves. I just loooove the little drum break at :48. Not much to say. No comparison to Terra in Black, but still good. 7.5 out of 10.
Landon, Judger of the Remix

#6 elman

elman

Dan Hibiki (+75)

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • LocationMundus lives next door.

Posted 20 April 2003 - 08:15 PM

5/10. Lame, boring, and short. The piano varitions sound like something I came up with when I was ten using my ever so sacred Music Write program. And there's no intro, whatsoever. :(
Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens.
Before I step on you.

#7 Acey

Acey

King Hippo (+15)

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 April 2003 - 12:01 AM

....And the constructive part?
The below statement is true
The above statement is false

#8 zircon

zircon

Balance and Ruin Director, Voices of the Lifestream Director

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,970 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 23 April 2003 - 03:53 PM

To me, this sounds like more of an update of the original theme rather than a remix of it. And I mean that in a good way. It's well arranged, lively, and high quality; I would have liked this on the FF Anthologies soundtrack. Variations don't always have to be ground breaking to sound nice, either. Mozart's "12 Variations", 12 variations on "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" include bars that sound similar to the piano variations in this remix.

#9 Reign87

Reign87

Eggplant Wizard (+50)

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationWherever I go.....There I am

Posted 24 April 2003 - 03:21 AM

Difference in this and the original...Showmanship......I like it...Good job :wink:
" What fools these mortals be "

When Alexander The Great was my age he was conquering Persia

#10 kaijin

kaijin

Goomba (+100)

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • LocationChula Vista, California

Posted 22 November 2003 - 07:04 PM

quote possibly the worst remix ever written.. I give it two thumbs down.

There is no bassline to support it, the piano is shoddy, the drums are repetitious, the samples all suck, and ueumatsu would be rolling over in his grave.. oh wait, he's not dead yet =(

worst. remix. ever... except maybe for Bloody Hell. what was THAT crap.
Posted Image

#11 Synchrone

Synchrone

Chocobo (+20)

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 07:47 PM

Ah.. not my favourite. It starts abrupt, the drums don't.. really work.. the effort is there and it is not bad to listen to, but it just doesn't come together. Doesn't really sound inspired.. but that's what my ears say.

#12 DragonFireKai

DragonFireKai

Strider Hiryu (+2100)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,142 posts
  • LocationOregon State University

Posted 28 April 2004 - 01:00 AM

I don't understand what Kaijin dislikes so much about this mix.

possibly the worst remix ever written.. I give it two thumbs down.

He doesn't like the baseline, but that can be fixed by proper calibration of your sound system. the piano is solid, and it's a refreshing tempo change from the original.
Posted Image
Sig by Doulifée
Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!

#13 Random Fox Thought

Random Fox Thought

Goomba (+100)

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 01:41 AM

I don't understand what Kaijin dislikes so much about this mix.

possibly the worst remix ever written.. I give it two thumbs down.

He doesn't like the baseline, but that can be fixed by proper calibration of your sound system. the piano is solid, and it's a refreshing tempo change from the original.

I agree with that. It's a good song that's perhaps more on the ambient side, but a damned good ambience at that. S'certainly not the worst remix ever, there /are/ some remixes not worth having posted on OC remix (which I'll leave nameless, as it's simply my opinion), but this is not one of them.

#14 RPharazon

RPharazon

Slime (+5)

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 24 February 2005 - 04:43 AM

This mix has a more... upbeat tune than most songs based on Terra.

I don't care if the baseline is completely messed, or perfect, the beat and the nice tune is defenetly a good thing for me.

#15 Zero_

Zero_

Octorok (+25)

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 02:43 PM

I'm more of a fan of the slower remixes of Terra's theme. This, and Tina don't fall both have fast tunes. It's an okay remix though.

#16 Bummer

Bummer

Sonic (+9000)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9,683 posts
  • LocationFort McGruff

Posted 10 October 2005 - 02:37 PM

quote possibly the worst remix ever written.. I give it two thumbs down.

There is no bassline to support it, the piano is shoddy, the drums are repetitious, the samples all suck, and ueumatsu would be rolling over in his grave.. oh wait, he's not dead yet =(

worst. remix. ever... except maybe for Bloody Hell. what was THAT crap.

This is your OWN remix dude, I think you took the wrong turn somewhere. I mean I like it, it has sweet piano, some nice drums in the back, beautiful strings that sooths your nerves, how can this be a piece of crap? This belongs at least to the middle class, may be that this sounds as same as beautiful as the original, but hey, I really think it has changed, you even took some freestyle with the piano at the melody. I don´t care what you think, I´m downloading this "junk" anyway.

#17 SakakiAzu

SakakiAzu

Octorok (+25)

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 08:30 AM

I can not see how you don't like it. It is great... The piano is nice... And has some good parts to it. Just that the drums has one unfitting solo in the beginning, and that's the only bad part.

Overall: 9/10

#18 Death_to_dib

Death_to_dib

Snacks'N Jaxson (+1)

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Locationidaho

Posted 11 January 2006 - 03:39 PM

First off i thought it was a cool remix and i liked the flow it seemed to work well. not the best and when youve got something like terra in black on the market its probably not going to stand as the best remix of this song but its very passable in my oppinion. BTW kaijin, i cant believe you dogged Bloodyhell man... that is one of the best things ive ever heard on this site. Give yourself some credit.

#19 Cerrax

Cerrax

Mario (+1900)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,911 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 12 January 2006 - 05:17 AM

5/10. Lame, boring, and short. The piano varitions sound like something I came up with when I was ten using my ever so sacred Music Write program. And there's no intro, whatsoever.

Don't make me hurt you.....

I love this remix. The beauty is in the simplicity. It doesn't need an intro, it slides right into the tune and keeps rolling with a great beat. Ambient, upbeat but still just a good chillin' piece of music. While other remixes on here can easily overpower Terra Black Crystal with sheer complexity and effects, none can topple it's incredibly addictive sound and catchy style.
10/10
Best. OCR song. EVAR.
And Bloody Hell?.....
Second. Best. OCR song.......ever :D
Posted Image

#20 lady zelda

lady zelda

Cammy (+850)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 862 posts
  • LocationYouTube

Posted 28 January 2006 - 03:40 AM

^ I agree. It's beautiful. Breezy and relaxing. It's like a beautiful green field with the wind blowing through the tall grass. No remix deserves a 5/10 rating, especially such a wonderfully welcoming and comforting one like this. The piano is wonderful. Enough said.
Posted Image
Sig by TriforceStealer
YouTube - Lady Game Lyric Twitter Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

games | mixes | artists | albums