People: These are the moderators

The Orichalcon

DarkeSword

Smoke

zircon

myf

Liontamer

I suggest PM'ing one of these people if there's a spambot around you want to report. Judges have their names highlighted in green because they need to moderate the Judge decisions forum (ie: close threads and such.) Only Liontamer, zircon and DarkeSword are also moderators in the general forums. So if you see a spambot. Send a message to one of them (or better yet, just wait and let them do their jobs and hunt them down themselves.)

DarkeSword

Smoke

zircon

myf

Liontamer

I suggest PM'ing one of these people if there's a spambot around you want to report. Judges have their names highlighted in green because they need to moderate the Judge decisions forum (ie: close threads and such.) Only Liontamer, zircon and DarkeSword are also moderators in the general forums. So if you see a spambot. Send a message to one of them (or better yet, just wait and let them do their jobs and hunt them down themselves.)

Might I suggest Sticky-ing this so those of us who surf at odd hours can contact mods [ie: I rarely get on before 1am CST-4am CST] when nobody is online?

DarkeSword

Smoke

zircon

myf

Liontamer

Might I suggest Sticky-ing this so those of us who surf at odd hours can contact mods [ie: I rarely get on before 1am CST-4am CST] when nobody is online?

I second this. It would be mad helpful for all the new members as well.

This is absolutely insane. Why are there suddenly so many today? Are we gonna have to introduce some sort of screening process for accounts so that we can check they aren't spam bots or something?

It's the most likely outcome. But it's a matter of when. Until it happens, we just have to put up with it. And the 4 active mods have an awful lot of work cut out for them to do coping with it all.

Yeah no kidding. You should make this a sticky and call it "Spam Bot Topics" or something along the lines of pointing out that this thread has to do with Spam Bots, not spam topics.

Great job, btw mods. You keep my thoughts sane at night by knowing that you are fighting off the evil Spam Bot army so I can a have safe, spam bot free OCR. Thank you.

Maybe it is time for some new mods? It doesn't seem like many mods are on in the mornings (morning here, at least) when these spambots show up.

Shouldn't matter. You're not supposed to reply to them anyway. All you need to do is report them to a moderator, preferably a link to the user profile, not a specific post.

Maybe it is time for some new mods? It doesn't seem like many mods are on in the mornings (morning here, at least) when these spambots show up.

Shouldn't matter. You're not supposed to reply to them anyway. All you need to do is report them to a moderator, preferably a link to the user profile, not a specific post.

Yeah it doesn't matter anyway. If you have a child that makes a lot of mess, do you just hire more maids to clean it up? No, you smack the child into line so it doesn't make the mess to begin with.

The problem needs to be attacked at the roots. Better auth system.

According to their profiles, all the mods except Smoke are from the US, Smoke being from the netherlands. Me being from the UK, it's fair to say that pretty much all the mods cept smoke will be asleep in the morning, so maybe there is something to be said for adding perhaps one or two more mods from different time zones just so that there is a bigger chance of being able to contact a mod at any given time?

Spam bots aside, that would be a desirable thing to have anyway.

Man Ori, you're so uptight lately, take a chill pill! or 6

Hey, you can't blame the guy. It is really annoying getting the same PM's over and over again about something that isn't your responsibility. JJT hazed me in his remixer bio, asking everyone who wants his sheet music to email me. I don't even bother responding anymore. Serves him right! Grumble...

Man Ori, you're so uptight lately, take a chill pill! or 6

Hey, you can't blame the guy. It is really annoying getting the same PM's over and over again about something that isn't your responsibility. JJT hazed me in his remixer bio, asking everyone who wants his sheet music to email me. I don't even bother responding anymore. Serves him right! Grumble...

HAHAHAHAHA.

Oh man, why didn't I ever think of that? I think Larry is about to get a lot of weird e-mails now... :twisted:

And I'm the ignorant fuck who incorrectly ran to The Orichalcon with my spambot grievances.

My apologies... again.

Don't feel bad. I did it too once ;p

I've done it twice. I was the one who mentioned the "greeness" of his name as well. I'm partly to blame for this thread, too.

And I'm the ignorant fuck who incorrectly ran to The Orichalcon with my spambot grievances.

My apologies... again.

Don't feel bad. I did it too once ;p

I've done it twice. I was the one who mentioned the "greeness" of his name as well. I'm partly to blame for this thread, too.

errare humanum est. no you know...