Old 06-13-2007, 10:53 AM
Larry Oji, Community Manager, Moderator, Judge
Sheng Long (+10000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkutsukaNekkyonoOtoko View Post
I remember having a question about something when viewing the first draft, and think it may be worth asking: Then is it okay to, as I have the habit of doing, combine multi-part remixes...

Examples:
Final Fantasy VII ~ Philharmonic Suite, Part 1 and Philharmonic Suite, Finale (By: waxingeloquent)
Final Fantasy VI ~ Dancing Madly, Part 1 and Dancing Madly, Part 2 (By: Jeremy Robson)

...Into a single file, for the sake of continuity and convenience in a shuffled playlist (Personal MP3 playlist, for personal hearing only, no redistribution or profits made)?

I just thought some of the wording may not allow for such alteration, and would like confirmation on this issue. Thank you for your time, and great work on finally getting a black-and-white legal content policy done... It seemed like an accident waiting to happen, what with the alteration and reimagining and free distribution of copyrighted music.
Terms of Use, part C specifically says: "Modifications for personal use not involving redistribution, such as burning personal mix CDs or reformatting files for other devices, is acceptable."
Sponsored Links

Please join us the next two weeks supporting our sponsor, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call™!!
Old 06-14-2007, 12:35 AM
Kenneth Keyn, Trenches Composer
Mother Brain (+4000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkutsukaNekkyonoOtoko View Post
Examples:
Final Fantasy VII ~ Philharmonic Suite, Part 1 and Philharmonic Suite, Finale (By: Jeremy Robson)
Final Fantasy VI ~ Dancing Madly, Part 1 and Dancing Madly, Part 2 (By: waxingeloquent)
Sorry for being picky...
Old 06-14-2007, 11:25 PM
Will Gaugler
Luigi (+2000)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abadoss View Post
Sorry for being picky...
Thank you, I was just going to do that.

In response to the new content policy, I think that we've definately needed one for a very long time. I realize that some may disagree with the new policy, however, read it through first, and then decide. OCR is attempting to protect not only itself, but it's artists as well. The very least anyone can really do is give this its fair shake.

Also, I'd like to point out that while this is a necessary step in the evolution of OCR at large, it's just one step, and it's in the right direction.

I'm hopeful that any and everyone who has ever had a remix posted here will come back and and agree, and continue moving forward to create and submit more and more remixes.

We are, after all, just one part of this community, whether you're a remixer or member of the forums. We can all do our part to make this a better place for one and all.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:57 PM

OK, so I know I don't post much at all, but I do listen, and I've started making mixtapes which are distributed through b00mb0x, a not-for-profit website. Is it deemed acceptable use if the only modification is in the format of crossfading for mixing purposes?
Old 06-21-2007, 09:29 AM
Trevin Hughes
Snacks 'N Jaxson (+25)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Send a message via MSN to Kidd Jredd Send a message via Skype™ to Kidd Jredd
I have a question. If I submit somthing to Ocremix and it get's accepted and becomes part of OcRemix's collection, does this policy prohibit me from posting it on other remixing sites like Remix Tha Sauce or VGmix? And if I have already submitted a completed work on another site could it not be posted on OCR beacuse of it?

If so, this would severly limmit my ability to take in people's advice from many places. Getting reviews in the upcomming VGmix 3 with specific scores (especially) is somthing I look forward to. I'd like to learn all I can from all people in game arranging comunities as a whole. As much of an honor it is to be part of a VG arranging site with such high standards, I don't think I'd want to sacrafice potental help in other places for that honor.

However, if you only require me to include the fact that my song is part of Ocremix with a link to the song on this site when posting it on other sites I'd do so with pride and appreciation for this site as a whole.

It may seem like a stupid question but I wanted to make sure so that I could make a descicion. Thanks for any clarifcation in advance.

Jredd-
Old 06-21-2007, 01:49 PM
Wesley Cho, Moderator, Maverick Rising/Serious Monkey Business Director
Sheng Long (+10000)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Jredd View Post
I have a question. If I submit somthing to Ocremix and it get's accepted and becomes part of OcRemix's collection, does this policy prohibit me from posting it on other remixing sites like Remix Tha Sauce or VGmix? And if I have already submitted a completed work on another site could it not be posted on OCR beacuse of it?

If so, this would severly limmit my ability to take in people's advice from many places. Getting reviews in the upcomming VGmix 3 with specific scores (especially) is somthing I look forward to. I'd like to learn all I can from all people in game arranging comunities as a whole. As much of an honor it is to be part of a VG arranging site with such high standards, I don't think I'd want to sacrafice potental help in other places for that honor.

However, if you only require me to include the fact that my song is part of Ocremix with a link to the song on this site when posting it on other sites I'd do so with pride and appreciation for this site as a whole.

It may seem like a stupid question but I wanted to make sure so that I could make a descicion. Thanks for any clarifcation in advance.

Jredd-
No, it doesn't limit you in any such way - the only requirement is when using the remix elsewhere, you eliminate any reference to OC ReMix in the mp3 or the tagging, so you could submit a remix here, and if it gets posted, all you would have to do to use the mp3 elsewhere is remove the reference to OCR in the ID3v1/2 tag & in the filename.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:12 AM
Trevin Hughes
Snacks 'N Jaxson (+25)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Send a message via MSN to Kidd Jredd Send a message via Skype™ to Kidd Jredd
Oh alright, now I understand! Thanks for clearing that up .
Old 06-25-2007, 04:58 PM
K. Dani Davis

OC ReMix Artist Profile

Ah, okay. Yeah, 's cool. No problems here! Good luck, OC Remix!
Old 07-28-2007, 07:42 PM

podcast question

Hi, I'm a long time an of OCRemix but I've never really joined any of the boards. Anyway, I had a question regarding the new Content Policy and podcasts. I'm starting up my own show and was hoping to use some of the works on this site for into and outtro music. From what I've read, I'm planning to give the artist name and say something like "hosted by OverClocked Remix at www.ocremix.org" afterwards, then later on post a link in the show notes. Does this sound acceptable?
Old 08-18-2007, 08:10 AM

New Content Policy Clarification ?

Does this mean that I can't download the song and play it in any public space without written permission from the artist?