Old 09-18-2007, 03:56 PM
Dr. Wily (+1300)

I completely agree with rathoi I didn't like this remix at all.

Sponsored Links

Please join us the next two weeks supporting our sponsor, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call™!!
Old 09-19-2007, 07:29 AM
Joren de Bruin
Bonus-Kun (+3000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

I think that aside from personal opinions, one should pay attention to how the style the mixer was aiming for was executed, which in this case, is near flawless.

The cheesy guitar chugs, the distorted rapping/singing/growling and the harmonized clean singing all are VERY common elements in J-pop, and even though I despise this kind of music, and don't like this particular song very much either, the whole execution and quality of both arrangement and production should be able to shine through any genre-bias. It's easy to just flat-out say that it sucks, but the mixer had an idea for the style mix, and IMO nailed it perfectly.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:11 AM
Aaron
Red Mage (+400)

I didn't like this at first- It's not what I expected to be done for Cid's theme- but I've spent some time listening to it, and it's really grown on me. I'd say it's one of my favorite tracks from VotL now.

Last edited by Barnsalot; 09-20-2007 at 01:21 AM.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:42 AM

Send a message via AIM to TakingBackFlow
I got an account just to say I love this friggen' song.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:12 PM
Kraid (+1200)

If this mix started at 2:40 I would have enjoyed in its entirety. At 3:10 and I would've loved it. In fact, most of the time I will just skip right to that part when it comes up in the playlist.

I did understand sort of how the metal sections were after that swearing, abusive part of Cid's personality, but it really didn't flow with the original theme (or even the rest of the mix) in my opinion. And I also always felt the vulgar and abusive side of Cid were less hardcore metalish and more redneck than anything else.

As was said, clearly this mix does not suffer from lack of effort, technique, or even in some senses execution. But this mix can't really decide what it wants to be, and so I felt that it suffered from that. I would really love to see how this mix would sound if it were more focused into the way it presented the theme after 2:40 and was directed towards building up to that section.
Old 09-22-2007, 07:40 AM
Shazy

Nicely done!

~_~ Heh, I don't normally review so, forgive me for my lack of knowledge in music techs and such.

I will say that, yes,I sensed a little bit of J-pop/rock/whatever kind of flow in there with the vocals but it was okay, I wasn't fully bothered with that. However, I will say the style you portrayed in the Chorus and the Bridge were just.... awesome.. I mean.. I loved it!! It flowed nicely with the original theme in there and I wished it would continue like that; ethereal. "If I got to give some point to the new man tryin' to run my joint" the way that was said >.<d I liked that energy. Hmmm what else...? OH YES!! In the end, the bridge... it won my heart over despite all else. I would like to see another remix of this song with the flow the bridge had, I can't stop listening to that part! Great job! b>.<d
Old 09-25-2007, 11:22 PM
Snacks 'N Jaxson (+25)

Send a message via AIM to Crescent Shadow
I love this song. It definitely ranks in my top five from the album. It has a jpop/jrock-ish feel to it but it also gives me a good Juno Reactor meets KMFDM vibe as well... I liked all of Jovette's mix's i've heard before but this one most definitely tops the bunch.... good job!
Old 09-26-2007, 04:34 PM
Cain McCormack, Judge, Worlds Apart Director
Bonus-Kun (+3000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

I gotta say, I didn't like this at first, mostly because of the irrelevant intro, but man does it ever take off after that. You singing is so varied and layered and processed so well, it sounds so professional, like a wall of sound. The intro rapping is growing on me aswell now. It makes me really enjoy Cid's theme whenever I hear it now, so mission accomplished definately.

Old 10-07-2007, 01:10 AM
Snacks 'N Jaxson (+25)

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Well now, this one certainly has a bit of a Lincoln Park/Limp Biscuit like feel to it, IMO. I generally like this piece of PCP-drugged up adrenaline rushed schizoid case of music madness. Though I don't know about keeping anything true to the original, but I personally like it when an original piece is sent to the mental ward for some drug-induced stress relief. Alright, that just sounds cheesy, but I can't help but think that way.

The only thing I can gripe about is that there appear to be some lyrics at the beginning that aren't on the writeup lyric page, circa 00:44 - 00:59. Someone mind shedding some light on this?

Overall an enjoyable piece. Good work.

Otakudom + Borg, Gods, Demons, Cat-girls, Inu-girls and other strange beings = Lots of power and fun!
Old 10-10-2007, 03:34 PM

Awsomeness

Well I had a big long post that got ate... so I'll be quick

AWSOME!!!!!
The different elements meld together for something greater than the parts.

My mapping(Im no music major)

0:00-0:33 Intro, Ninty Nine Nights like orch.
0:33-1:00: Metal, Clean vocals
1:00-1:15 Growling
1:15-1:33 Metal Lordi like growling. YEAH YEAH!
1:33-2:05 Clean vocals
2:05-2:20 Growling
2:20-2:37 Lordi like growling
2:37-3:10 Bridge Techno
3:10-3:43 Chorus, clean singing
3:43-3:58 Bridge 2
3:58-4:14 Chorus 2
4:14-4:45 Breakdown Chorus
4:45-4:49 Outro

Thank-you for such good track.

Tags
electric-guitar, hip-hop, lyrics-original, orchestral, rock, singing, synth, vocals-male