ANNUAL FUNDRAISER!! Help us take OCR to the next level by supporting us on PATREON!!

Old 08-27-2010, 02:49 PM
Connor Pelkey
Akuma (+1100)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Well said. With some Funny moments to boot.

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:30 PM
Rashad Hill
Tanooki Mario (+1500)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

I haven't played through any of the God of War series xD. I couldn't help but listen as Sephire always has somethin interesting and compelling to talk about I had no choice but to keep listening. Nice video, all of them are nice.
"We are not wise enough yet, nor are we civilized. As long as there's prisons, police, armies, navies, we are not civilized. When the world joins together, and agrees to use the Earth intelligently...That'll be the beginning of the civilized age" - Jacque Fresco
Old 08-28-2010, 02:16 AM
Tanooki Mario (+1500)

I know I'm a week behind, but I want to thank you Seph, for touching upon the "Survival Horror" aspects of today's modern games. It's been a while since I screamed "YES!" aloud so my (soon to be ex.) roommate looked at me funny.

Powet.TV - Latest Retro Review: Batman vs. Batman\\-//Art Site\\-//Original Sound Version
Old 09-03-2010, 01:41 AM
Mega Man (+1000)

Sephire and team, I want thank you for your entry this week. Not only did you make a convincing argument for the protection of video games under free speech, but you accomplished something else: You inspired me, and the passion that I have for video games. If anyone can show us the difference between games being toys for kids, and games being evolved, completely professional entertainment mediums, you certainly can. Thank you for emphasizing the legitimacy of video games. You're contributing a great deal for gamers everywhere; I hope you understand this. Fantastic job, keep going!
Old 09-03-2010, 06:46 AM
Luke
Big Boss (+6000)

JCvgluvr just said it very well.

I'd follow you into war Seph, that quote at the end was incredible. One of your best vids yet period. This series is becoming very very impressive. In a way I kind of hope, by some great unlikely strides, that law does pass JUST so the backlash of protests from proud gamers could be felt.

Gamers lining up around the block to step up and testify to gaming's artistic merit? Banned games that in turn get released underground as a political statement and pick up speed and popularity? It would really be such a dumb move, they'd be shooting themselves in the foot if they pass this. It'd be like the premise of Equilibrium come to life.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:23 AM
Anders
Tanooki Mario (+1500)

Send a message via MSN to StarZander Send a message via Skype™ to StarZander
Free Speech
Old 09-03-2010, 09:47 AM
Cain McCormack, Judge, Worlds Apart Director
Bonus-Kun (+3000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Serious business!

Old 09-03-2010, 12:20 PM
Travis Petty
Raccoon Mario (+1450)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

I think this series alone may have defined my career path through college. While I may not have my (and many others) coveted golden job of composing music for video games, I believe I at least want to be involved in them.

Thank you, team "Extra Credits", for reviving my pride for something I have cherished for so long. It's so hard to keep a steady foot in the fight for video game arts when so many around me (where I live at least) see it as a child's toy. It's comradery like this that keeps me going.

Click my sig for some free musicks =D
"If you want your dreams to come true, you mustn't oversleep."
Old 09-03-2010, 07:34 PM
Gerry Wheatley, The Missingno Tracks Director
Dark Force (+9000)

If the US did declare games as not protected by their Constitution, then I suspect we will see a big drop in US-based companies, with a large increase in Japanese and European developers.

I wonder what this would mean for Microsoft, as they are the only non-Japanese console developer. Most of their games are made by US developers, and if they pack it up or move out of town, they could see a big drop in software sales. Sony and Nintendo would still have all their Japanese companies (and Nintendo's own in-house people) to fall back on, but in the North American market, even they would suffer losses.

You know what? I think it's time for MS to start throwing some cash and weight around like the old days. They have the economic, social and political clout to fuck over the entire "games aren't protected" bullshit. Come on, Microsoft, show us the old, evil bastard MS we used to know and love to hate.
Old 09-05-2010, 04:27 AM
Andrew LaChance
Red Mage (+400)

Whoa whoa whoa...you mean Sephire's vids, which I usually had to wait months for, I now have to wait only a week? Awesome. Are there any plans to upload your previous vids on there now (Uncanny Valley, etc...) so others who haven't seen them before will know they exist (maybe save until you go on vacation/holiday/etc..)?

Also, I gotta say, it really does seem that you guys think of everything. Amazing work. I am seriously hoping some companies (or their employees) start watching these. Great ideas.