ASK A JUDGE: While we're busy NOT voting - your questions, we want 'em

Liontamer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So I started a remix I was planing for a while, and I had this idea of using the actual source tune for an intro, only the first 12 seconds of it (time-compressed a bit), as sort of an initial transition into the beats.

Source Tune:

Remix, so far, nowhere near done the intro: http://tindeck.com/listen/blpi

Question: May I use the source like this if I intend to submit it later?

P.S. ALSO HOW COME NO ONE HAS REMIXED DIABLO II YET?!?!?!

I do a lot of remastering for videogames (pretty high quality stuff). I'm wondering if I could technically submit those for judging? I don't just "add a drum loop to the original MIDI" but I take the source file and completely revamp it. It's still the same song straight from the OST, but with high quality VST instruments.

It's a real long shot, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask anyway :P

• 2 weeks later...

Judge queue begins at feb 2011. How come a mix dating from july 2010 is still stuck in there?

Jul 2010 - Legend of Dragoon 'Deadbeat'

I'm starting to feel sorry for the poor guy/gal.

Also, how can there be a remix of Deus EX Human Revolution when the game (and subsequently OST) hasn't even been released yet?

...unless of course, the person who composed the soundtrack walks among us. :shock:

You guys do that often? Personally help people to pass? Or is that only for certain (white + rich) people? :<

I think that that is not anyone's business but Andrew's and the remixer's. Also I think what you said is actually very rude.

Edit: also, they personally help people to pass all the time by JUDGING. What else are you expecting?

Edited by Level 99