Whats the most crazy video game-related thing you've ever done

Final_metroid

I was thinking with all the hype about SSBB, and all the past hype and insanity that surrounded titles like Halo 3 and somewhat FFXII. Whats the craziest thing you've ever done because of a video game?

For me, I didnt really get into final fantasy until I was 13. I borrowed 7 from my cousin on a friday. Going to bed at 12, i woke up around 5 am to play, wide awake. I'm sure that isn't REALLY "harcore", but i want to hear other peoples stories about this

Went to the midnight launch of the wii, on the coldest night in florida, dying with the flu.

Oh, you poor baby. Try going to school in Iowa yesterday. It was -4 degrees, with -11 wind chill. Yeah, doesn't seem so bad now. Now the flu thing, that makes me feel sorry for you.

On topic, I waited in line for one hour for Halo 3.

I played through Mario 64 for 8 hours straight, taking only one break to pee and eat a piece of watermelon. Got all 120 stars though.

Wrote a fan fiction for Legend of Zelda (it was okay, but not great)

Bought a PS2 exclusively to play Kingdom hearts 2.

That same day, I came within an inch of punching the guy behind the Gamestop counter in the face because he told me I'd have to wait two more days to get the game. After I told him he was full of shit in so many colorful words, he looked again and "found" a copy.

Threw my GBA across the room when one of my characters died in Fire Emblem after spending three hours leveling everyone else. Fortunately, the only thing that got broken was the battery panel. And I fixed that with tape.

I played through Mario 64 for 8 hours straight, taking only one break to pee and eat a piece of watermelon. Got all 120 stars though.

Wrote a fan fiction for Legend of Zelda (it was okay, but not great)

Bought a PS2 exclusively to play Kingdom hearts 2.

That same day, I came within an inch of punching the guy behind the Gamestop counter in the face because he told me I'd have to wait two more days to get the game. After I told him he was full of shit in so many colorful words, he looked again and "found" a copy.

Threw my GBA across the room when one of my characters died in Fire Emblem after spending three hours leveling everyone else. Fortunately, the only thing that got broken was the battery panel. And I fixed that with tape.

I make sure I have a pillow handy to tear apart every time I play fire emblem.

I am not joking.

i headbutted one of the original big bertha gameboys till the screen broke over warioland , i shattered a ps1 controller over r-type, i've cracked around 3 street fighter anniversary edition pads not counting the one i axe kicked that no longer works at all playing fighters online, i've broken one mouse playing diablo 2 (tried to transfer by myself, game dropped, lost a bunch of shit) uh broke a snes remote over some game that i don't even remember

uh that's what i remember but i know i've gone through at least 2 or 3 ps2 remotes so yeah not a complete list

Back when I was flipping burgers in my youth, I would often blow off work to hang around with my friends and play video games. The best of these times was when I stayed over at my friend Ross's place. He got out a second TV and we played our own games straight on until 8 in the morning. I called in sick at work so I could sleep for three hours and got right back onto Grandia 2.

3 days of Gran theft auto frenzy for each of the 3 PS2 version (III, Vice and SA) with friends when they are released. Not much sleeping and lot of fun.

We will do it again for gta IV for sure :D

also midnight "camping" for the GCN. it wasn't camping, because the shop was open all night long, with playable game running across the shop. At midnight it was possible to start buying GCN.

Spent more time in March 2005 playing Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II than going to class. Skipped my one accounting class the most... going only two or three times in the entire month. Still managed a C+ even with all my negligence. But it stands as, by far, the worst grade I reveived during my university career.

Oh, you poor baby. Try going to school in Iowa yesterday. It was -4 degrees, with -11 wind chill. Yeah, doesn't seem so bad now. Now the flu thing, that makes me feel sorry for you.

You people can complain when you have to deal with -50 celsius. With or without wind chill.

Anyway, before I owned a PSX I rented one to try out FFVII. I played it for more than 9 hours and 45 minutes straight with no breaks barring going to the bathroom. I would even eat with one hand and play with the other. I didn't have a memory card either so I couldn't save.