Sign in to follow this  
TheSnowStorm

As A Musician, What Is Your Greatest Achivement

Man, I don't have any great singular accomplishments. Just a flurry of okay accomplishments.

I did all the homework for my music theory and ear training classes in a day this semester, for example.

-Fanmail is always a tiny accomplishment. No matter how short or... bizarre they may get, they're always little gems of kindness.

You need to post that particularly insane email conversation again. It was a great laugh the first time you posted it here.

For me, it's this remix right here. I don't think I'll ever be as proud of a piece of my own music as I am with this. I guess the achievement belongs to pixietricks and GrayLightning for taking my mix to the next level.

I know it's small as achievements go, but I always love getting to collaborate with some of the people here, particularly the ones who dwarf my own skill.

2 great acheivements:

1. Releasing my first CD last year

2. Recently changing styles from downtempo chill/ambient to hard dance/chunky electro, and getting used to the style very quickly, because I had the patience over the last 2 years to learn about synthesis, compression, etc, things which I persevered with - now THATS satisfaction; when you realize your knowledge is greater than you thought

Biggest musical achievement is still this. 2004? Fuck. Some other things:

-Getting on OCR twice, both times barely scraping past the judges :D

-Warfreak2's "D:\Remix" EP

-Recently, completion of my full length album Garden Art and OverCoat - A Cyberpunk Adventure EP. I just wish I would get a little more in the way of reviews or feedback.

-Even more recently, an OHC with C64 God Jeroen Tel, and then only trailing his win by 2 points. Then losing the next compo to Nario [who actually made a fantastic song]

In general, people have started telling me they enjoy my music, like Mustin came up to me at Magfest 6 and was like "hey I heard your EP, I liked it." I didn't know he knew what I looked like. I'm still definitely not a crowdpleaser, nor do I want to be. I'm... not really used to people complimenting me. :V

-People still dutifully worshipful of me even though I haven't released a song in like... 2, 3 years :/

hey, some songs just seem to net that kind of eternal gratitude!

Biggest musical achievement is still this. 2004? Fuck. Some other things:

-Getting on OCR twice, both times barely scraping past the judges :D

-Warfreak2's "D:\Remix" EP

-Recently, completion of my full length album Garden Art and OverCoat - A Cyberpunk Adventure EP. I just wish I would get a little more in the way of reviews or feedback.

-Even more recently, an OHC with C64 God Jeroen Tel, and then only trailing his win by 2 points. Then losing the next compo to Nario [who actually made a fantastic song]

!~soc

I guess the most "notable" thing I've done is having my music used several times in the background for several segments on a local news channel. That was just indescribable.

My greatest personal achievement though is probably a song I've just finished recently called Fields of Black. I definitely believe it to be the best thing I've ever written, and that's a great feeling. I'll send it out once I've finished the rest of this new album I'm working on (though I believe there's a bit of it in that preview set I mention in my sig).

In creating music, maybe these have been my favourite pieces.

Farewell http://media.putfile.com/Prometheus-Farewell

The Flying Machine http://media.putfile.com/Prometheus-TheFlyingMachine

Six years ago, one of my biggest dreams was to make music like Yasunori Mitsuda or Hiroki Kikuta. Those guys were some sort of gods to me. I think nowadays I'm somewhat close to their awesomeness (and I'd say im a bit further than nearer, because i'm only a hobbyist and not a pro)

Right now Im supposed to be the guy making the OST for Mystery of Albesila http://mysteryofalbesila.deviantart.com/ ... but I'm waiting for an animated script to write some real stuff.

Here's some kind of trailer of the concept art

... there are more, but the music of the others sucked... it's really old stuff.

Also, it was great to be accepted in Doom: Delta-Q-Delta project, and in some others. I cant wait for them to be released, and see what happens! :D

-Making Regional Honors band my senior year of high school playing 3rd chair saxophone

-Getting a Superior at state for a saxophone solo that same year (even though I was so nervous, I couldn't even draw a full breath; only time in my life that's ever happened)

-Getting a song accepted here (though it won't be posted for a while)

I'd say mine would be winning the World Pipe Band Championships for grade 3B in 2003 (not a very high grade, I know, but we had beaten the band that won in 3A in prior competitions). So damn long ago...it's taking so much time to get back into the groove of all things musical.

hmm...

1. Releasing a CD and actually breaking even (with a little extra :P)

2. Getting chosen in the top 4 of SGX's 2nd remix album.

3. Fan mail

4. Random ppl using my music in a few youtube videos (w/ credit :P)

5. Random ppl adding me to msn/aim just to say they like my music <3

6. Getting some songs on FFR

7. uhh.. more random stuff like that.

I dont really have a huge accomplishment, but alot of little ones, but that definitely makes me happy :D

I've never submitted to OCR before... at least not yet, but I play music with different people as often as I can at different places but as for a greatest achievement?

Hearing music in your head and then making the music in your head a reality and afterwards sitting back and hearing your creation with all its full movements is definitely a great achievement and is extremely gratifying... every time.

I've been playing guitar for a little over a year now, and i'm extremely happy with my daily improvment. I've just started learning the solo to stairway to heaven after being told it's not overly difficult. Teaching myself how to play the guitar (with help) has been my greatest and ongoing achievment.

Writing original music for a various homebrew games including.

Streets of Rage Remake (contributed 5 remixes)

Puzzle Carnival

Callisto

Nanotron

Comments from Richard Jacques, who was impressed by some of my work, that made my year. :razz:

Writing Foce of Light, which right i feel is my personal musical high.

Making a little money out of something i enjoy.

And last but not least the postive comments made by the many fans who enjoy my work both remixes and original, it is very nice to hear them and inspires me to work harder to improve myself constantly.